Before our trip to Florida, I visited Vacation Village's website and had a look at their videos of the resorts at Weston, so when I opened the door to our one-bedroom unit (a B-unit, I think) in the Flamingo 1 building, I have to admit it was not quite what I was expecting. The unit was quite small and cramped, and having just checked out of a lovely, spacious two-bedroom unit at Silver Lake Resort in Orlando, this was a jagged little pill. We consoled ourselves with the fact that we would be there only two nights, and that we would be out shopping all day both days, so it was just a place to rest our heads at night.
The entire unit (furnishings, fittings, decor, etc.) was very dated. I have not seen one of those small-screen tube TV's in ages before Vacation Village at Bonaventure. I imagine if we were doing the timeshare preview, they would have demoed one of their better, more modern units, but there is no better way to sell your guests on your resort than to have them actually experience the comfort of staying in one. This is what Silver Lake Resort did and they got our vote and our membership.
Given my first Vacation Village experience, I do not feel inclined to return anytime soon, but I may give them another chance some time in the future, trying another one of their resorts and an A-unit next time. I am just wary about taking a chance on the quality of my family vacation; I prefer to book a resort where I am assured a certain standard of accommodation, rather than the hit or miss situation that Vacation Village seems to put me in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-appointed Vacation Village at Bonaventure features spacious one-and two-bedroom suites that are equipped with luxurious living and dining areas and are fully furnished for maximum comfort. Relax at one of the resort's pools and watch the palm trees sway in the tropical breezes. Nestled within the famous South Florida Spa, Tennis and Golf Community of Weston, this resort offers maximum privacy for guests but is within minutes of Fort Lauderdale's famed beaches and attractions. Sumptuous dining, world class shopping and excursions to the Everglades are located nearby for your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Vacation Village at Bonaventure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Bonaventure Hotel Weston
- Vacation Village Bonaventure
- Vacation Village At Bonaventure Weston, Florida
- Vacation Village Weston