“Great”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Weston
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed here again for a quick overnight and it was nice :) . This time that I stayed, the lobby has gotten fully redone which looks pretty nice!
Now the rooms... You can tell they were done a few years back but they didn't update everything!! The signage is still old and has the old Courtyard style. The lamps and lighting are older, the closet doors are the older style and the bathroom is still kind of dated.

Beds were fantastic and room was very cozy!!! Also Ada at the front desk was fantastic :-) , she was also there when I went in 2009.

Great Hotel and I would gladly stay again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Doris D, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear JM11Traveler,

On behalf of the entire staff of the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. Our renovated lobby and new Bistro has been well accepted by our guests and I am delighted that you enjoyed it as well. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to improve our hotel. We can't wait to see you the next time you come to town!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Was here on business for a couple days, and my first time to the area. Beautiful property, great location, very good service. Rooms were well-kept, as were the public areas. Would definitely stay out again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear JJHenley,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay with us. We are always very pleased when a guest takes the time to share a wonderful experience at our property. Our renovated lobby, patio and new Bistro have been well accepted by our guests and I am delighted that you enjoyed it as well. I was also happy to read that you found your room and accommodations to be very clean.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to Weston. On behalf of the entire staff of the Courtyard by Marriott Weston, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here for one night before our cruise and we were very pleased with accommodations. The hotel was clean and very quite. Very nice pool area and lobby. We had Breakfast at the hotel and found it to be a little below average.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank larry51347
Doris D, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay at the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston. I am happy that you had a great stay and that you were pleased with accommodations. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to improve our hotel.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to Weston. On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've stayed at Marriott properties near and far and this one is adequate. Pricey too. This is my second stay here, as my mother is having surgery at the Cleveland Clinic, I was given a hefty discount, when I asked if there was one, which makes the stay worthwhile. It appears clean. The location is good and it is quiet and I feel safe here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Doris D, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Wendi P.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us as we strive for 100% guest satisfaction. I am pleased that you took advantage of our Cleveland Clinic Rate. Don't forget we are also always happy to shuttle you back and forth to your appointments in our complimentary shuttle. It means a great deal to me that you enjoyed your stay in our quiet and safe location. We hope to see you again the next time you come to town!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Had a pleasant stay here. Wonderful outside seating area perfect for unwinding with colleagues after a day of work! Great place to enjoy the beautiful Florida weather. Very clean rooms and close to a publix and places to go. Only a 20ish minute drive to the beach!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Doris D, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear zsunshine4444,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston. We are always very pleased when a guest takes the time to share a wonderful experience at our property. Our renovated lobby, patio and new Bistro have been well accepted by our guests and I am delighted that you enjoyed it as well. I was also happy to read that you found your room and accommodations to be very clean. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We travel often for business and personal and often choose a Marriott property. Recently we were in South Florida for a funeral and with family just down the street in Weston, we chose the Weston Courtyard Marriott without even reading reviews since we are so familiar with what is almost always excellent service and nice accomodations.

Unfortunately, we were sorely disappointed. The public areas are well appointed, but the rooms are small and dingy and the housekeeping was awful to non-existent. Housekeeping completely missed us the first day, despite taking our "do not disturb" sign off the door and being gone most of the day. The staff sent up someone to take out our garbage and provide fresh towels when we returned in the evening and called down to complain. We were gone all day again the second day and returned to a room with an odd smell, and clearly not cleaned. The bed was made but that was about it. The floor had not been vacuumed, dirty glasses remained, nothing was straightened and though we did have fresh towels, they left only 2, did not replace the bath mat and it was difficult to tell if the bathroom had even been cleaned.

Again I called down to complain and was told that we would have 25% taken off our bill for one night. I figured I would deal with this at checkout since I thought that a mediocre response at best. This hotel is not cheap and my expectation is to have at least the minimum in housekeeping, which we did not get. When I went to check out, the manager was not very nice and insisted that the first day of no service did not qualify since I had the DND sign on the door in the morning. It took an argument to get her to relent to the 25% on the second day and then only very reluctantly and with a big sigh.

The bill was difficult to understand when it was printed and it turned out they forgot to give me the second page that had come out of the printer, but instead, showed exasperation at my questions about where the credit was posted.

Next time we are in South Florida, we will find a different hotel. And you can be sure I am elevating this to the District Manager level at a minimum. HQ was closed today because of snow but as soon as I find a name, I am forwarding this complaint.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank webbyma
MonicaCY, Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. If you would be so kind and contact our General Manager at cy.fllwc.gm@marriott.com with your personal contact information it would be much appreciated.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 2 nights, was impressed with the hotel lobby area. Hotel is very clean and is located in Weston, Fl which is a very nice and upscale area of Florida. Good location if your going to Cleveland Clinic, they also offer a discount if your going to the clinic. Just a few miles from the Sawgrass Mall area, and many fine dining restaurants near by.

• Stayed: March 2014
Doris D, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

On behalf of the entire staff of the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston, I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you found your room and accommodations to be the right choice for you, as well as our convenient location and quite area. Again, thank you for your feedback as it helps us achieve our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. I appreciate you letting others know about your positive experience! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Comfort Suites Weston  - Sawgrass Mills South
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston
Towneplace Suites Fort Lauderdale Weston
Vacation Village at Weston
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Vacation Village at Bonaventure

Been to Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston? Share your experiences!