“Soccer team weekend stay”

Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Weston
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Soccer team weekend stay”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Trying to find a hotel close to the fields with things for the team to do in their down time in Miami was a challenge-- we had so many requests of things we liked-Maria (group sales) hooked us up!! This was a great hotel with courteous & efficient staff!! Fantastic breakfast, location and employees!!

Stayed March 2014
Christopher P, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Teri D.,
It was an absolute pleasure hosting the team at our hotel in Weston and we also hope the ladies came away with a victory. Thanks for the positive feedback and I will certainly share it with Maria and the whole team at Residence Inn Weston. Hope to see you again real soon!

Chris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Florida
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Before we even checked in we were called 3 times and repeatedly asked to change hotels because they overbooked. We had booked months in advance and were not moving.

Check-In: When we arrived the lady at the front desk was on the phone and chatted away while we stood there with our entire family, including a young and very tired child. It took a long time for her to get off the phone and finally check us in.

Breakfast: A lot of variety, food tasted okay.

Pool and recreation: the pool was disgusting, we would not let our son go in. There were beer bottles around it and the hot tub had something floating on it. The basketball court was cute though and they give you balls at the front desk.

Room: The room was okay, the furniture was dirty and old, our socks were black just walking around on the floor.

Time for a serious upgrade.

Room Tip: Very confusing hotel, either ask for a room close to the elevator or take stairs down.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Sammyjb19
Christopher P, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I understand your frustration with hotel, but as was communicated in an earlier e-mail to you the hotel due to it's proximity to the Cleveland Clinic is a popular choice for people seeking treatment at the Clinic. As a result of this association our hotel from time to time is impacted by unexpected reservation extensions as was the case in this situation. The hotel attempted to act in a proactive manner by securing alternate accomodations at another area hotel and was reaching out to our expected arrivals for that evening to see if there was an opportunity to switch somebody to an alternate spot. The hotel would pay for the accomodations for that inconvenience and also provide transportation if needed. Again I do apologize for the trouble and just to let you know additional Reward points were added to your account for the trouble.

Thanks for your feedback. Your input is helpful in making us better.
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel in need of some cosmetic updates.. But the biggest turnoff was that I found two dead bugs perhaps roaches in the room. I didn't even tell my wife as I didn't want to upset her. The front desk was very nice but I did not mention it to them. I'm not sure what they could do. Sorry

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jan F
Christopher P, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience with us. Please do not hesitate to contact us should there ever be an issue in your room. Issues such as this are a top priority for us and we react immediately to provide resolution. The property is professionally contracted with a local vendor on a monthly basis to proactively avoid any problems such as this. We do apologize and you can be assured that we will take further steps to avoid another occurrence. Thank you for sharing as your feedback only makes us better.

Chris Powers
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Rooms were clean - and no "Florida Moldy Smell", staff very nice, beds better than most Residence Inn's, grounds nice. We were a little skeptical since this was one of the cheaper priced Marriott's in the area - which usually means an old outdated not maintained hotel. They have a free shuttle to Cleveland Clinic and is about a half a mile from I-75.

Room Tip: Rooms facing North have a lake view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Christopher P, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Wonderful to hear of your most recent experience at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale - Weston. The complimentary shuttle servicing Cleveland Clinic is a recent addition to our extensive list of amenities and I am very glad that you were able to take advantage of this new service. Thanks for the feedback on our staff. I am very fortunate to work with some very talented individuals who truly understand what superior customer service is all about. Please be sure to contact us again should your travels take you to the Weston area in the future. It was a pleasure to have you here with us.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I am a sales manager and travel for a living. I am currently at the Residence Inn getting ready to check out later today after a 3 week stay here. I was here for a surgery and brought my family down while i recouped from it. This staff from top to bottom treated my family like their own. While I was fighting for my life they went out of their way to knock themselves out to make my family feel welcomed and taken care of. I woud like to single some of them out, but honestly everyone from the staff who put together the immaculate breakfasts to the front desk, to housecleaning, couldnt have been more helpful or been more accomadating. Money was not an issure and was willing to move my family to the best hotel in the area, when my wife refused to even think about it because she was so happy, it was such a peace of mind. The front desk helped me with cab rides to the airport, dinner arrangements, etc, and never once did i feel like it was a play for a gratuity. Who ever the Manager of this property is, needs to write a book on hiring and training hotel staff. The rooms are extremely clean and bed comfortable as can be. You owe it to yourself to try this place out!!!! Billy Simmons

Room Tip: i preferred the lower floor just due to my mobility
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Christopher P, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank you so very much for your kind words...most importantly we are thrilled to hear that you are doing well and on the road to recovery. People like yourself are the reason we come to work everyday and love our jobs.

Your feedback will be shared with the team and we look forward to having you back here with us again in the future. Stay well!!

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed 1 night all 4 of us, my husband and I and 2 grown children, and my daughter and I will be staying 3 nights again later. They upgraded us at no charge to a 2-room suite on arrival! Huge room! Full Kitchen, 2 separate private BRs opposite sides of Living area, with their own baths, making getting ready in the morning easy. Sink and big closet area with full mirrors between toilet/shower area and BR, very nice.
Plus sofa bed, so son and daughter had a bed to sleep in and their own space.
Only negatives: Space was so limited around bed, it made it almost impossible to have suitcase in bedroom! Access to outlets was a bit difficult in BR, too. On arrival, at night, no place to pull up and go in briefly to register and bring in suitcases. Also, a very little thing, but elevator made a loud ca-clunk, making you wonder if you were going to get stuck in it:) All that said, I'm looking forward to staying there again!
Attentive, helpful, friendly staff. Even can make a grocery list, submit it in morning and have delivered by 6:30 pm!

• Stayed February 2014
Christopher P, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
So happy to hear about your positive experiences at the Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale/Weston. Thanks for taking the time to share with the TripAdvisor Community. Your feedback is a valuable tool and it helps us get even better. We look forward to seeing you again on your return trip.

Chris Powers - GM
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed with my family (children 10 and 4) during Christmas time which usually is very expensive. I got a great deal for 7 days in a suite with Kitchen. And for my surprise the hotel offered a complimentary pass for free to the Weston Athletic center which is a fantastic upscale health club!. Across the street there is another gas station which has a great Venezuelan Bakery were you can eat and the food is fantastic.
They also offer a breakfast buffet that is very decent. Location is great, next to the hotel there is a gas station and a great fast food chicken place.
Staff was very friendly, room clean. The only con is that the sofa bed is extremely uncomfortable so we had to request a extra bed for my son, which made the room feel crowed

Room Tip: We choose a room that was next to the stairs to exit the building and that made it less noisy and ve...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Christopher P, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to have you here with us and we are thrilled to know that you appreciate the value that Residence Inn provides for travelers. We hope to see you again should you be traveling to the Weston area in the future.

Chris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Comfort Suites Weston  - Sawgrass Mills South
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston
Towneplace Suites Fort Lauderdale Weston
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise

Been to Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston? Share your experiences!