“Not what I have come to expect from a Choice Hotel”

Comfort Suites Weston - Sawgrass Mills South
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Weston
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My family stayed here one night before leaving on a cruise. This is not near the port, but we had driven down so transportation was not a concern. The draw was the chance to spend the evening checking out the Sawgrass Mills Mall nearby and to be away from the business of the port/airport.
The first issue was the desk clerk's reluctance to check us in because this stay was using reward points and she didn't think it qualified. I had anticipated this and as soon as I started to pull out a print out of their web site's explanation of the rules she went ahead and checked us in. The room looked great at first glance, but was sub-par as soon as you looked close. The counter and microwave were dirty (no dried food or anything, just streaked as if they were wiped down with dirty water), the picture on the TV was poor, the shower curtain rod was falling down, along with several other minor things.None of these issues was major, but combined they provided a very poor experience. Had I been paying for the stay instead of using points I would have been asking for a discount.
The breakfast was just like the rest of the stay, not horrible, but not good either.
For one short night it was not awful, but I would not stay here more than 24 hours if I could help it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
weston954, General Manager at Comfort Suites Weston - Sawgrass Mills South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

FormerRoadWarrior, thanks for your feed back. We regret to hear of your concerns during your recent visit; we would never knowingly disappoint you. When anything does not meet your expectations it is our commitment to make it right when you let the front desk know without delay. We strive for perfection and guest comments like yours gives us the opportunity to improve.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable comments. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance on your next trip to Weston.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Weston - Sawgrass Mills South

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Stayed one night because family member having procedure at Cleveland Clinic Hospital close by. They give the best rates for Clinic patients compared to other hotels in area. There a few restaurants within steps of the hotel and several within a short drive. I found the premises to be cleaned and well-maintained, including the grounds, lobby, and sleeping room. Very comfortable mattresses and pillows, large screen TV. Breakfast was wonderful, waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage,good coffee, you name it, you don't leave hungry. Only 2 minor gripes: front desk girl was alone and very busy when I checked in, people on line, answering phone, housekeeper asking her questions, seemed like too much for one person. (She was, however, unfrazzled by it, and was courteous throughout.) It just took me a long time to get checked in. Room was quiet until family moved in to room next door to us, which was an adjoining room, with a locked door separating us. It became noisy for us until the young child went to sleep. We still plan to stay here the next time we have business in Weston, and I recommend that you do the same.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Chazb0, thank you for your comments, we are delighted that you had a comfortable stay.
It is wonderful to hear your positive feed back; thank you for taking the time, we very much appreciate it. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

The staff was attentive and helpful, the buffet decent, and location convenient all with a nice price. However, the bathrooms were moldy, carpets not vacuumed and things kept breaking. The first room they moved me from because the A/C was leaking all over the floor and the bed sheets had hair and stains. Second room the bed was clean but not much else. Hair dryer broke on day 2. I won't stay here again. Courtyard is better.

• Stayed: May 2013
weston954, Manager at Comfort Suites Weston - Sawgrass Mills South, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Karenf2424, thank you for your comments. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding several housekeeping issues on your recent visit. I have discussed your feedback with our supervisors and our maintenance person to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Weston. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

This was a stopover prior to a cruise from Port Everglades. Having a car we didn't have to stay at a local Ft. Lauderdale hotel close to the Port and Airport.
This hotel was clean and well run.
It was nice not having the pre cruise rodeo loading up for the Port. There was only a kids soccer group that was just fine.
The front desk was helpful, the location convenient to a delightful comfort food restaurant nearby Lucille's.
We'd gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

445joelK, thanks you so much for your comments, we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you whenever you are in the area in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

We chose this location because we needed a place to stay for one night after landing in Fort Lauderdale and wanted to be away from the downtown and airport. Only about 20 minutes from the airport and close to I-75. We arrived after dark and were greeted by a friendly front desk person and found the hotel clean and well maintained and the room comfortable, but not spectacular. Rooms must be well insulated, because we hardly heard a noise all night. Hotel is somewhat difficult to find at night, because there are no large, tall signs in the area (must be local zoning which makes the area more attractive). We only saw one rather small, lighted sign near the entrance to the driveway, but it was not a big problem.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dailywalker

Dailywalker, thank you for sharing your experience, we value your comments. We are indeed glad that you did find us and we look forward to you having you back when your travels bring you to Weston again

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Overall, the hotel is nice. The rooms are a good size. There is a small "living" area with a nice couch and television set, away from the bed. A small kitchen area with a sink, microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. The room smelled nice and was clean. The bed was comfortable, for a hotel. My daughter thought it was a little hard, and I don't think she slept as well as I did. I checked for bed bugs and did not see any evidence of them. The front reception area is also nice and clean. Check in and out was easy. To be picky, our rooms rug was a little faded and worn, but acceptable. The shampoo and conditioner sample bottles they give were very small. Enough for only 1 person and 1 use. I am glad we brought our own. They did not give sample lotions like many other hotels do.

We did have a little trouble finding the hotel because my GPS kept steering us somewhere else.

Room Tip: My room (403) had the top of a palm tree blocking the whole view. They did ask me what floor I want...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank annaegel
weston954, Manager at Comfort Suites Weston - Sawgrass Mills South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2014

Dear Aisha_Carol71,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.com!

It was certainly my pleasure to meet you, and have you stay with us here at Comfort Suites Weston! I am happy to hear that overall, you enjoyed your stay, despite the lack of sun on our pool patio area, while you were here!
As you experienced, we try in every way to ensure that each guest has a great hospitality experience - all the way from the first phone call (or email!) up until the date of departure - and we are delighted to hear that we've done just that!

Should you ever need to return to our area, please do not hesitate to contact us - we'd be more than happy to have you return to our property!

Thank you again for your time, and for staying with us!

Warmest Regards,
Crystal
Manager

Reviewed 14 March 2013

This is a suites hotel but the room was small and not especially convenient. The sink was in the bedroom area so a sleeper might be disturbed if someone else got up early. The sitting area had very low light. There are lots of interesting restaurants in the immediate area and plenty of parking at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kaydc

kaydc, thank you for your feed back, we appreciate your comments.
We hope that when you return to the area you will stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Towneplace Suites Fort Lauderdale Weston
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston
Vacation Village at Weston
Vacation Village at Bonaventure

Been to Comfort Suites Weston - Sawgrass Mills South? Share your experiences!