“A little piece of Spain in the Everglades!”

Entretapas Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 135 Restaurants in Weston
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Entretapas is an authentic Spanish tapas-style restaurant serving the city of Weston, FL. Here, flamenco dancing is welcome and wine is plentiful.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

OMG! If you can find the time to eat here ... Do it! Nestled in a strip mall right off of I-75 this place is a gem!!! The tapas entrees are amazing! There is a little bit of everything on the menu and you definitely feel like you have stepped into a restaurant right in the middle of Spain! Don't be shy ... Try the fish, the pork, the chicken, the beef ... Come hungry! You will not go wrong choosing off this menu ... We went to catch up with some cousins and we ate it all!!! Reasonable prices and awesome food!!! Take the time and find this place! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

service good as well will have to tell my friends, can't say yet what my favorite dish is because I will have to try it a couple more times

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The live entertainment was good. The food was really fantastic when we finally received it. The waiter did not place our order he just forgot and we waited and waited. We thought that they were waiting for the performance to be finished before they served us, he just dis not place the order in the kitchen and we ordered the paella and had to wait long before we got it they were ready to close up. The paella was tasty but the rice was a bit under cooked. I will go back. The owner does not speak English however he tries. If going on a Friday make a reservation we had to wait almost a hour.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a place a bit off the ordinary path of your standard restaurant that offers authentic Spanish Tapas and Paella among other fine Spanish cuisine. It is a small place with the settings of a market-like environment where the victuals for sale are in a clean and orderly exhibit all around the seating area, giving the place a nice and cozy ambient to some extent similar to a Starbucks hovel; but this place offers elegance and class. This is NOT by any means a fast food restaurant. Since I mentioned the agowilt and horrifying utterance: "Fast Food"; I am obliged to make a pit stop here.

There are the Culinary Arts and the Food Processing. A respectable "culinarian" worker is a professional Cook, or a Chef. Traditionally, a Cook –-although a very proficient and knowledgeable food preparer-- is a person who cooks food for consumption, as to a Chef who is a highly skilled professional acutely proficient in all aspects of food preparation to the echelon of "Haute Cuisine", and beyond. The clever difference between the Culinary Arts and the Food Processing, are Mr. Ratatouille and the chow gang of Mr. McDonald's, Mr. Burger King and Miss Wendy's. These preceding feedlots are a real enantiodromia. In order to be able to fully appreciate and utterly enjoy the difference between these gastronomies, from time to time I need to "flush" my palate to start anew; so I go to Seven Eleven or McDonald's and order a greasy Half-Smoke at the first, or anything (really!) on the later ones. This "resets" your palate to "numbing" that it's like papillae amnesia. Now you can enjoy again in its full power, the restaurants that have real Cooks or Chefs.

After my last torturing but necessary and indispensable "Caliculus Gustatorius" (taste buds or papillae) cleansing cycle, and now with a clean slate; or perhaps I shall say: with a "recently distillated tongue" adeptly capable of uncontaminated, discriminative, and undiluted tasting ability, I was competent of wholly appreciating the food I was going to consume on a menu so far apart from meals 1 to15, Small, Medium, Large and Grotesque from any of the refectories aforementioned in the previous written snippet.

It was a very stormy and rainy evening, so Entretapas with a capacity for 100 wasn't full, but a few plucky and daring patrons were there enjoying dinner. I promptly ordered Mejillones al Albariño. These are extraordinary mussels with garlic cooked with Albariño (or Alvarinho) wine, a variety of white wine grape grown in Galicia which was brought to Iberia by the suspicious French Clugny monks during the twelfth century. The mussels were scrumptiously well cooked. We also ordered Sangría, a typical beverage from Spain and Portugal consisting of red wine, chopped orange and lemon. It was suave, tasty, and cold. The dessert was Tarta de Santiago, a sweet flowerless almond tart with vanilla ice cream, delicately decorated with a red sauce. This tart comes from Galicia and its origin although in the Middle Ages, it has a very contemporary taste.

The ambient was neat and inviting. The music pouring through the speakers brought the Gypsy Kings, some "Americanized" Spanish classics, and other rhythmic Iberian variety. Our hosts, Alejandra form Colombia and Maité from Gran Canaria did a splendid job. Alejandra was taking care of every single detail for us. The China which we were served on was beautiful and classy, and the prices surprisingly economic for the quality of the food. The Expresso that crowned my dinner was dark as a dungeon, and sweet as Love. For the record, I like Love more than Dungeon.

1  Thank Rodrigo G
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Insanely great Paella. They take 30-35 minutes to mAke but the carafe of Sangria made the time fly. The basics like bread, rice goat cheese salad were off the wall great. There is a nice beer and wine section as well. We all were simply surprised how good it was and will be back!