Reviews of this place were so scary that i nearly cancelled the trip....glad i didn't. our "B" unit on the 5th floor of the "Ibis" building (the main building - where the pool and deli are located) was more that adequate for 2 adults. The furnishings were very nice, bright and comfortable...The kitchenette has full size fridge...but no oven or dishwasher....but otherwise everything you're likely to need...again for 2 people not a problem. Flat screen tv's in bedroom and living room...tiled floor with area rug in living room...every area seem very, very clean. I loved the little balcony and great view of the pool area and everglades and in the distance at night you can see the lights of Ft. Lauderdale...very nice view indeed. Sleep quality was surprisingly good considering the proximity of highway (rt 75 - alligator alley).
The overall resort is very nicely landscaped and maintained. Saw lots of workers everyday doing new plantings and cleaning, watering, etc.
Check-in was easy and very friendly. However, when you are referred to the "guest services" desk to get your parking permit (as other reviewers have suggested,) I strongly recommend you decline the offers of "free breakfast" and other seemingly good offers from the timeshare sales folks. I speak from experience of many years - and as a happy timeshare owner at Wyndham - these are high pressure sales...not worth the time no matter what they seem to offer. It can ruin a nice vacation.
My only other complaints about this resort are: Although the pool is very nice it is on the small side and sometimes it can be impossible to find a chair or lounge. There is no pool bar or any other bar for that matter. The deli and general store are quite small and have very limited hours. Although the management asserts that this is a "gold level" RCI resort...i cannot hold a candle to such FL timeshare resorts as Bonnet Creek and Sheraton Vistana, for example.
Overall, we were very pleasantly surprized by the quality of our stay....especially given the dreadful experiences of other reviewers. But they should not be dismissed or ignored! This is truly a tale of two resorts and we had the unique experience of seeing both. My sister-in-law and her husband had booked a Flamingo "B" unit at the nearby sister vacation village resort at "Bonaventure" during that same week...they left after 2 nights! There building resembled a concrete warehouse rather than a condo...except for one small dirty window in the bedroom there was no natural light whatsoever....no balcony....antique time tv's.....furnishings dated and dirty....the pool was a joke...hallways, elevators dirty and smelly. They tried to move to another building - like ours - but to no avail.
So there seems to be no middle ground here....either you get the nice experience of VV Weston or the awful experience of VV Bonaventure... Both managed and owned by the same co. My humble advice: tear down Bonaventure.... you will avoid all the negative reviews and more importantly, avoid disappointing so many folks who came to Vacation Villages for a well deserved vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within the famous South Florida Spa, Tennis and Golf Community of Weston, lies a vacationer's dream at Vacation Village at Weston Resort. Indulge in spacious one-and two-bedroom suites with amenities like private Jacuzzi tubs, kitchens, and living and dining areas. Resort amenities include a heated, outdoor pool and relaxing outdoor whirlpool. Poolside activities, barbecue facilities and more also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vacation Village at Weston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Weston Hotel Weston
- Weston Vacation Village
- Vacation Village Weston Bonaventure
- Vacation Village Weston Florida
- Vacation Village At Weston Florida