“Great for a FAMILY Vacation but definitely not a 5 Star Resort”

Vacation Village at Weston
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Weston
Reviewed 28 January 2007

Vacation Village at Weston was a beautiful property. I requested a room with a view and received one without hassle. The staff was courteous and not once was I solicited for a timeshare. We had a unit with a full kitchen, which was very, very spacious with a wonderful view (pool). I called maintenence who responded very promptly for an issue. This place is PERFECT for a family vacation. They have a wonderful pool with a waterfall that kids will love!

The negatives are that you receive no ROOM SERVICE during your stay unless you pay extra. I requested fresh towels and was actually expected to use the laundromat to wash and dry them myself, which I felt was ridiculous....I don't do laundry on VACATION. Clean, fresh towels should be readily accessible.

Also, the room smelled moldy. Understandable, as Florida is very humid and the majority of the rooms on the property remained closed and are not properly aired. However, in a place that bills itself as a "5 Star Resort", you expect fresh smelling (it was clean) rooms and fresh towels upon request.

Oh, and last but not least....it's so-o-o-o far away from Miami. Granted, not really, if you go to Miami once during your entire trip, but we went daily and it became exhausting. If you intend to spend the majority of your trip in Miami, than you should really consider getting a hotel in the city.

Oh, and remember Vacation Village at Weston is not the same as Vacation Village at Bonaventure. We looked at that property during our stay and Bonaventure doesn't even compare to Weston. If at all possible....make sure you book at WESTON! :) (Thanks to previous TripAdvisor reviewees who made that distinction. I chose Weston due to those reviews!)

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
8  Thank NappyPrincessMD

Reviewed 26 January 2007

We stayed at the Vacation Village for a wedding weekend. The wedding was at the Hyatt across the street. We were told to stay here, so we didn't really think to try the Hyatt instead. We will next time!

It wasn't that this place was terrible, it just wasn't what we were expecting. We don't get away much, so we were really looking forward to a nice resort stay.

Check in took about 45 minutes. It was SO slow. And they gave us about 100 papers to read later. They were copied so many times they were crooked with weird lines and such. Not impressive when trying to show your property. Then after check in we had to go to another check in line for our parking pass. I don't understand why they couldn't just give it to us in the regular line.

We had the larger suite. It was clean looking. I went to open the blinds and go out on our balcony (we were in the building right across from the check in building) and several of the blinds came off the hangers. Apparently, they were broken and people kept putting them back up there gently for the next person to open and have them come crashing down.

The toilet was leaking water around the base. The shower door was on upside down. And the water dial on the shower was put on wrong - it took us about 10 minutes to figure out how to get the water at a non-freezing or non-burning temp.

We went to visit friends that stayed at the Hyatt instead and their room was awesome! It was like a normal Hyatt room but with a kitchen and a living room. We both looked at each other with the "we should have stayed here" look when we first saw the room. And they paid the same price we paid!

Both the Hyatt and VV seemed to be a big draw for older folks. We felt very young at both places and we are in our mid-30s!

We didn't see the pool at VV. But the one at the Hyatt was awesome with a big waterfall, towel service and padded chairs.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
8  Thank 407Gator
Reviewed 24 January 2007

We exchanged our timeshare with RCI to stay here and we enjoyed ourselves immensly. Great staff very helpul and accommodating. Spotlessly clean 1 bedroom apartment in the Osprey Buiding.Everything you could want. nice balcony which could be approached from the bedroom or lounge The pool and area close to our unit was very nicely laid out. On christmas morning they were cooking pancakes beside the pool and we even had a visit from Santa Claus!!!! Free coffee daily @ the pool, until 11am. Free shuttle to various shopping areas and restaurants, also picked us up again if we rang the resort and they were there within 10 mins.Would definately stay again and would recommend to any age group.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank britishtraveler
Reviewed 22 January 2007

I stayed Thanksgiving week in a one bedroom unit overlooking the Everglades. I liked how fresh, clean and new everything was.
The pool was very attractive, large and well heated. The pool area was nicly landscaped with flowers and trees. I liked they had free internet service for use. The only drawback is the beach is so far away. Plus I didn't like they called everyday to take a timeshare tour. Finally after the 4th day and offering $118 dollars I said yes to the money and get them off my back.

• Stayed: November 2005
4  Thank Azulsapphire
Reviewed 26 December 2006

Booked the room on [----] and got a steal. Room was plenty big for four of us and sparkling clean. Whole experience blew us away. I would always recommend to friends and family and will go back myself.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
8  Thank ltrain42050
Reviewed 6 November 2006

My wife and I booked through RCI. After a week in Cancun, we were looking to relax and basically use the facility for a week as a home base for seeing south Florida. Weston is centrally located for that and we did enjoy day trips to Naples, the everglades, the Keys and Fort Lauderdale. On the third day, we attended a sales presentation and took a tour of the facilities. The initial Sales rep was nice and we had a pleasant experience with him. Even the second rep who presented several sets of numbers to us was businesslike, but pleasant.

After finishing that, however, we were directed to a third individual who apparently was conducting an additional exit interview. He was must have been having a bad day and was short tempered, extremely confrontive, rude, belligerent, and eventually jumped up from the table and loudly told us to get out. My wife and I were extremely embarrassed and upset by this outburst and immediately asked for and submitted a written grievance (something we had never done before) about the inappropriate behavior if "Z" (how he identified himself when we asked his name} and how he had treated my wife and I. We returned to our building and asked at the reception desk how the complaint would be handled. The receptionist said the complaint would be faxed to the building manager for resolution. We never did hear a word from anyone during the balance of our stay nor since we returned home over a week ago. This ruined our stay in Weston and I am still angry about the uncalled for treatement we received as well as the failure of anyone to even acknowledge the complaint or bother to contact us about it.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
18  Thank Dave4603
Reviewed 11 October 2006

it is a beautiful place and even though i live in miami which is not that far from wesotn only about an hour, i still felt like i was far away on a a vacation. just three days there and i felt brand new. i love that there is a kicthen in the rooms, and a hot tub. it was an overall great experience. i loved it and would definetely go there again. the concierge was also very knowledgable and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
7  Thank naty21fl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Comfort Suites Weston  - Sawgrass Mills South
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston
2 mi away
Towneplace Suites Fort Lauderdale Weston

Been to Vacation Village at Weston? Share your experiences!