Vacation Village at Weston
  • Pool
US$130
US$116
ComfortSuites
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston(Weston)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$140
US$147
  • Pool
Towneplace Suites Fort Lauderdale Weston(Weston)(Great Value!)
US$108
Hotels.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise(Sunrise)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$88
US$121
US$140
Hampton.com
1,218 results
All reviewsvacation villagefull kitchenibis buildingcrane buildingfort lauderdaleliving roomlarge hot tubtennis courtstime share presentationsmoothie barkey westgift shoppartial kitchenfamily vacationsmall balconyminute drivebeautiful pool
Reviewed 28 April 2007

My husband and I stayed at Vacation Village at Bonaventure from April 21, 2007-April 27, 2007. After the second night, I had a bunch of bugbites; I thought they could be from the mosquitos in Florida. After the third night and I woke up with twice as much bites as I had gone to sleep with, we pulled back the sheets on the bed and found bedbugs. I immediately notified the management; they immediately moved us (good); however, I had to seek medical care and I STILL have not heard back from the manager, Juan Blanco though we have called him 4 times. Nurse at local urgent care told me that people have come into the urgent care "frequently" because of bites received there.

The resort is 25 minutes from Ft. Lauderdale and 60 minutes from Miami--too far for our liking. RCI had indicated that the resort was 15 minutes from the beach; not true.

• Stayed: April 2007
4  Thank SacramentoMichelle
Reviewed 26 April 2007

We were at the Village during April school vacation. What a trip. There were 12 of us all together using 2 full units. They had us across the hall from each other. We had such a great time. It was clean and they were very pleasent, the staff greeted us pleasently whenever we encountered them. They answered what ever questions we had. Would we return....of course. Next year hopefully.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank swe1955
Reviewed 28 March 2007

Its 5 years since we last stayed at Weston, but what a change we have noticed - and all for the better! This was our third visit here but it certainly won't be our last, we will be back. The suites, both A and B, were clean and roomy. The staff were very helpful and catered to our every need. The thing we noticed more than anything on our return was how much the city of Weston has improved. There were only a handful of nice restaurants, whereas now they're lots more (especially liked Uncle Als Cafe Bar)

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank AlanFirth
Reviewed 18 March 2007

I booked a week through RCI because I needed a rest from the cold and the snow up in Canada.
At first, I was dissapointed with the location of my building, called Osprey, which is right next to the highway. I got ear plugs the first night at a nearby drug store and everything went fine.
The pool becomes overcrowded very fast so make sure you reserve your chair early in the morning. If you get at the pool at 1pm, after lunch, you may well end up standing or worse, sitting alongside the child pool, behind a fence.
My stay was planned during spring break, so the abundance of kids in the pool made the experience a bit noisy. But as one may say, the sun is shining for everybody and all in all, the swimming experience was fine.
The condo in itself was clean; insist to be located in the A section, where you will take be taking advantage of a Jacuzzi right next to your bed. Neat after a long day in the sun.
As far as hygiene is concerned, I would rate it an A...clean, tidy with a lot of nice dishes.
What has sadly undermined my experience was Vacation Village's unfamous sales experience. Please, DON'T FALL IN THE TRAP and don't be so naive as to be attracted by their phoney gift offers.
When you check in at the reception, you will be directed to another counter where someone will be offering you a 75 dollars VISA gift card, if, of course, you attend a "short" meeting about the site. This is exactly the way she described it.
First, it wasn't short, and second, it is not about the site per se but about selling to you. Sell, Sell, Sell and pressure, pressure, pressure.
If you once had a terrible experience with Jehovah's witnesses, this Weston affair may well compare to it. If you open your door to a member of that religious group and dare argue with one of them, you are SIMPLY DONE, over with, finished, cooked, whatever you call it. Same thing with the sales meeting.
A guy takes you for lunch, chatty and pleasant. But when you think it is over, it actually has not started yet!
They present you with figures and impose upon you visits of condos after visits of condos. You keep telling them you already are an owner but they don't care and keep coming back at you.
Finally, at the end, I was fighting against 3 of them at the same time - a real war, a combat, a bout, a fight, whatever you want to call it - and I got really agressive and stern. I finally was directed to the gitft counter, not before enduring another push - final and sadly desperate - from a so-called Vacation Village sales representative.
End of story: got my gift card, took me an hour to spent it. But please learn from my experience. If you do really want to get some rest and take advantage of the week off, AVOID THAT MEETING AT ALL COST.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled solo
6  Thank lebeaublond
Reviewed 16 March 2007

Enjoyed our stay at Vacation Village Weston. Had both A & B units on ground floor facing the pool in the Ibis Bld. Had some highway noise from nearby 595 but it wasn't too bad, and with 4 teens and 2 adults we had plenty of room.
RCI owners beware...DONT FALL FOR THE FREE BREAKFAST!!! Unless you plan on buying or upgrading your timeshare you will waste half a day because they wont take no for an answer.
Didn't like the idea of paying $40 for housekeeping that only shows up once a week, you can pay an extra $25 a day for them to show up everyday which we thought was a bigger ripoff. So we found a way around that to get fresh towels and washcloths...just call housekeeping when you need them and they brought them right out. You just need your old ones to trade for the fresh. We were not doing laundry on Vaca!!!!
The kitchen area was good, we did eat in alot and it worked very nice.
Pool and hot tub were large and clean, large pool was heated , the kiddy pool with the water mushroom is not. Hot tub had plenty of room and is were we spent every night before bed.
Found the location of the Hotel to be ok, not a problem getting to beaches or attractions. The Hotel also has a free shuttle to the nearby area which the kids used a few times with no problem.
We also recomend eating at La Torretta's , had a great Italian meal the first night we stayed.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family