“Really nice overall” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mizner Place at Weston Town Center
Regina, Canada
“Really nice overall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We just returned from 2 weeks at Mizner Place. Check in was quick and easy. Our 1 bedroom suite was located on the ground floor near the pool. I was worried about noise, but it seems older people go here and so it was super quiet, which I liked. Slept like a baby as the bed was very comfortable. The place is super clean, the room, the halls, the gym, the pool, etc. A very nice hotel with a great business center and a good gym. The staff was very friendly. We had no problem with the internet, had it all the time during the 2 weeks... and $25/week resort fee was nothing to pay... cheap.. have paid a lot more in other hotels for sure! All the rooms have flat screen TV's now. The location is good, upscale neighborhood, great restaurants, grocery store and Walgreens right there! Be sure to eat at Japan Inn across the street, it was excellent food cooked right in front of you on a hibachi grill. Only downside to this hotel that I can think of is that it is a 45 minute drive to the beach.. but well worth it... Pompano beach was awesome!

Room Tip: We had more than enough room for 2 of us in the A Suite.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank J B
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Mizner Place at Weston Town Center, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for your recommendation of Mizner Place at Weston Town Center! We’re fortunate to have such a perfect location to showcase our resort and a great staff to deliver service day in and day out. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and we can’t wait to welcome you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

with that said , I have to say it was clean, and the staff were very nice and that is where it ends sadly, although we got wfi it never stay connected for more than ano hr, had togo down to the desk to get someone to put in the codes. well it worked and by the time we tried getting on line it went down, So on our last day there ( we stayed a week) a nice gentleman behind the desk got us connected and we stayed connected till the next day . a lot of good that did us. NOW!! one day my friend and I were in the front desk office and this young lady asked if we wanted a free Breakfast, lunch or dinner.. all we had to do do was listen to a rep and see a time SHARE! apartment and give our thoughts on it.. then receive a gift certificate for a free massage.. ( also the the lady that was assigned to us was very rude and she was training a lady, when in conversation at breakfast we asked the trainee so where are u from? and the trainer said to us she is not allowed to speak so don't talk to her!! we were stunned ) Sounds good right NOPE it was the sold bate and bate again.. it ended up with my friend very upset and she was a time share holder too..I said ok.. I will go back to the site and want our gift certificate for our time u wasted.. and take me back to my hotel.. well that never happened.. she talked and talked and sit and i have deal from 32k down to 12k . I was so angry I said what part of NO don;t u get The N or The o... well more peole kept coming out to talk to me.. I was solo upset.. then I said i want out here and they said ok go.. I got my free massage certificate.. but was dropped like a to potato!! no way to get back strained!! their so called shuttle bus rides are a joke too.. u have to go around to all the stops.. My friend and i started this at (9 AM.. I didm;t get back to the room till almost 3.. This is RCI group so beware of free anything there.. DONOT fall for this u will be sorry.. we met many people who got sucked in one lady was there for 8 hrs and had no way to get back to her room.. just not right...not if u have no interest in buying a time share..This was 3 weeks ago Jan 5th to the 12 .. we will never go back to this place not worth it...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank mikki d
Thank you for sharing the highlights of your trip with us. We’re certainly disappointed to hear about the issues you encountered at our property during your stay. It is our priority to provide all of our guests with exceptional service and comfortable accommodations and we apologize that we fell short of these expectations during your vacation. We would very much like to welcome you back in the future so that we may have an opportunity to exceed all of your expectations. Thank you again for your feedback as it does not go unnoticed.
Madison Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

My family and I stayed at the Mizner place from Dec 27th 2013 to Jan 3rd 2014, and booked it through RCI. This was our second time visiting Weston, and first time staying at the Mizner place. We had both an A and B unit in the Addison part of the building.

The Pros:
The rooms were clean and comfortable. The A side has a nice size master bedroom and bath, and full kitchen that was nicely equipped. The B side has a much smaller kitchen but good sized bedroom, bathroom and living room. Both sides had a balcony.

The pool was great. It was clean, and we never had trouble finding a place to sit - though if you love to sunbathe it might be a challenge because the building casts long shadows over the pool for much of the day. They had massages and manicures available poolside - I didn't partake, but it looked nice!

The location was good. We love the beach, and while not on the beach, Weston is a good value because there are several beaches a short drive away. There is a big shopping center right outside the building, including an incredibly convenient Publix grocery store, and several restaurants and boutique shops. When the weather wasn't quite beach worthy, we visited some of the numerous parks and playgrounds in the area. We even did an Everglades airboat tour, also a short drive from the resort.

The staff and other patrons were friendly. I walked out of my room to take out some garbage and asked one of the maintenance guys where the dumpster was, and he just took my bag for me (I had to find the trash chute on my own later :-))

The cons - all of which I consider fairly minor:
Since we were renting both sides, and our kids were sleeping on the B side, it would have been nice to have an easy way to maintain open access between the units. We ended keeping the doors propped open with chairs, which was a minor annoyance.

Cell service inside the unit was spotty, I had to step out on the balcony to make calls...but I was on vacation so this didn't bother me. An extra charge for Wi-Fi was disappointing as many places now offer complimentary wi-fi access. I did not have an issue connecting to the wi-fi in the room with a laptop, though my wife had some issues getting her Nook connected because it wouldn't prompt for an access code.

I called the desk the first day to report that two of the burners on our electric range weren't working. No one ever showed up to fix it. I never followed up because it wasn't impeding our ability to prepare meals, I just worked around it.

The fire alarm went off at around 5am on New Years Day (an extra bummer because we had been up late). This was a false alarm, presumably caused by an electrical fault. The power had cut out momentarily a couple of times earlier in the week, so there was already a known issue that apparently wasn't addressed in time.

Overall, the Mizner place was a good value in a nice location and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Mike B
Thank you for taking the time to share your favorable review and recognizing the value we offer our guests. We’re pleased that you enjoyed your time at Mizner Place at Weston Town Center and that you appreciated our close proximity to well-known South Florida attractions like our beaches and the Everglades. We’re sorry that we didn’t meet all of your expectations but we hope that you return soon so that we may share our hospitality with you again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Just finished a week's stay at Mizner Place. Had some difficulties that were not resolved. The first issue was the toilet. It constantly ran, and when I called the front desk they sent someone to our unit who then proceeded to flush the toilet twice. He then declared it fixed and left. It didn't do anything (which I already told the person). Called the front desk, they then said they might be able to get a maintenance person there the next day. Next day maintenance person came down and replace the float. Toilet still continued to run. I called the front desk again and went and discussed with a maintenance person again. I was told that what I was hearing was the water to the ice maker! After 4 days of complaining and nothing being done i gave up. Also there was no hot water in the shower, the tub was an older model so had no type of surface on it. Both my wife and slipped inside and hit the walls a number of time. Had to hold on to sides will showering.
The TV's (while flat screen) did not have any HD set up so watching TV shows was terrible, clarity and sound were very poor. They also offer internet but it was non existent most of the time. Devices could never find a server and when it did service was slower than dial up. It kept asking if you wanted to pay for premium service all the time.
Unit was also rather old and used. Unit was also right next to the dumpsters so 3 times during the week at 5:00 am the dump trucks showed up and spent about a half hour emptying the dumpsters.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sandy R
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Mizner Place at Weston Town Center, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for your constructive feedback. We apologize for the issues you experienced while vacationing with us. We treat this as an opportunity to train our staff to ensure proper service for guests in the future. While mechanical issues do occasionally happen we work very hard to minimize these issues with the least disruption for our guests. Again we apologize that we did not meet your expectations and we hope that your experience with us does not deter you from visiting the beautiful city of Weston again.
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We are owners at this resort and took our first trip here the first week of December.We were not sure what to expect due to the mixed reviews. I will say we had a nice week and the weather was very warm. We were in a B unit and found it had enough room for the 2 of us,it also had a good amount of kitchen supplies. We did not have a full stove but the appliances we had were sufficient for us as we ate out most of the time. The resort was kept very clean and we found it was located in an area where we were able to travel to all the places we wanted to see. We did not have much dealing with the staff but the ones we did deal with were very friendly. The pool and hot tub area were kept clean and we always had a place to sit. We did not use the fitness area,but we did walk by it,it was not huge but looked like it had enough equipment to get by with. We did have a car to travel away from area but you would be OK without one if you were staying on the Resort as there are several shopping areas within walking distance. I guess there is a shuttle too but we did not use this. We did enjoy our week and will stay here again.

I only have a few negatives:
First as owners we were not given a room like the one we were shown when we purchased,also we would have liked a better view than one of the back street.
Our main problem was not directly with the Resort but with the timeshare rep we had to get our parking permit from. We had arrived late and were hungry and tired and while she was giving her whole presentation we kept telling her we were already owners but she was not listening and just kept talking over us, We finally just took all the stuff with full intention of calling to cancel in the morning, as we did not need the "free" breakfast as we already bought. This being our first time here it was just a bit frustrating and not a great way to treat first time visitors. I know this is there job but maybe the reps should be a bit more patient and listen to the guests more before they continue talking so they are aware of the situation.

This being said again we were overall happy with our stay and will look forward to coming again in the following years.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vacationgirlMass
Thank you for taking the time to share your review because we love hearing from our owners. We’re happy that overall you enjoyed your time with us and are planning to return, but we’re dismayed to read about the issues you experienced. We ask in the future that you notify management while at the resort so we’ll have a chance to assist you with any issues so that we can make your stay more enjoyable. We can’t guarantee special requests such as room views and unit location but we will do everything possible to fulfill these requests if available. We’re sorry that we couldn’t exceed all of your expectations this trip but we look forward to your return so that we can provide you with a great Florida vacation.
Tricities, Wa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We are guests at Mizner Place in a B unit right now.
Pros:
Location-very convenient to Publix grocery store, restaurants, and other businesses. Pleasant area to walk, eat and shop. We turned in our rental car as not necessarily needed knowing there is a shuttle.

B unit nice size for a couple...might be inconvenient for more than two people. Clean.

We found the bed to be very comfortable. (after taking off the heavy bedspread)

Pleasant staff.

Nice pool and well heated.

Cons-

$25 resort fee- Reasonable if we can get what we pay for BUT...WIFI signal and cell phone signals very poor. Hit and miss with my I phone 5 ...mostly miss. The pool area has good wifi, however. We understand the challenges but would have liked to have been aware of this huge problem before booking. We paid $25 fee for unacceptable wifi and a shuttle that does not meet our needs. We had hoped the shuttle would take us anywhere within their three mile radius and found they run a designated route at designated times.

Kitchen sink hot water is only warm... not warm enough for washing dishes ...no dishwasher.

Workout room only average. Everything works. No free weights.

All in all, despite the frustrations we do not allow them to spoil our time here. It's a nice enough resort.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Hisdaughter
Rhode Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

All of you other Reviewers before me who rates this bad. How about if you were in my position. I am an owner of this resort. Since 2009 when I purchase. I was impressed with the first room they gave me the addison building over looking the pool view. Since then they have put me in the Viscayna building the last two times view of the street I can view Walmart. My last room I got, I had an old TV an RCA TV in the Bedroom and I am deaf and it didn't even have closed captions. The living room TV was just a tad newer I could get closed caption but had to cap the TV to get the volume to go louder. Since I am an owner you think they treat their owner with better and more updated room. Since we pay an equivalent of $135.00 a night factoring Maintenance fee RCI exchange fee and now even a Resort fee FROM OWNERS! WE already pay resort fee with the maintenance fee. So quit your complaining. If you did not buy a timeshare you made out ok.

Room Tip: I had room 2212A Probably owners room. Do not get this unless you get it real cheap then it worth...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank egg1701
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent vacation with us. We’re sorry that we didn’t meet all of your expectations because we strive to provide a great experience for all of our guests. Our owners are always a priority and we’re happy to fulfill any of their requests if we can. We don’t like to assume preferred views or floors because it has been our experience that some owners prefer to stay in certain sections of the resort. We try to be frugal with our owner’s association budget and only replace items such as televisions when in need of repair. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us and we truly appreciate your loyalty to our resort. We hope to welcome you back soon so that we may have another chance to exceed all of your expectations.