“Home Town Hospitality”

Ranked #1 of 128 Restaurants in Weston
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Weston Road/North Commerce Pkwy
Description: Lucille's American Cafe is a 1940s- style upscale diner that captures the "luncheonette" feel of that era's most popular eateries, but seasons it with a dash of 21st-Century finesse. It is conceived as a comfortable neighborhood respite from the home kitchen. Homemade food, served in a stylish but casual atmosphere, with large portions and value pricing make it particularly attractive to families with children as well as couples and singles. Take-out and delivery service, as well as catering, are available and just a phone call away.Old-fashioned oscillating fans are hung on the walls over the dining room. Liberal use of dark wood, ceramic tile, chrome, leatherette, fabric, mirrors, bullet- shaped hanging light fixtures and wall sconces contribute to the feeling of authenticity. The predominant colors are seafoam green, black, taupe and ivory, selected for a 1940s palette. They complement the interior design and are lively, but easy on the eyes.Seating is provided in booths or free standing tables. The chairs are framed in chrome, like those found in a typical family kitchen in the 1940s, and finished in black leatherette. The booths are upholstered in a combination of seafoam green and black. Also offered are patio tables that overlook a vast lake, the perfect atmosphere on a brisk day.Owners Paul & Beth Nunez believe that high quality food and friendly service will keep guests coming to Lucille's. The philosophy is simple: Do everything possible to exceed guests' expectations in food, service and atmosphere. Lucille's wants guests to feel good enough about their dining experience that they would tell others of their experience.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Home Town Hospitality”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I've lived in Weston for almost 2 years and had never heard of this place. Glad I stumbled by it looking for a meal after work.

It is retro, but they keep the menu fresh and a wide variety, quite impressive actually. It is not just good its gourmet food items to select from, besides those traditional meals your grandma used to make.

I had the daily blue plate special on Sunday, which was the slow cooked pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy. I was impressed, the meat was falling apart and the potatoes you could tell were made up fresh with still just a few chunks of potato to make it chewy. Gravy had large pieces of carrots and celery in it, all with a nice mimosa. Prices were reasonable.

Waitress was quick, efficient and very friendly. The manager stopped by and we chatted a bit he was very friendly and happy to hear what I had to say. Then on a whim I brought the entire family for mother’s day it was packed to say the least. The food selections and choices were outstanding. The hand carved steamship round melted in your mouth and the tenderloin of beef with gorgonzola was quite good. My husband fell in love with the kale salad with feta cheese, strawberries and blueberries and overall the brunch was just perfect. We want to thank you for a job well done and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Brunch is AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Beyond the cute decor and super friendly staff, the food is AMAZING...

If you haven't tried this little gem you don't know what your missing.

GO NOW!!!

Weston, Florida
“SIMPLY AMAZING!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just Wanted To Thank You For A Wonderful Mother’s Day. My Family Was Really Pleased At The Quality Of The Food And The Great Selections. Our Waiter Was Amazing And The Staff Was Very Helpful. This Is Our Sixth Year And Lucille’s Never Disappoints Us. Keep Up The Good Work And We Look Forward To Coming Back Again And Again. By The Way Any Chance We Could Get The Shrimp Recipe?

North Port, Florida
“Checking out local diners”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband & I love to check out local eateries, old diners or anything retro when we travel. I had found reviews on TripAdvisor and Lucille's looked like it fit the ticket (plus we were hungry).

Lots of old wood, 50s type kitchen tables and booths with old pictures on the walls. No Ceiling fans but the vintage Electra type fans mounted to the walls, But it is the food that keeps the locals coming back!

My husband had the chicken Philly and he said it was the best one he's ever had (and that is saying a lot). The home made fries are good, too.

I had a chicken wrap that was supposed to come with ranch and I requested a Cesar dressing instead, which the server said was fine. I got the wrap; but no dressing. It was still juicy and good - plus, I probably didn't need the added calories anyway! I chose the Cole Slaw as my side and it was juicy, crisp and very good!

The serving portion was big; so, we didn't have room for dessert. We came back later for a hot fudge sundae. We were told they make their hot fudge themselves; but it is just a chocolate sauce that is heated. NOT true hot fudge. I stressed this before ordering and was assured by both the wait staff and cook, it was hot fudge. Maybe in Weston...

The place was packed both times we went; but the servers were nice. We would return. But not for a hot fudge sundae, lol.

Brunch noted is only on Sundays. Menu online: http://www.lucillescafe.com/ordereze/Menu/57/Menus.aspx

1 Thank audrahos
Weston, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mother's Day was awesome!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my Mother's Day at Lucille's! The staff was courteous and polite. My meal was excellent. I enjoyed the beautiful day out by the water. Lucille's has never disappointed me and made this day extra special for me. I would highly recommend dining at this local Weston Restaurant any day of the week.

1 Thank AutyK