“Enjoyed it”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Weston Road/North Commerce Pkwy
Description: Lucille's American Cafe is a 1940s- style upscale diner that captures the "luncheonette" feel of that era's most popular eateries, but seasons it with a dash of 21st-Century finesse. It is conceived as a comfortable neighborhood respite from the home kitchen. Homemade food, served in a stylish but casual atmosphere, with large portions and value pricing make it particularly attractive to families with children as well as couples and singles. Take-out and delivery service, as well as catering, are available and just a phone call away.Old-fashioned oscillating fans are hung on the walls over the dining room. Liberal use of dark wood, ceramic tile, chrome, leatherette, fabric, mirrors, bullet- shaped hanging light fixtures and wall sconces contribute to the feeling of authenticity. The predominant colors are seafoam green, black, taupe and ivory, selected for a 1940s palette. They complement the interior design and are lively, but easy on the eyes.Seating is provided in booths or free standing tables. The chairs are framed in chrome, like those found in a typical family kitchen in the 1940s, and finished in black leatherette. The booths are upholstered in a combination of seafoam green and black. Also offered are patio tables that overlook a vast lake, the perfect atmosphere on a brisk day.Owners Paul & Beth Nunez believe that high quality food and friendly service will keep guests coming to Lucille's. The philosophy is simple: Do everything possible to exceed guests' expectations in food, service and atmosphere. Lucille's wants guests to feel good enough about their dining experience that they would tell others of their experience.
Wilton Manors, Florida
“Enjoyed it”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Met a friend staying in Weston at Lucille's. My first visit, but I love a good diner.

As other Yelpers have said, if you check in they offer free chips and homemade ketchup. The chips are good and the ketchup is sweet. I like mustard on chips better, but a small amount of the ketchup tasted good.

My meal was the California Melt sandwich with fries. It was large and good. Fries were warm and good. Friend had the buffalo chicken sandwich which he enjoyed.

We split the warm brownie sundae and we liked it as well.

Service was very friendly and attentive.

As Lucille's is at least a half hour from my house, I doubt I will become a regular, but if you live or around Weston, you should give it a try.

• Visited July 2014

Greer, South Carolina
“A new favorite!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We visited Lucille's for the first time tonight for dinner based on a friend's recommendation. Well, it was my kind of place! A very nice setting with a tasteful 50's vibe. The tables, decor etc. there is also out door seating overlooking a small lake...very nice. The food was very good. I had the meatloaf and it was certainly delicious! It was traditional style with mashed potatoes and nice thick brown mushroom gravy. Served with a side of a veggie mix. My wife enjoyed the buffalo chicken salad. A nice big bowl of mixed greens, tomatoes, scallions with a ranch dressing and chunks of bleu cheese mixed in. The Buffalo chicken were small chunks of different sizes. I sampled it and thought that it very good. Well the bread pudding for dessert is absolutely outstanding! Served hot surround by bourbon sauce and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! That and a cup of excellent hot coffee finished a most pleasant meal! Our server, Brooke, was as good as they get. She was the best! She was fast, attentive informative and helpful! And very friendly too! Our first impression was a good one, so we'll be going back again. No doubt about it! Give it a try like we did I would think that mostly everyone would like Lucille's!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank James B
“Best Jambalaya Ever”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Its Louisiana week at Lucilles. Just had the jambalaya...best ever.
Service is always amazing here. The owner Paul is always around and goes above and beyond.
Highly recommend this restaurant. Local's favorite.

• Visited June 2014
“great american food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lucille's it's an american classic, commodity food, a very good recommendation is the mac&cheese, try the burgers also

• Visited April 2014
Weston, Florida
“Coming Through on Mother's Day”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Lucille's has been my go-to restaurant, now, for at least five years (and probably more - my does time fly!), the one I bring all my friends and family to at every opportunity. And one of my favorite outings to Lucille's has been their Mothers' Day brunch. This year, I brought a party of ten with me, including some new visitors to the restaurant. A little bit early for my reservation, I was immediately greeted by owner Paul Nunez, and rapidly shown to the table arranged for me, only a little later joined by the rest of my party.

Different people go to the brunch with different things in mine, and I had intended this Mothers' Day to concentrate on the lunch offerings. Eggs are eggs are eggs, even in omelet form (although I was given excellent report of the station by my parents, brother, and friends), and I was saving my sweet-tooth for one of Lucille's homemade pies.

I wasn't disappointed in the least.

First stop was the fresh gravlax station. Gravlax is a Nordic salmon dish, cured for a day in brine with dill, extremely flavorful. Michael McArtor, Lucille's executive chef and general manager, was running this station, slicing portions to order and pointing out the various 'condiments' traditional with the dish - so I added capers and a little red onion. The gravlax was marvelously flavorful and tender, and I was hard-pressed not to go back to MIchael for all the rest of it. Room was needed for other things, after all ...

I wasn't looking to eat particularly healthy, so I didn't avail myself of the excellent salad, fresh vegetables and fruit; and I avoided the bagels and croissant that were available, along with three amazing choices of fresh, prepared cream cheeses.

That was because my next stop was the Steamship Round roast beef. This was well-tended by a young man who was slicing to order, be it to temperature or in a narrow shave. Previously, the roast beef had been be great. This year, it was flat excellent - seasoned and roasted with the most amazing spice rub. Notes of cumin and garlic were wonderfully combined, and the roast was so tender it cut with your fork. I would go back for more.

Next up was in my opinion the best dish of the bunch, a braised beef tenderloin crusted with blue cheese. One other thing I should say about Chef McArtor - not many people may know, but he is a classically trained French saucier, and he is beyond superb at it. The combination of bordelaise sauce and the blue cheese is emblematic of his touch at combining tastes, and brought an exquisite flavor with it to compliment a beef tenderloin so well cooked it literally melted in your mouth. This was definitely the winning dish among those at my table.

I hate to downplay the shrimp and chicken dishes - these were excellent in their own rights, fresh and perfectly cooked; the chicken, much like the beef tenderloin, was melt-in-your-mouth as well, and complimented wonderfully by colorful bell pepper and cheeses. The shrimp was well-matched with a shaved garlic-based sauce loaded with onion, sun-dried tomato and artichoke, again exemplary of Michael's expertise at crafting sauces and combining flavors. Just as with the tenderloin, these were hardly dishes for light eaters and didn't pretend to be.

Of course, there was plenty more one could pay attention to ... from the usual choices of breakfast meats (bacon - which was turning over at a frenetic pace - and sausage) to french toast to breakfast home fries, and even Lucille's famous artisan macaroni and cheese. And no list would be complete without mentioning first the waffle and pancake station; and the table of amazing and fresh home-made desserts (remember the blueberry pie!).

Really, the Mothers' Day buffet is the Lucille's every-day experience in a nutshell - the American Cafe truly is a place where anyone can find a really high-quality offering to suit any taste or need, at a reasonable price. And no recap would be complete without mentioning the staff, who to a person busted their collective selves to bring great service. A huge thank you -not just from myself but from my whole party - to all of Lucilles' staff for everything they did to make the Mothers' Day brunch a special experience ... for all they do to make every visit to Lucille's just that sort of experience. Keep up the excellent work!!

• Visited May 2014