“Run Down”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Naples, Florida
“Run Down”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The lobby was damp and only one person working on the front desk, so check in took quite a while considering there were people in front of us! There are no rooms in the main building and when we drove to our assigned building it felt like we were in a run down apartment complex. The outdoor but enclosed hallway was dark and uninviting.

Room Tip: Once we finally checked in we went to our room, upon opening the door the smell of mold engulfed us...
Green Features: We were offered an environmentally-friendly room which also smelled of mold/mildew! The efforts to mask the mold are not working!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Napleso7
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, which was obviously very disappointing. We are truly sorry for not meeting your expectations in this instance, but do hope that you will return to us one day. Please feel free to contact our Executive Office directly should you need assistance with your arrangements - it would be our pleasure to do so.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Greek first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Horrific experience at this hotel. Dirty rooms (with crusty stains on the towels, disgusting carpeting, nasty beds... I could go on and on). Also note that the access to the rooms are from the outside, which lets in the humid air and bugs. I travel a lot for work, and this hotel was probably one of the worst I've seen. The pool area is a joke, don't be fooled by it.

Room Tip: The only tip I can give you is: don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank MissssA
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding the issues you described about your guest room and our pool area. You are valued and your observations are very important to us. We will certainly address housekeeping issues you pointed out, but we only wish that you had expressed your concerns to us while on property so that we could have taken steps to make your stay more comfortable.

We are also somewhat surprised to hear about your displeasure with our main pool, as we normally receive favorable comments from our guests on our 100-seat waterfall pool, with a full-service Cabana Bar. Please feel free to reach out to our Hotel Manager personally at mlauria@bonaventureFL.com, if you would like to address your concerns in further detail so that we may improve our performance. We do hope that this negative experience will not prevent you from further visits to our hotel.
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Let me first state the staff at this hotel was apologetic. In town with my husband and two young boys to see ailing father in law. Arrived after 10 pm and immediately placed our sleeping children in the bed. Later in the evening my husband and I went to bed and I got under the covers and untucked the sheets and comforter from under the end of the mattress. Soon after, my husband got up to use the bathroom (thank God) and when he turned the light on it shined just enough for me to see something crawling on the white pillow!! Panicking to find something to capture it with my husband and I spent the next 30 minutes examining and searching the internet for pictures of BED BUGS for comparison. Praying that it was not a BED BUG, we examined our kids bodies, hoping they would not wake up as it would have terrified them. After confirming our suspicion we called the front desk and they sent the security guard over. He also confirmed it was a BED BUG and was very apologetic and gave us further instructions on what we had to do next to prevent further contamination. My husband then went on the hunt with a maintenance worker to find an acceptable room. The first was dirty with crumbs in the pull out sofa and the second had stained sheets but no signs of BED BUGS? We went ahead and took the room and our chances. This process took another hour and by the time we shook all of our clothes and brought all of our belongings and carried our children to the 3rd floor it was after 3 am. We took several pictures of the BED BUG and the security guard took it for the purpose of showing their exterminator. My husband and I continued to itch and scratch ourselves (psychosomatic?) until we fell asleep around 5 am. I am telling you only SOME of the details so you can picture the horrific experience we endured and not take your chances at this hotel. After sleeping a few hours we checked out as planned. They are comping the night stay for our inconvenience. However, a manager never addressed us regarding the situation which I believe would have been appropriate on his or her part. We are 24 hours post experience, still experiencing what I hope are psychosomatic symptoms? No signs of bites on our children....yet! Hopefully, after we wash all belongings in hot water we will not infest our home with these disgusting parasites. In conclusion, I will never stay there again or book a hotel without researching the Internet for reviews from consumers with personal experience. I now know there is an actual web site called BED BUG. net and it lists all the hotels that have incidents of the parasites!! My biggest question is...Why does this hotel continue to ignore, try to cover up, and cut costs on such a huge issue that could damage their reputation and place them in a legal situation?????? It doesn't take a genius to know that the Hotel needs to close its doors and fumigate the hell out of every square inch of the property to properly insure the BED BUGS are gone for good!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
12 Thank MelQ1
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I walked into this hotel it was beautiful. It took a while for someone to assist us. I arrived at this hotel at 2 am on 8/30/2013. I came, left, and then came back. I only needed the room for about 4 hours to sleep. I had just arrived in Florida at 1 am and the Village vacation rentals gave me a really hard time so we had nowhere to sleep (my grandmother and I). I went here and the man was polite; he tried to help me as much as possible. His name is Michael. He was very pleasant. Our room was all the way in the back. I did not know this hotel was like the apartment complex. It is sectioned off. But let me tell you it was like a small 1 bedroom apartment. It was really nice. So stay here if you do decide to go to Weston, FL. and ask for Michael when you go. Thank you Michael for helping my Grandmother and I out! The hotel was clean. I checked out at 8am so didn't really get to enjoy the hotel or the perks. But it looks worth it. Oh yea, needed to print documents for cruise and they charge to use their internet and printer. I later found out they were a AAA hotel and they refused to let me use my AAA discount. I was told they didn't do AAA. This was a bummer.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our resort. We were thrilled to hear that Michael, our Front Desk agent, was able to take extra good care of your and your grandmother upon your arrival in the early morning hours. We can understand your feelings of frustration of being in an unfamiliar city with no place to stay. Our goal is provide all of our customers with exceptional hospitality, and it is comforting to know that Michael exceeded your expectations in this instance. We will be happy to pass on your commendations to him.

As to your concern about internet/printer access. We are a member of AAA and our Business Center is free for the first 15 minutes. We do apologize for this confusion, and hope that on your visit, you will stop by our Front Desk as they will be happy to assist in this regard,

Thank you again and we hope to have an opportunity welcome you back soon!
Allentown
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Like other reviewers I have mixed feelings about this resort. Main building is good, spa is outstanding with a high end country club or health club feel. The rooms are spread out in various buildings with a timeshare feel. We upgraded to a suite which had two decent rooms and a kitchen area. Unfortunately there were no pots, pans , tableware or flatware so the kitchen facility was of no value. The location is out a ways and there was no room service and no mini bar. We arrived on a weekend and there was reasonable staffing available, but Monday it was like a ghost town but is was off season. Overall not bad for the price but could be so much better.

Room Tip: Go for the upgrade to a suite if you can
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Jim W
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent staywith us. We are pleased that overall, you enjoyed your guest room, location and our Alaya Spa. While dishes/pots and plans are normally reserved for our unit owners, upon request, we are always happy to provide these items to our guests. Hopefully, on your next visit, you will be able to take advantage of this offer, adding further enjoyment to your stay.

Thank you again.
Sunrise, Florida
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We came a big group of people to this hotel and every thing looked nice at first until we arrived to our rooms. The buildings are not nice looking, when we opened the door we couldn't breathe, there was a strong smell of mildew, my son is allergic to mildew and we could not sleep, the beds are very small for 2 people but comfortable. I decided to go to the front desk, I was sure that they will take care of us, I was wrong!! they didn't care about our complain and they refused to change our room, but they offered to send the house keeping. The service was horrible. in the morning we were hearing from so many people the same complains and they didn't receive any help nor change of rooms. I would not recommend anyone to come to this hotel. horrible experience. My first and last time in this resort.

Room Tip: don't get into the room and insist to change to better one.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sara A
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay. We are very sorry for the difficulties you exerienced with your guest room. We have asked our Housekeeping Department to investigate the mildew issue you described so that immediate steps can be taken to correct this situation. We take our guests comments seriously and would like an opportunity to speak with you personally with the hopes that you will reconsider a future stay with us. Kindly contact our Executive Office directly at 954-349-5700 so we can discuss this further.

Thank you for staying with us and we do hope you will return.
naples, fl
Reviewed 9 September 2013

How disappointing. This was supposed to be a AAA 4 diamond property. NOT AT ALL> The common areas in the main building, the pool area, the remarkable spa all qualify. But that is not where a guest spends much time. Our room was damp, smelled strongly of mildew, had poor water pressure for a drizzling shower and had a mattress that I threw away in the 80's. Internet is free; parking is not. This could be a fine resort if it only had 4* rooms. Seriously, I would rather stay in a clean Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a new bed and doesn't smell of mildew.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DaveNaples2014
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our resort. We were concerned to learn about your displeasure with the condition of our guest rooms which detracted from the enjoyment of your overall visit. Please know that we will use your comments to make the necessary improvements in our rooms. We certainly do wish to regain your confidence in us and would ask that you contact our Executive Office directly at 954-349-5700 so that we may speak with you peronally.

Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to speaking with you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Central Beach
W Fort Lauderdale
#26 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
#42 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Bonaventure Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!