“beautiful grounds”

GreenLeadersBronze level
tallahassee
“beautiful grounds”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

On the surface everything is magnificent. Rooms have microwave, cooktop stove and refrigerator; but no cookware of any kind. Restaurants at hotel are overpriced. Grounds are beautiful and very peaceful. Ducks are swimming in the canals and a swan in the Koi pond. Bed is comfy but mattresses have not been turned in years so you tend to roll into the place where other guests have laid. Some other guest complained of ants and poor housekeeping but my room was cleaned daily and I had no issues in that area. The exercise room has very nice and ample equiment. Has two pools one more of acommunity pool and one a little more private. Towels were not provided in the private pool. I do not believe it lives up to its image but is over all I had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank djkwwp
Michelle S, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for sharing information about your experience with at the Bonaventure. I apologize we failed to deliver completely on your visit.We are sincerely dedicated to making our resort the premier destination on South Florida.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Greek first
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 1 March 2014

When you pull up to the front door you will think, "wow". The hotel is really nice on the surface. The staff was a little snooty but who cares? It's a snooty neighborhood. It has a beautiful pool, the public facilities are nice, the restaurant is not grossly overpriced. The deck is really nice and a great place to enjoy the evening. It has everything you want except enough parking and kitchen supplies. It's a resort hotel with a microwave, refrigerator, full kitchen... except only two small glasses. No silverware, no plates no full size glasses or coffee cups. There is no chair to sit in except at the bar and a little table with hard little chairs in the corner. If they would have only thought of the kitchen and a chair, it would rate excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool. The pool is beautiful and the decks are really nice.
1 Thank Michael5358
Thank you for sharing information about your experience with us. I apologize we failed to deliver an extraordinary experience, which is always our goal, however it seems as though your stay was enjoyable. To address your comment about towels at the pool...we actually have 4 pools. Both the resorts main pool and at the aLaya Spa towels are always readily available however at one of the two satellite pools is where you may have encountered the towel challenge. It is only through positive feedback such as yours that we can learn of our shortfalls and improve the overall guests experience. Thank you and we look forward to having you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I recently purchased this deal on Priceline. I was surprised that it was as nice after reading the reviews. I usually rank hotels for comfort, cleanliness and convenience. I found the resort well maintained, some need for improvement but if the loungers were my only complaint that was it, they were in need of updating some were old and needed to be replaced. I stayed in building 8. The room was clean, smelled nice, nice amenities, a kitchenette, 2 double beds, both very soft, a nice balcony overlooking the beautifully maintained grounds and granite countertops in the kitchen and a very nice bathroom. I was upset over this $15, resort fee, as if the price of the room. I bid on $98, plus priceline fees were not high enough (most hotels in lauderdale were in the $150+ range that day) The location is nice, but not convenient to the beaches and bars in Lauderdale unless you dont mind driving 20 mins. (not usually an issue for me) I'd drive 15-20 minutes for a clean nice place. I would come back but I dont like the resort fee nonsense and would not want to spend that much for this location. I prefer to stay at the HGI Ft. Lauderdale airport or the Holiday Inn Express Executive Airport - location location location. I am in Lauderdale for the beach, and the bars. If I had a family, I can see this place being nice, but why would you vacation in Florida for this. Parking was an issue, not enough parking places at the buildings. Staff was nice, very friendly. If this place made some overall upgrades and had an all inclusive option, I can see it doing very well for families afraid to fly to the islands. I did not eat there, but there are lots of places to eat nearby in Weston, which is a very pretty suburb of Lauderdale at the edge of the Everglades off by 595/75. This location is West of 595/75 just about 1 mile. Very easy access to 75 E at the interchange of 595/75.

Room Tip: I had an executive room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Chulolaw
Michelle S, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
We always value feedback provided by our guests and appreciate the extra time you have taken to provide this information. While it seems the resort did not meet your expectations regarding location perhaps when you are looking for a get-way, that is not right on top of the airport and the bustle of the downtown bars our oasis will be the ideal escape.
Lake Tahoe (Nevada), Nevada
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I got into LAUDERDALE without having a hotel(forgot)
My travel assistant said over 90 hotels in my area were sold out.
She found this place 5 minutes from the turnpike,so I went for it.

I was shocked at how beautiful the grounds,pool,spa and facility looked.
This place is very nice and hidden from the rest of LAUDERDALE.

My room was a large two room with all the updates.marble entry way along with marble floors in the bathroom which are a plus for me.
The bed was very comfortable,soaps and shampoo wee spa quality

The restaurant was good not excellent but enjoyable,the two people working the bar,a guy and girl were absolutely entertaining.

I will stay here every time I am in Fort Lauderdale area

Why stay here? Totally off the beaten path, rooms are very maintained and clean. Don't get out off by the older buildings. They also have elevators.

Why not? I really can't think of why not.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Steven N
Michelle S, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
It is always wonderful when you discover something wonderful! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed you adventure.
florida
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Our unit was lovely. It had a microwave, a cooktop, and a refrigerator. It did not have any pots and pans for the cooktop. It did not have any bowls, plates or cups. It did not have any knives forks or spoons. Very disappointing. The pool area was lovely and clean, but kept running out of towels. We have stayed there in the past and it was wonderful. I understand the property has new owners and I hope they catch on to the meaning of an efficiency unit.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your recent notes regarding our room. Please note we do not advertise or offer an efficiency unit or a full kitchen. We do clearly state in all our guest room descriptions that utensils are not provided for our kitchenettes
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Nice hotel grounds, peaceful path to walk along and see the wildlife. Though the ducks were not shy! Nice pool areal, not enough loungers in the afternoon. Bed was comfy, pillow selection allowed a very particular pillow seeker to find a good one. Some black mold in the grout of the shower, though didn't keep me out. Staff was all very nice and helpful, always greeting guests warmly along the way. Elevator a little shakey and groaning, though did the job. Overall a nice location, just a little pricey for what you get. Oh and a new daily resort fee, that includes parking, pools and room wifi. I thought pools and parking was inherent in the base cost of a room, but this seems to be the way the industry is going.

1 Thank Doc2002
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at Bonaventure Resort and Spa, rest assured I will share your feedback with the team. We hope we have the pleasure to be of service in the not too distant future.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I am currently at the so call Bonaventure Resort & Spa. I checked in yesturday, recd my room key and I assuming i was suppose to have magical powers to locate my room, the lady at front desk no assistance. Room was ok, had to call front desk & request a room change due to bugs on night stand by bed. This morning tried to get car service and was shock this resort offers no car service only taxi, so therefore I missed meeting. Tried to go to sawgrass outlet mall and had tp pay taxi $18.00 due to resort only have 1 shuttle that goes to ball once a day. Tried to order out of several resturants to carry back to my room. Lets just say, when I opened my meal of $30.00 it was in a box all mixed together so shocking. I was told "we aren't allowed to give plates out". After paying that amount for a salmon dinner, "REALLY". There aren't any options for service at this place. The website makes you think you are about to come for a luxurious stay, only to get here and be in shock.

6 Thank Gail M
While we appreciate your honest feedback, we are disheartened to learn that you left the Bonaventure Resort and Spa feeling disappointed in your stay. We apologize for any inconveniences and encourage you to contact us directly to discuss your experience in further detail. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
W Fort Lauderdale
W Fort Lauderdale
#26 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Res...
#9 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Bonaventure Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!