Stayed here Late February for one week with my wife. Booked this through hotwire $125 per night. No meal plan. NOTE> BEWARE OF HIDDEN RESORT FEES which is in the fine print of hotwire and this hotel. I tried to contest it, but they would not waive the fee.
Folks....this is an out and out cash grab. What does that "resort fee" cover? ......
use of pool
free internet.....and that's about it....items that any normal hotel covers automatically in this
Further the free parking is a frustration as you should know this hotel is used for many conventions and meetings, so be prepared to park far away from your room at times.
The resort rooms are spread out over a very , very large area. almost 2 or more football fields.
The best rooms are the ones with a partial view of the lake. On the other side of the lake is a closed down golf course. There is a path to walk around the resort and golf course. Once is enough....
There is one large L shaped heated pool with salt water chlorination. There is a water fall
as well. There is also a Tiki bar by the pool where you an buy drinks or order a light lunch or snack. Average food fare in my opinion. Nothing outstanding. Neither is the breakfast buffet.
BEWARE OF BREAKFAST FRENZY......
What you also won't know that this hotel allows a local time share company to use their restaurant to bring in their high pressured sales staff and try to close guests on time shares.
YUCK. You might be lucky to get a seat at breakfast, but then you have to listen to all the closing arguments at each table. It is obvious that the management has decided to get a few extra dollars with this exchange and the resort fees. I think it will bite them in the end.
The rooms are nice and clean and spacious. I had an upgrade to a one bedroom with a redundant kitchen owned obviously by a time share owner. The pantry had a lock on it.
But you were able to use the microwave.
The spa looked nice. Did not use it. The resort fee did not even allow me to use their sauna
or showers. > more penny wise pound foolish issues.
The resort on a whole is quiet . There were a few children. They were the noisy ones.
Some people come here for rest and relaxation after a medical procedure or plastic surgery.
As I found some guests were staying here for a month or longer. They do offer long term rates
$3000 a month more or less. Not bad. Lots of seniors here.
Lots of business people come here. Lots of companies. It is a convention centre...so beware of this as well.
There is no beach. There is no night life. There is local shopping in a few plazas and strip malls
in the area...nothing special to write about. It is a mass maze of a closed in community mostly
commercial with some upscale houses as well. Its a good 30 minute drive to anything entertaining. So you do feel like you are in the boonies. The front desk was nice and friendly but unbending on any of their policies.
I think this is an older tired Hyatt hotel that still is in a "work in progress" I did enjoy the lush tall
greenery and overall ambiance. Would I stay here again. NO.
There are far too many other places to explore and this place is just too boring for one whole week. But if you must stay in this general area for whatever reason, it is a fairly good deal outside of the resort fees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to Ft. Lauderdale’s largest spa and surrounded by championship golf and world-class shopping, the AAA Four-Diamond Bonaventure Resort & Spa provides endless opportunities for relaxation, recreation, and pure enjoyment. This renowned south Florida resort features spacious estate-style guestrooms and suites, four sun-drenched pools, 24-hr fitness center, lush gardens, and multiple dining options, including the locally acclaimed Ireland’s Steakhouse. Conveniently located to Ft. Lauderdale International Airport and just minutes from Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall, the BB&T Center home to NHL, converts and special events, and Everglades Eco-adventures. Bonaventure features over 80,000 sq ft of newly renovated conference center space which showcases superior indoor, and vast outdoor, options for business and social engagements. Innovative food and beverage offerings complete the unexpected service all in an effort to provide the absolute best experience during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bonaventure Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Weston
- Hyatt Weston
- Bonaventure Spa Weston Florida
- Bonaventure Resort Weston
- Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center And Spa
- Hyatt Spa Weston
- Bonaventure Resort & Spa Weston, Florida