“good value”
Review of Motel 6 Wildwood

Motel 6 Wildwood
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Not somewhere I would normally consider staying in, however, as I had been driving most of the day needed an overnight stop. This is just on the I-75 junction and had a choice of 3 motels, this looked the best of a bad bunch. I checked the room first before paying, bed and bedding was clean as was the bath and toilet. Carpet and corners of bathroom floor were in a poor and dirty condition, however this was an extreemly cheap place and you get what you pay for. I opened the fridge and saw a cockroach which ran under the fridge. Not very nice.

Was given a voucher to use in the ihop, useful and brought the cost of the motel down even more.

I asked for a percolator and as I had all my supplies tea/coffee with me I was given one to use. The coffee in the reception area is available between 7am and 11am, this is brewed and left in a thermos, it was awful.

However, I must add that this was a safe place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Wildwood

Reviewed 5 February 2013

friends and I stayed here to be closest to coleman ~ rates were good.. sheila and staff very nice on the phone and in person. There is always someone at desk to help you. ~ daily coupons for Ihop during visit ~ and Ihop staff great as well. ~ rooms were cleaned and towels refreshed daily ~ I left money , phone, jewelry in room while out for the day - no worries.. trustworthy cleaning staff ~ only bad part was my verizon phone had no service in room and I had to sit by pool for calls.. not fault of hotel. ~ wildwood is a bit country .. luckily ihop there because NOT many resturaunts in Wildwood ~

Room Tip: rooms closer to the ihop back door are a little noisier with ihop staff activity ~
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We thought we would stay here onroute to Fort Lauderdale, front desk staff was friendly,only good thing I can say about here, we went into the room before unloading our luggage,GROSS,went back to front desk and asked for a full refund,our car was cleaner!!! Do not walk from here,run as fast you can.

They ask for a $25.00 deposit for new towels and pillows ,what a joke!! Newly renovated my butt!!!

Room Tip: Scary,stay away
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Me and a couple friends stayed here on our way home back from a trip to orlando. We were looked for something cheap, but priced high enough that we'd get some quality. This place was 50 bucks so we thought it would meet our requirements, wasn't expecting much but since it was 50 instead of 30 we thought it would be alright.

Outside appearance - awful. The place is not kept up at all.

Check - in - very slow

Service - the lady at the front was friendly and inviting.

Room - we had two beds, two chairs, table, fridge, microwave, tv, and bathroom. Very ugly room with a HUGE air conditioner butting out into it.

Cleanliness - Excuse my brevity, I was saving everything for this. This was the most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in. Nothing was dusted or vaccumed. The crumbs behind the table literally formed a layer over the carpet. There were BLOOD STAINS on the carpet, literally, 4 puddles of blood. Here's the kicker though, we found 8 cockroaches, EIGHT! In the drawers, on the toilet, IN THE MICROWAVE. One was actually baked on! The appliances are never cleaned and are more than outdated.

Maid service - obviously they don't clean. While we were getting ready to leave, the maid knocked on the door and before we even answered she looked in the crack in the window! My friend was changing and she saw! And she had her kid with her! Awkward and rude

Conclusion - Other reviewers have said they had a better experience. Maybe other rooms are better, I don't know. I, personally will NEVER stay at an America's best value inn again. On the hotel chains website it rates their own hotels from 1-4. This one got a 3 which is 'exceeds standards'! You have to be kidding me. Can you imagine what a 1 must be like. My friends didn't mind as much as I did so we stayed even though I desperately wanted to leave. We looked online and for 60 bucks we could have stayed at the sleep inn which looks so nice :(

Oh, there's also an IHOP connected to the hotel....maybe that should have been a warning sign as I've always found IHOPS to be a disgrace to restaurants, we didn't eat there, of course,

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

Staff very friendly. Room very hot and took a long long time to cool down. Key card didn't work. Staff let us in so that wasn't a big deal. They said there had been a storm which had caused problems. Ceiling had some stains on it. Curtains had a long two foot drip of something (Milkshake?) Up neat the ceiling. Wife said the bathroom wasn't too clean, nor was the fridge. Had a minor smell of BO on the pillow. Price was same as all of these Americas best value inns down through here. The room, unexpectedly, came with six bucks off breakfast at the ihop next door.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We had a clean room at a good price. No problems with noise and a friendly staff. We stay in the old part of the motel and got a discount coupon for restaurant. What more could you ask for. I did not check on the Wi Fi

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stopped for two nights. Room basic and clean. Asaked for up-grade room after reading about rooms.Told by lady in reception " all our rooms have been decorated " Motel gives you coupon towards breakfast next door at the IHOP restaurant. Great breakfast at IHOP.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sussexray
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Days Inn Wildwood I-75
Days Inn Wildwood I-75
#2 of 5 in Wildwood
Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ocala
Motel 6 Ocala Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages

Been to Motel 6 Wildwood? Share your experiences!