“Needs to be rented by the hour”
Review of Motel 6 Wildwood

Motel 6 Wildwood
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Booked a room online based on pictures they posted.... The pictures need to be updated to reflect the poor condition of the rooms. I was forced to contort my body around the fluid stains found on the sheets and blankets. I must consider myself somewhat lucky though, my traveling companion did not even have a blanket on his bed. The walls were thin enough to allow us to hear the constant fighting and arguing from the neighboring rooms. Suggestion for housecleaning: Try to get ALL of the blood off of the room's mirror prior to renting the rooms.

Bottom line: Sleep in your vehicle or get a tent but do not rent a room. To management: Insure the place, light a match and start over.

Room Tip: Drive a little farther and save your money.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Vanessa R

Reviewed 4 March 2013

The Beds dont have bedspeads on them and the sheets and linens were worn and should have been made into rags. I stayed in cheaper motels that were in much better shape.

They also use Hotel Coupons. com for advertising but dont honor the coupons it was a sunday night when I stayed there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2013

if you need to stay more then ONE night, i'd say KEEP DRIVING!! the place is beat down - which explains the cheap price. we had visited many other ABVI and were very pleased with the accommodations and staff, so we had no doubts about reserving here!! WRONG! there's NO coffee pot in the rooms - had to go to IHOP with a coupon for a discount!? oh yes,don't forget to bring your own towels, pillows and blanket if you want any above sandpaper, empty pillow cases and newspaper for covering yourself! the amenities were just awful!! we requested first floor since we have have issues going up and down stairs and we brought our dog. we made them aware of this when we reserved our room AND checked in. too bad for us!! they put US on the SECOND floor in the middle!! there were many empty rooms on the first floor and second floors. it was a senseless positioning! needless to say, it was very rough for us during our FIVE day stay! i would NEVER stay there again - not even for one night!

Room Tip: poor representation of ABVI!! stay at your own risk!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DONNA W
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Not somewhere I would normally consider staying in, however, as I had been driving most of the day needed an overnight stop. This is just on the I-75 junction and had a choice of 3 motels, this looked the best of a bad bunch. I checked the room first before paying, bed and bedding was clean as was the bath and toilet. Carpet and corners of bathroom floor were in a poor and dirty condition, however this was an extreemly cheap place and you get what you pay for. I opened the fridge and saw a cockroach which ran under the fridge. Not very nice.

Was given a voucher to use in the ihop, useful and brought the cost of the motel down even more.

I asked for a percolator and as I had all my supplies tea/coffee with me I was given one to use. The coffee in the reception area is available between 7am and 11am, this is brewed and left in a thermos, it was awful.

However, I must add that this was a safe place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2013

friends and I stayed here to be closest to coleman ~ rates were good.. sheila and staff very nice on the phone and in person. There is always someone at desk to help you. ~ daily coupons for Ihop during visit ~ and Ihop staff great as well. ~ rooms were cleaned and towels refreshed daily ~ I left money , phone, jewelry in room while out for the day - no worries.. trustworthy cleaning staff ~ only bad part was my verizon phone had no service in room and I had to sit by pool for calls.. not fault of hotel. ~ wildwood is a bit country .. luckily ihop there because NOT many resturaunts in Wildwood ~

Room Tip: rooms closer to the ihop back door are a little noisier with ihop staff activity ~
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We thought we would stay here onroute to Fort Lauderdale, front desk staff was friendly,only good thing I can say about here, we went into the room before unloading our luggage,GROSS,went back to front desk and asked for a full refund,our car was cleaner!!! Do not walk from here,run as fast you can.

They ask for a $25.00 deposit for new towels and pillows ,what a joke!! Newly renovated my butt!!!

Room Tip: Scary,stay away
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Me and a couple friends stayed here on our way home back from a trip to orlando. We were looked for something cheap, but priced high enough that we'd get some quality. This place was 50 bucks so we thought it would meet our requirements, wasn't expecting much but since it was 50 instead of 30 we thought it would be alright.

Outside appearance - awful. The place is not kept up at all.

Check - in - very slow

Service - the lady at the front was friendly and inviting.

Room - we had two beds, two chairs, table, fridge, microwave, tv, and bathroom. Very ugly room with a HUGE air conditioner butting out into it.

Cleanliness - Excuse my brevity, I was saving everything for this. This was the most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in. Nothing was dusted or vaccumed. The crumbs behind the table literally formed a layer over the carpet. There were BLOOD STAINS on the carpet, literally, 4 puddles of blood. Here's the kicker though, we found 8 cockroaches, EIGHT! In the drawers, on the toilet, IN THE MICROWAVE. One was actually baked on! The appliances are never cleaned and are more than outdated.

Maid service - obviously they don't clean. While we were getting ready to leave, the maid knocked on the door and before we even answered she looked in the crack in the window! My friend was changing and she saw! And she had her kid with her! Awkward and rude

Conclusion - Other reviewers have said they had a better experience. Maybe other rooms are better, I don't know. I, personally will NEVER stay at an America's best value inn again. On the hotel chains website it rates their own hotels from 1-4. This one got a 3 which is 'exceeds standards'! You have to be kidding me. Can you imagine what a 1 must be like. My friends didn't mind as much as I did so we stayed even though I desperately wanted to leave. We looked online and for 60 bucks we could have stayed at the sleep inn which looks so nice :(

Oh, there's also an IHOP connected to the hotel....maybe that should have been a warning sign as I've always found IHOPS to be a disgrace to restaurants, we didn't eat there, of course,

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Days Inn Wildwood I-75
Days Inn Wildwood I-75
#2 of 5 in Wildwood
Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages
Hampton Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ocala
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages
Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL

Been to Motel 6 Wildwood? Share your experiences!