“Cheap Motel that tries hard”
Review of Motel 6 Wildwood

Motel 6 Wildwood
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I don't know how much I can beat this hotel up considering their $45 a night price. The rooms, had a mini fridge, TV and microwave but were a bit noisy. They have free wi-fi although its unsecured and you will need a room on the pool side if you want access to it. They give you a $6 credit at the IHOP which is connected to the office and basically covers breakfast for one. This place left a bit to be desired, but considering the price, I think it was what you would expect. There were a lot of truckers, tradesman and blue collar workers here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank TryppAdams

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have stayed at this motel for several years when we come down for a family reunion. It's not the fantasist place but for the money ok.... BUT this year we could not even shower There was NO HOT or even WARM water... And it wasn't that the laundry was being washed which should not be and issue anyway, it was at 8:30 am one morning and 6 am the next. Will not be staying here again and non of our family either... this will lose alot of business for them. When we complained we got $10 off our bill when we left. I asked if that was each no and was told NO. WOW... When my husband complained the first morning they said they needed to fix that. They say free wi-fi but their service is no good you can't connect!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Judi L
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This Hotel is the best value for money anywhere; I found the place to be very clean.The hotel front desk was helpful and pleasant. She got us into our reserved room early. The room was clean and plenty of towels were delivered to us upon request.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

the first room we stayed in was horrible; the bathroom was beyond gross...the second room was okay..I would not recommend this hotel at all. the hotel clerk was extremely friendly and nice and you also received a 599 coupon off of your meal for the IHOP that was adjacent to the hotel. the hotel was located new year other places and near the highway and interstate

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 5 June 2013

well the room was not as bad as it could of been was clean sheets and bed was not soft which was a plus for me clean they forgot tp so had to go to office they give you a 5.99 coupon at ihop so at least one of you get a deal was people hanging around parking lot so not sure about that there is a truckstop as well so you guess.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The website pics don't seem to be the same hotel. The rooms smelled of mold and feet. I seriously was having trouble breathing. The beds had just sheets on them and the floor was so bad I put my shoes back on. I've stayed at other hotels in this chain and have never been disappointed. The pool was runned down and couldn't of been used. It was full of bird droppings. I honestly could go on because it was that bad but its best to say thank goodness for websites like this so others can be warned. We left after about 5 mniutes. Don't ever stay there.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Positve aspects: Sheets and room were relatively clean. All of our appliances and bathroom fixtures worked. Hotel was well light at night. You get a $5.99 coupon for the attached IHOP. Interstate noise was minimal.

Negative aspects: You only get one key card. Heating/Air conditioners do not have a thermostat so it eventually gets too hot or cold in the room. I ran out of hot water after five minutes in the shower. The room we stayed in while clean was very run down. In general the whole place is pretty rough around the edges. You have to ask for ice at the ihop and then you get one scoop.

In conclusion its an OK stay for 50 bucks but I wouldn't pay more.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Days Inn Wildwood I-75
Days Inn Wildwood I-75
#2 of 5 in Wildwood
Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ocala
Hampton Inn & Suites The Villages
Hampton Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview

Been to Motel 6 Wildwood? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Wildwood

Address: 273 E State Road 44, Wildwood, FL 34785-9420 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)
Region: United States > Florida > Wildwood
Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wildwood
Price Range: £45 - £54 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Wildwood 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 Wildwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Americas Best Value Hotel Wildwood