“Not Worth $45.00/Night”
Review of Motel 6 Wildwood

Motel 6 Wildwood
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stopped at this hotel on our way further south, and there was a coupon for $45.00/night. In hind sight, we should have moved on after checking out several rooms that were not acceptable: non-smoking rooms that smelled of smoke and/or animal urine, rough or broken furniture, undesirable bathrooms. However, we took a room since we were tired and didn't want to drive any further. Later in the evening, we discovered that our room's telephone had been ripped out of the wall! The front desk clerk was friendly and he had to put up with all of our complaints (poor guy). Fortunately, there was an IHOP restaurant attached to the hotel, and we were given a $6 credit for our meal there. Overnight there was a thunderstorm with a lot of rain. In the morning, when we were going for breakfast, the parking lot was flooded. But by the time that we were checking out, most of the water has been pumped out thankfully.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Wildwood

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The price was right with coupon for $45. The desk clerk was friendly and had no problem accepting the coupon and gave us a room that did get a good free wi-fi signal. The coupon for iHop was handy for the next morning - used on large coffees to go. BUT.....quite frankly the room was old - clean but old and run-down and gave me the creeps - but that's just me. I would not stay here again. On the other hand if you have a dog you are traveling with there is a nice grassy area to walk it in. Not sure how hard it is to find a motel that accepts pets.

Room Tip: Don't expect high quality room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Reserved room even after reading mixed reviews, as we were only staying one night. Front desk staff was friendly. I agree with some other reviewers, I wouldn't want to make this a destination length stay. But at $45 plus $5 for our small dog, it was a great deal for the night. Microwave & refrigerator in room. Plenty of TV channels. Pool was nice enough on a hot Sunday evening. Housekeeping staff friendly to request for extra towels. Would stay here again if needed.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Staff was friendly and room was clean but that's it. No fridge, microwave, coffee maker or clock in room. Had to go into the IHop to get ice. A nightstand between the beds but no table to work on the computer, although that did not matter since the internet did not work. Tried at 8:30, 9, 9:30, 10, 10:30. Was unable to answer my clients emails or plan out my trip for the next day. It worked at 5am but the reason I was up at 5am was because I had to leave.

I always take my own food on my trips to save money. They give you a one time coupon for 6$ off in IHop but that still leaves you with having to pay for one meal.

If all you want to do is pull in, shower, sleep, then leave, this is a great inexpensive place to stay. But if you need to work (or play) on your computer, want coffee in your room or to take your own food, then this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I don't know how much I can beat this hotel up considering their $45 a night price. The rooms, had a mini fridge, TV and microwave but were a bit noisy. They have free wi-fi although its unsecured and you will need a room on the pool side if you want access to it. They give you a $6 credit at the IHOP which is connected to the office and basically covers breakfast for one. This place left a bit to be desired, but considering the price, I think it was what you would expect. There were a lot of truckers, tradesman and blue collar workers here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank TryppAdams
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have stayed at this motel for several years when we come down for a family reunion. It's not the fantasist place but for the money ok.... BUT this year we could not even shower There was NO HOT or even WARM water... And it wasn't that the laundry was being washed which should not be and issue anyway, it was at 8:30 am one morning and 6 am the next. Will not be staying here again and non of our family either... this will lose alot of business for them. When we complained we got $10 off our bill when we left. I asked if that was each no and was told NO. WOW... When my husband complained the first morning they said they needed to fix that. They say free wi-fi but their service is no good you can't connect!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Judi L
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This Hotel is the best value for money anywhere; I found the place to be very clean.The hotel front desk was helpful and pleasant. She got us into our reserved room early. The room was clean and plenty of towels were delivered to us upon request.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages
Days Inn Wildwood I-75
Days Inn Wildwood I-75
#2 of 5 in Wildwood
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages
Motel 6 Ocala Conference Center
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ocala
Hampton Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview

Been to Motel 6 Wildwood? Share your experiences!