“Very Happy!”

Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wildwood
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Happily surprised at how clean the hotel was. Staff was friendly & helpful. We will definitely stay again. Breakfast was good, I can't recall any negatives. From what I have seen, I believe it is the best in Wildwood.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Edthe, thank you kindly for the wonderful review of our Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood-The Villages hotel! We take great pride in being ranked #1 on Trip Advisor thanks to all of our wonderful guests like you. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and the breakfast offerings such as our made-to-order Belgian waffles. We thoroughly enjoy hearing back from our guests and thank you for taking the time to let other travelers know how we are doing! Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Make an annual trip to Daytona via Key West. I found this motel very clean, with a nice breakfast, and excellent staff. We stayed an extra day as we had a day to kill. There is a great place to get a bite to eat between the motel and the street.

The location is great but like most of Florida the city engineer really needs to plan the street's turn around much better. At this motel my GPS routed me several miles south to turn around. I dropped off I-75 on SR-44 to S Main and promptly passed the motel. Later found a turn around just south of the motel, after this it was simple to exit and enter the driveway.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for the awesome review of our Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood-The Villages hotel! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean accommodations, delicious breakfast and excellent staff. There truly are no greater compliments for us! I am sorry to hear the entrance was a bit off track for you. As you mentioned, we are within close proximity to many nearby restaurants and shopping at The Villages. We have a little bit of everything right out our front door. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The linen on the bed in this hotel had a very bad odor. room 301. Days later my husband said the odor was feces on the linen. The night staff had no knowledge of the requests we made for late check out online and joke about the on line process. The morning manager would not honor our late checkout request and wanted to charge us for another day, then later said there were no rooms available. We left and found another hotel, cheaper, cleaner and a much more friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you, Delise, for your comments. I have just responded to your husband's review below. We do offer a late check-out option which is based upon availability and we DID extend that to you until 12pm. I am sorry that you are upset that we could not extend that until 4pm. As I mentioned to your husband below, you will not find a late check out at 4pm with a half day charge option on ANY site as we do not offer it. You booked through Easytobook.com and their site states "...and a late check-out option are offered..." They do not offer a 4pm/half day charge option. You may also visit our property at Choicehotels.com and www.wildwoodvillageshotel.com. Those sites do not offer a 4pm/Half Day Charge check out either. As for the other concerns with the linens you have written about, that was not addressed to our staff. We would have promptly sent someone up to change your linens for you. Our linens are laundered daily with detergent. We take concerns such as this very seriously and would have gladly moved you to a different room immediately.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I can't imagine how bad the other 4 hotels in Wildwood are but if you stay here you WILL be disappointed.

I use to wonder why people give such bad reviews to some hotels, now I understand better. Don't get me wrong, I've stayed in about every imaginable hotel from Bangkok to Amsterdam and I can put up with about anything. All I ask is an honest deal; if the room is crap and I'm tired enough, I'm going to get some rest and go on. However, this Sleep Inn has SERIOUS management problems. I almost NEVER ask for any special conditions but on this stay I needed to use the late check-out they offer online; check-out by 4:00 PM and just pay for an extra 1/2 day. Not a bad deal, but when I arrived the night clerk claimed they had no record of my request. Not a problem, I'll check it out with the manager in the morning. Next morning I asked the REAL manager and she said they didn't offer late check-out, when I pointed it out on their website she said that 12:00 noon was late enough. Then said that if I wanted to stay after noon I'd have to pay for a FULL day, then she said that late check out was contingent on availability and keeping my room had suddenly became a non-option. When you add all this confusion to a room with the DISTINCT smell of raw sewage, a continental breakfast that consisted of nothing more than a cold English muffin and a roof top air handler that provided about the same vibration and roar one gets in the back of a 747 at 35K feet, the result is a REALLY miserable stay. I STRONGLY suggest going the extra 12 miles to Leesburg, which has a MUCH better choice in cleaner, more comfortable and less expensive hotels.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, do NOT take a 3rd floor room. Roof top equipment noise is really loud.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. As you mentioned, we do offer a late check-out option which is based upon availability. You will not find a late check out at 4pm with a half day charge option on ANY site as we do not offer it. You booked through Easytobook.com and their site states "...and a late check-out option are offered..." They do not offer a 4pm/half day charge option. We worked with you to provide you with a 12pm late check out. I am sorry you are upset that we weren't able to extend that to 4pm. You may also visit our property at Choicehotels.com and www.wildwoodvillageshotel.com. Those sites do not offer a 4pm/Half Day Charge check out either. As for the other concerns you have written about, none of those were mentioned to our staff members. We take our guest concerns very seriously and would never ask you to remain in a room that was comfortable and quiet for you.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have to agree with a previous reviewer that the price is maybe set a little to high for this type of hotel, $102.96 with tax for us. No competition in the area is probably the reason why. It probably caters more to the one night travelers. Breakfast is very basic and the room lighting is a little darker than we would like. Comfortable bed, pillows not, thankfully I never leave home without mine. If you like to press your clothes, the irons leave a lot to be desired. We tried two different ones and neither worked well. Remember that this is also a pet friendly hotel and room 331 was definitely a pet room as evident by the dog treats we found under the chair and along the far side of the bed. In room safe was a nice surprise and a big plus in my book. Staff was very friendly. Would we stay again, probably yes if the price was lower, but if location is not that important there are better options in the Leesburg area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ticner58

Thank you for the review of our hotel. The month of March is the peak traveling month for the Central Florida area with each weekend being a special event weekend in our area. This is why rates are on the higher side; however, $102.46 isn't extremely high for the area. I am pleased to hear that you found our beds to be comfortable. I, too, never leave home without my pillow so I can understand your concern there. Hotel pillows just never compare to one's own. We are a pet friendly property and are always happy to cater to those non-pet travelers by putting you in a different area of the hotel. We would have been happy to move you to another room as well! When any of our guests experience any problems, we like to know immediately so we can "make it right" for you. Please do visit us again and let us know when you are coming so we can take extra care in selecting the right room for you. Our email is sleepinnwildwood@hdghotels.com or you can call us at any time. We enjoy catering to our return guests. Thank you again for letting us know how we are doing!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed here as a stopping point on the way to Port Canaveral. Very clean and the staff was friendly. We have stayed here before and will stay again. We had an issue with the sheets for the sofa bed, but the front staff quickly resolved it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for the excellent review of our Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood-The Villages hotel! There is no greater compliment to us than a returning guest. We are pleased to hear that you stay with us on your way through the area. As you mentioned, our staff is the friendliest around! We take great pride in providing exceptional service to all of our guests. I am happy to hear that our staff members responded promptly to your sofa bed sheet issues. We always want to "make it right" for you! We hope you were able to enjoy our delicious breakfast including our made-to-order Belgian waffles. We look forward to seeing you next time you pass through.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

All staff were very courteous and welcoming, reservations were easy to make, check in/out was quick and easy, continental breakfast was very good and housekeeping was adequate.

I had trouble connecting to the Wi-Fi, we ran across one roach in the elevator and I found a used plastic cup under the sealed new cups next to the ice bucket. Bathroom floor did not appear to have been swept before or during our visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side of the facility (pool side). Otherwise, you'll be looking at th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Geoff J
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Geoff, thank you for again reviewing our hotel. We are pleased to hear that our staff took excellent care of you and that you enjoyed our hot delicious breakfast. I can assure our housekeeping staff works diligently to make sure each guest room is sparkling clean. I will pass on your comments to the management staff. We appreciate your loyalty and thank you for coming back again. We hope to see you upon your next trip to the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Days Inn Wildwood I-75
Sleep Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview
The Waterfront Inn
The Waterfront Inn
#2 of 2 in The Villages

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages? Share your experiences!