“Unique diving experience everyone needs to do at least once”
Review of Devil's Den

Devil's Den
Ranked #4 of 8 things to do in Williston
More attraction details
Owner description: Offers cavern and cave diving.
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I've dove Devil's Den many times over the years. The clear spring fed water is a constant 72. Its underground so it tends to feel cooler so wear a 5 or 7ml suit and bring a light. Daylight beams through the center opening and a bright light is always on for safety. There's plenty of fish and I've even seen a fresh water eel on one dive. Lots of "swim throughs" and nooks to look at. The sandstone is full of prehistoric sea shells as well. Basically its an upside down mushroom shape cavern with a debris pile in the center. You dive a big circle. I usually do a first dive at the deeper levels from 25-50'. Then I go around again in the shallower areas. Once I finish with that, often times I'll go do it all again. Yes its a bit pricy but its very well run and has nice facilities. My wife was my dive buddy this last time and she's a bit claustrophobic. We worked her up to it by doing other small caverns in the area first. She really wanted to try so we went with the idea of canceling it at her call. Once she got in there, she was amazed and really enjoyed the dive. We got her down and settled for a few minutes giving her time to look around and realize that she was safe. When we finished she wanted to dive it more and now can't wait till our next return trip.

3  Thank toms830

Reviewed 3 January 2014

A very unique dive experience. We were there with our dive shop from NC so the lady was quite nice. Interesting but not something I would go back for. Bring your wetsuit and a light. Air fills on site to set you up for your next dive - somewhere else. Cannot figure out why one would do this twice in a day but many people do and love it.

1  Thank 673uef
Reviewed 17 December 2013

It's not cheap to dive here, but at least they are running the place well. The facility was clean and well maintained. The staff are friendly and helpful.

My son and I had a great dive here. It was his first cavern dive ever, and he's hooked. Nice that no guide/DM was required, we could just show our C cards and dive our dive the way we wanted to.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

There are many gorgeous natural springs in Florida, but Devil's Den is something really unique. A short trip from Gainesville, Devil's Den is a deep spring where you can go scuba diving. One word of caution- the water is FREEZING since the spring is underground and isn't really reached by the sun. However, it's an amazing place to visit with friends or family, and bring some food to have a picnic. See my pictures for details of what it looks like.

1  Thank Lunacy4
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Staff were helpful z( even lady with English accent - we had read some neg comments about her in past). We dove and snorkeled. Knew it was 72' but still could not believe how cold it was!

Maneuvering stairs with gear can be difficult. We went during the week, with only a 12 or so others there. It was the right amount. I could not imagine going on the weekends or winter time when it's more crowded, I don't think we would have enjoyed that nearly as much.

Suggestions:
Info on history of den.
Better map/diagram showing things on property. Cabin parking should be marked as such. We had problems finding it in the daytime and it took others over 25 minutes finding it at night.
Little microwaves in cabins, dorm size would be sufficient to heat up leftovers or a cup of water .
More blankets.
They are working on the wifi :)
Mattress in loft should be on a frame off floor, since its rustic, there were lots of critters crawling around.

We spent 3 nights in the cabins, which are definitely rustic, but we would go back to!