“loved this place!”
Review of Calypso Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilton Manors
Calypso Inn
Chichester, United Kingdom
“loved this place!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

When we arrived the taxi didn't take credit cards and we didn't have enough cash for the $100 fare. Wes, the owner, came out to greet us, saw our predicament, jumped in his car, went to the cashpoint and came back and gave us the cash to give to the driver-what fantastic service!
We stayed in the Key West cottage which was a lovely big room with a huge comfortable bed, tv and fridge. Nice bathroom too (though the water was slow to drain from the shower and basin). The only thing we didn't like was the lack of privacy in the toilet-it's got a floor to ceiling frosted window next to it which overlooks the courtyard/reception and you feel like you're on show and you can see people walking past-and they can see you through the potted plant placed outside-definitely need a blind on this window!
Our first afternoon our hosts treated us to a lovely barbecue by the pool. The gardens are lovely and the pool is gorgeous-the coolest the water ever got was 90f. We were there for 8 days and most days we had the entire pool area to ourselves, so was very quiet and relaxing.
One day we decided to go for a walk around Ft. Lauderdale and the beach, so Wes offered to give us a lift and he dropped us at the beach-thanks Wes!!
It's a 5 minute walk to the Wilton Manors nightlife so no need for cabs.
Free tea and coffee and buns throughout the day from reception.
Help yourself breakfast included til lunchtime.
Wes, Tom and Kenny can't do enough for you!
Really is a home from home- and an all-over tan too-we loved this place!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank westsussex2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed there a couple weeks ago and loved it the rooms are fantastic the pool is heated for those midnight swims. They have done a lot of work to this place. the new owners Wes,Tim and staff are doing a great job.did I mention the great prices on rooms can't beat it. location: less than 5 minute walking distance to the drive. I'll be back very shortly

• Stayed April 2014
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Excellent experience. The new owners are very nice, the property is quiet and peaceful. It is a home away from home. Easy access to walk down to Wilton Drive. The staff is friendly and they make you feel welcome. Dont even think about Cabanas or other places (Manor Inn). this is where you need to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, no bad choices. I was there in january, february and again in March 3 trips.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My partner and I were in need of a one night stay on a busy weekend pre-atlantis cruise. In addition, We were flying to the east coast on a red-eye and needed a very early check-in. Tim and Wes not only accommodated our needs but treated us like family!! Not only was our room ready upon a very early AM arrival, they texted us in advance that that was the case while we were still at the airport! Our room was very charming and reminded us of an adorable Key West bungalow. Tim & West provide an intimate continental breakfast and were eager to give restaurant and bar/club recommendations. The property is well attended to as well as guests requests / needs. We will definitely be staying here whenever we are in the area. Guest house is STEPS from all things GAY with VERY fair pricing. All around, you can't get better than this when wanting to be around "family" and treated as such by both owners......Thanx sooo much guys and look forward to seeing you again soon.

JOHN and DEREK

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Calypso Inn was truly an incredible place to stay. I was only there for one night, but I cannot comment highly enough on the care and pride that the owners and their colleagues take in the resort. Wes and Tim, the owners, are so kind (Wes even drove me to Miami the next morning to save me on a cab fare!) and Kenny, the caretaker, was right on hand for anything I needed, including recommendations on where to eat, drink, and visit. They have all known each other since high school, and it lends such a wonderful "family" feeling to the resort. We all even went out dancing at happy hour. It was like staying with friends - and if you're not the outgoing type and totally want to shut off, don't let this scare you, because they know how to give you plenty of privacy as well.

My room was great - I had a Queen room, and the shower was INCREDIBLE. It was HUGE - the bathroom itself was bigger than my entire bedroom at home (granted I live in NYC so bedrooms are small). The room was clean and quiet and comfortable with plenty of storage and amenities.

The property is fantastic - the pool is so warm and lovely, with pool toys, and the atmosphere is laid back. There are even birds that you can feed on the property - and Wes and Tim are building an aviary for them!

I would go back in an instant. I haven't really stayed at a guest house like this before, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Cozy, comfortable and tranquil. Room was completely new, pool and deck very nice with fire pit. (was a cool night) Staff was extremely accommodating to my schedule. Best location in Wilton Manors hands down. Can walk safely to the incredible nightlife and restaurants in literally 3 minutes. One more thing... I left my watch by accident. They were so kind to send back to me. This is admirable and says a lot about the staff and owners. A+!!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed 12 February 2014

What a charming little place! The staff is very friendly and so were the guests. The room was so comfortable. The location was close to shopping, bars and restaurants. Most of all it was close to my son's house. Wes and Tim were so accommodating and Ken too. If my son is still in the area next year, I will definitely book my reservations here! A+++

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilton Manors
Victoria Park
The Victoria Park Hotel
The Victoria Park Hotel
#3 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland P...
#69 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Down...
#30 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Universal Palms Hotel
#91 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Island Sands Inn
#1 of 2 in Wilton Manors
Inn on the Drive LLC
#2 of 2 in Wilton Manors

Been to Calypso Inn? Share your experiences!