“We've been back twice!”

Price range: US$15 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Okland Park Blvd
Description: At Candela we recreate the way Spaniards approach dinning, a lay back setting where wine and unpretentious bold dishes fill the table. We encourage our guests to share and sample our menu. Be the creator of your own Chef's Tasting Menu.
Reviewed 8 February 2014

The Cuban and Spanish-inspired menu have lots to choose from. Among us, we've tried three of the chicken dishes (my favorite is the moroccan chicken), the noodles in squid ink (one of us raved about it), the ropa vieja (the best I've had), and the eggplant parm. The owner-chef takes pride in his cooking, as does the wait staff, who are both friendly and knowledgable about the ingredients and the cooking process. Friendly too, without being cloying!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Candela was suggested by a friend who travels all over the world and said this is one of his favorite restaurants. We were not disappointed. Fabulous mix of Latin and Mediterranean on the menu. Great wine list. The Calamares Entomatados (sautéed stuffed calamari) was the bomb. Beet salad excellent. Fideua Negré was very good ( a little too much crispy noodles though, tends to take over). Pollo Extremadura (pan roasted chicken breast) very good. Pulled pork a just a little dry but excellent flavor, and the fried plantains along side were excellent. The Flan dessert special was the best ever! The chef came to our table to greet us which was very nice. Great service.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

This out of the way Spanish restaurant was much better than the location and exterior would indicate. Several members of our party thought the food was excellent, while others found the offerings just ok. Eclectic dishes like fried noodles in black squid ink was very good, but recommended fish dishes were ordinary.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I went here for the first time for a birthday dinner for one of my friends and I must say I was please with everything here. Between the Tapas, the Entrees and the Desserts were just fantastic. Each dish tasted as if the cook literally was making them as is. Which is probably the case due to each one coming out at different times. There weren't many eating maybe 2 other pairs so it made the night very intimate and the interaction between the owner and us was first class all the way. I ate the (Pollo Al Ajillo) which is basically Chicken chunks with Garlic and Potatoes. If you like big garlic taste, this was it. Was delicious, my only problem was there wasn't anymore left after I was done.

The best part of the dinner is always when the Chef comes out and recommends things or helps people who are picky about what they eat (like myself) add in different things like rice or potatoes or what not. He was very helpful and was right on the ball with any choice you made.

Everyone else's meals looked fantastic. If only I wasn't allergic to shellfish, the rest of the meals I'm sure would've been just as good if not better. If you're looking for a great date night out place or just somewhere for a good dinner with some friends visiting this is the place.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We went here with friends and had an assortment of appetizers. Everything was amazing. service was perfect and the owner and chef could not have been nicer. Highly recommend.