“Great Alternative to the beach - Kayaking Wilton Manor”

Atlantic Coast Kayak
Book In Advance
More Info
US$47.99*
and up
Guided Urban Eco Tour by Kayak or Paddleboard
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Kayak and stand up paddleboard rentals and tours are offered daily at Richardson Historic Park and Nature Preserve. We will assist you in launching into the Middle River from our sixty foot floating dock. Lessons are free! Guided tours are scheduled twice each day at 10 AM and 1 PM. Hourly rentals are available anytime from 9 AM til 4 PM, at $16 per hour (Pro-rated after 1 hour) or $40 for four hours per adult. kids 6-12 are half price, under 6 are free. Guided Urban Eco Tour is $48 per adult, half price for kids 6-12, under 6 are free. Our guided tour is second to none! See herons, egrets, ibises, and more! Our guides will share their knowledge of the area's history and ecosystem on a one and a half to two hour tour down the river. We usually have the wind at our backs on the way home, as the tradewinds blow from the East. Most times, the trees and houses along the river provide cover from any high winds. Don't miss the lagoon!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Arlington, Va
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Great Alternative to the beach - Kayaking Wilton Manor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Three of my Ftl friends and myself decided to go Kayaking. We decided to go with Atlantic Coast Kayaking and we are very happy we did. Two people had not kayaked before . One of the instructors gave us the lesson - and in all reality, not really much to kayaking (at least in these waters). We kayaked the loop around Wilton Manor. 7 miles sounded like a lot, but it was really just perfect. We really did not rush and we completed the loop in approx 3 hrs. The kayak had a nice back rest so our backs were not sore, the guys told us based on the tides, to start this one particular way. We brought some water, applied suntan lotion and we were fine. We all did bring our cell phones and I also brought my camera. Nothing was lost or dropped! We all rented individual kayaks - at first we had reservations, we thought it would be easier if we rented tandam. We were glad we did not rent tandem. Would I do this again - absolutely!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Robbbyva

portland, maine
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Highlight of Ft. Lauderdale Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Unless you are really deconditioned or hurried rent 4 hours. Bring hat, sunglasses,sunscreen,water,phone(zip locked away). Great way to see the often hidden and forgotten Venice of Florida. Flora/fauna/architecture. Waterways protected from strong breezes, but newbies might want to choose a calm day. Straights of green vegetation and lush backyards, beneath tressel crossings and behind businesses, a few public take out points along the way. Great way to get/stay physically active and enjoy a different perspective of the city. Employees very knowledgeable,friendly,helpful. My first experience with ride on top kayak...perfect for warm,calm,Florida waters. Four hour trip tip for all:secure map.For males: wide mouthed Poweraide or nalgene type bottle. Again:staff the day I visited A+.Thanks.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank ayuh
Coral Springs
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great staff, peaceful paddle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is the second time I have kayaked with them. They are polite, knowledgeable, patient and very friendly. We were on the water quickly. Kayaks were in good shape - seats and paddles as well. They knew what type and size to pick for each of us. We couldn't find the manatees that had been seen in a nearby lagoon, but still had a great time enjoying the natural habitat.

Visited March 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I saw manatees!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

It was great to get out of the hustle & bustle of the Ft. Lauderdale beach area to find this quiet escape just 10 minutes away. The business is located on the grounds of the Richardson Historical Park. Kayaking is on the Middle River. I was told that manatees frequent an area about a 20 minute paddle away, so off I went in search of the gentle giants. Sure enough, I came across 2 other pairs of kayakers who motioned for me to be quiet and pointed them out to me. They actually swam right around and under our kayaks but never hit them. I watched for about 15 min or so, then headed back. The kayaks are comfortable, the staff is helpful and the prices are reasonable. Highly recommend!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank esltchr65
Pompano Beach, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great equipment and well run”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

We didn't realize the Wilton Dr. Location was closed due to a parade. We were redirected to Colahatchee Park and decided at the last minute to join another couple on a tour. The kayaks are really comfortable and the tour was a great way to know what we could do and where the best places to go were. Not only did we see the new crop of iguanas, but we met up with two manatee families twice during our ride and some very brave ducklings on their initial swimming lesson with their Mom. It was a perfect morning! We will be back and venture out on our own next time.

Visited June 2013