“Mod atmospher, good service , OK food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeo Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Rodeo Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Rodeo offers a selection of the best Southern cuisine around. Located on Wilton Drive in Wilton Manors, Rodeo is a dining favorite for lunch or dinner that includes Southwestern, Tex-Mex, Barbeque, and Cajun/Creole dining—Southern style! Our bar serves an array of specialty beers and wines, many coming from vineyards and breweries from the South.
florida
“Mod atmospher, good service , OK food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

I have eaten here four times since they opened and the best was lunch which was the southwest chicken sandwich on a soft flat type bread with curly fries. Being picky & careful about diet I personally have a problem with the dinner menu which is limited. One example is the pecan chicken dish (molasses) finished with honey, & butternut squash, something I would never order as too sweet. For dinner I ordered the tuna quesadilla. I would say the tuna is way overcooked in order to bake the quesadlila. Another occasion I ordered a burger out of frustration which they say is medium unless otherwise specified. It was too well-done. I would say you can better burgers elsewhere. My most recent dinner was the slow cooked brisket sandwich. It was dry, overdone and not like any brisket I ever ate. My friends had the shrimp & grits which they said was good but to my way of thinking a little pricey for six med. cajun shrimp and huge mess of grits, mostly left. We had a starter of fried okra with remoulade sauce--pretty tasty. I think this place is friendly, professional and doing their best but they may need to expand their menu a little more health conscious & varied. Decor is modern confortable & clean.I do know it is southwest/southern menu which is great if you like it.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cwtrade

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“outstanding,food and service are excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

Went for lunch yesterday with my granddaughter and her friends from Iamsville, MD.
we all loved it. The food is wonderful,great selection. The service is also excellent.
I will be back often. We enjoyed Rodeo so much.

• Visited September 2011
fla
“outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

Food,service,and restaurant is outstanding if your looking for a great place to eat give it a try. food is different, fresh and the service is great !!! nice wine list, and Beer list..
price is very very fair, you can split a meal thats for sure..

• Visited August 2011
Austin, Texas
“Nice lunch, tasteful space”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Wilton Manors is sorely lacking in decent restaurants that aren't dowdy diners or crazy noisy rowdy drink dens, so when I walked passed this place I decided to try it. The interior is upscale and modern with a bar, as well as open dining area, but it's not pretentious It looks out onto Wilton Drive. The service was very good and professional. They hadn't been open too many weeks when I was there so at first there weren't many customers, but as I was leaving, several more tables had been seated. The food was OK, I had a pulled pork sandwich that was average with the recommended sweet potato fries. I didn't much like the fries and some of the other plates they served actually looked better than what I got. I will try it again and order something different because I think they are putting forth a valiant effort and WM needs more places like this.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Captexguy
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

Wow.  That sums up my impression of Rodeo.  It is brand new in Wilton Manors, and I've heard A LOT of buzz about it during my business trips to FLL recently.  Took some friends there Friday night, and the atmosphere was wonderful.  Everyone is so friendly (but that's also typical Fort Lauderdale in my opinion).  The food was superb.  I spoke with Trent (one of the owners), and he has been working on this menu (and his dream) for many years.  You can tell that his heart and passion are in Rodeo.  If you're in Fort Lauderdale, you should stop in.  No liquor license (yet), but they do serve beer/wine (great selection of both).  My favorite dish was the pulled pork, but I stole some of my friend's Dos Sopes, and it was so good.  I have to tell you, Wilton Manors is not what it was a decade ago.  This area has VASTLY improved.  I am so excited about Rodeo, and it speaks very highly of the entire area.

1 Thank Tdawg954