“Closed!”
Review of Rodeo Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Rodeo Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rodeo offers a selection of the best Southern cuisine around. Located on Wilton Drive in Wilton Manors, Rodeo is a dining favorite for lunch or dinner that includes Southwestern, Tex-Mex, Barbeque, and Cajun/Creole dining—Southern style! Our bar serves an array of specialty beers and wines, many coming from vineyards and breweries from the South.
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Was told they closed for good on Sunday June 9, 2013. Heard a lot of good things and was looking to try. Too bad .

Reviewed 9 June 2013

We chanced by and selected Rodeo based upon the variety of selections on their posted menu (Southern and Southwestern cuisine!?). It was a most pleasant surprise. Being a little early for dinner time, the restaurant was not busy but the interior mood, subtle - not hokey Western, was inviting. Our server was delightful and cheerfully took time explaining the entrees and offering suggestions. While the beer I ordered wasn't available, Catherine's suggestion was a perfect compliment.

We opted for the Tuna burrito and Jambalaya pasta. Both were wonderful, the freshness and flavor as well as presentation were spot on. The burrito was garnished with a 'red string pepper', with a taste that contributed beautifully but I haven't been able to find it at markets in the Seattle area where I live. I plan to visit Rodeo again at first opportunity this fall (and learn more about 'string pepper).

We were more than pleased with our new discovery. Thank you.

Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

I had dinner with 2 other friends last night. It was a rainy night, so the hostess cleverly set us by the front door like for all other patrons to make the place look busy. That's why I put average for overall and service. However, the waiter was very good and attentive. He made good recondition describing them as he just had then for dinner.

The meatloaf is and some chicken breast stuffed with cornbread (not on the menu) were 2 of 3 suggestions we tried.

The candied bacon martini was something, but according to my friend was also quite strong.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Went there on Sun. late p.m. The meals were bogo which we did not realize until looking at the menu. Always indecisive about their choices as I do not care for "sweet" flavor with my foods as a good part of menu has this issue (molasses, etc.}. I ordered a house wine which did not smell or taste right. Waiter very agreeably changed to something better. My partner had the pasta with shrimp jambalaya which was outstanding. We both loved it and there was enough for leftovers.
I mistakenly ordered the peach pork chop which was too tough to chew, dry & overdone & topped with canned peaches. Spicy sweet sauce actually good but could not compensate for the chop.
Mashed potatos were barely warm & lumpy. We were the only patrons at the time. When the waiter inquired I told him my issues and he kindly offered to replace with another selection. I declined. So one great dinner was "free" and one awful one was paid for.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

The peaceful ambiance, the excellent service, the varied menu, the reasonable prices, the great drink selection, the plentiful portions, the gustatory satisfaction ... all made this establishment top-notch... so much so that we made sure we went back again within the week that we were visiting Fort Lauderdale! Kudos to the Rodeo crew! We shall return...again and again!