Island Sands Inn
Bali Hai Motel(Fort Lauderdale)
US$88
US$71
US$90
US$152
HotelsClick
The Link Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
US$95
US$92
US$90
The Victoria Park Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$189
Hotels.com
Ed Lugo Resort(Wilton Manors)
Hotels.com
Casitas Coral Ridge(Fort Lauderdale)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswilton drivebed and breakfastgreat hoststhanks mikebars and restaurantstub and separate showeramenities includingprivate patiosalt water poolmy entire staywalking distancesister propertynight liferoom was largeguest roomsa great vacationshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 January 2013

My partner and I stayed at Island Sands Inn for six nights and we were treated like royalty! Our hosts Mike and Jim could not have been more accomodating. The room was spotless, the amenities first class, and the personal service was quite amazing. The Inn is located steps from all of the nightlife Wilton Manors has to offer. The pool area was incredibly private, lushly landscaped, the pool temperature was perfect and we really enjoyed the quiet. One other great thing.... every morning the hosts delivered a delicious hand crafted breakfast to our room! This is the place to stay in Wilton Manors, and you won't find better hosts anywhere! Five Stars!

Room Tip: Incredibly fair priced - they have a super quiet room with extra privacy, and they have a double couple room (a room with two queen beds and a well equipped kitchen. Two of their three rooms have a direct view of the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Mike C, Owner at Island Sands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I know you have choices of places to stay during your trips to south Florida. We are thankful you have chosen Island Sands Inn.... It was a pleasure meeting you and we look forward to seeing you during your future trips to sunny Florida!

Reviewed 24 January 2013

So, I am a bit behind the ball in writing my review about my stay here but that does not take away from the fact that I had a great time. First off lets talk location. If you want some were that is literally steps to the gay bars and clubs you can not get closer than Island Sands. You are just a 5 minute walk to all the most popular hangouts. Second, the room and setup was just perfect. They have thought of pretty much everything in your room including wine upon your arrival. Add to that free breakfast each morning (served either by the pool or in your room) and you begin to wonder why more places don't conduct their business this way. Finally, I have to mention the staff/owners. I was greeted by my first name when I arrived, they were able and most willing to provide me lots of local information on where to go eat, sight see etc...they even drove me to the beach one day!. All in all I had a wonderful experience and will certainly be back. One final note, they Inn is G rated as in there is no naked swimming or hot tub which was 100% fine by me.

Room Tip: I think there are only three rooms and all are pool side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Mike C, Owner at Island Sands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thank you for staying with us at Island Sands Inn! We much appreciate that you have shared your experience during your stay with us. It is very important that we maintain consistent and memorable experiences for current and future guest. Thanks Again.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

I spent two short nights and will always stay here when I visit Wilton Manors. Park and walk everywhere. All the restaurants, bars and shops are close by. Go get some drinks and go back to your room for a rest or to refresh and go back out in between. The beach and other venues are like a mile away but, that is not a problem. The inn keepers Mike and Jim are outstanding. I needed some getaway and downtime and it was provided. The property is clean, private and comfortable on all levels. Will return in the spring. oxoxox

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Mike C, Owner at Island Sands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Thank you! We will continue to push our best efforts to ensure every guest, whether for an overnight stay our a stay of many days has a memorable experience. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in 2013!!

Reviewed 17 December 2012

On arrival we were greeted by our helpful and cheery hosts, Mike and Jim. We had a very quick and easy check in.

The complex has only 3 guest rooms so it feels private.

The room was large, clean and bright with a huge high and comfortable bed. Our room had a small but effective ensuite bathroom with a walk-in shower. The room had good amenities including a refrigerator, flat-screen TV, microwave, coffee machine and complimentary bottles of water refreshed each day. There is also free fast wi-fi and breakfast was delivered to the rooms at a time of our choice on a tray.

Outside there is a heated pool and patio furniture on which of sun screen had been left and pool towels were provided in the rooms.

Room Tip: This is particularly suitable for gay couples as it is easy walking distance from the main gay strip in Wilton Manors. This is more romantic than other nearby "more adult only" venues.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the feedback and detailed review. We will continue to use information like you have provided to ensure our repeat guest and new guest continue to have an enjoyable and consistent experience! Thanks for sharing you recent stay. We will see you soon! Have a Happy New Year!

Reviewed 10 December 2012

What a perfect place to stay for your visit to Wilton Manors/Fort Lauderdale! I almost hate giving this place the review that's coming because it will break my heart if I can't stay here on my next visit because Island Sands Inn is all booked up.

The owners Mike and Jim have created the most amazing combination of taste, hospitality, comfort and attention to detail I could have hoped for. The B&B label is a little off because the vibe swings between staying in a very, very, small perfect hotel or staying at your friend's perfect Florida home. Each of the rooms each has its own private entrance, and are tasteful, bright, clean, comfortable and large. Our room had a view of the pool, a giant bathroom with both a shower and a tub. The towels were soft, the refrigerator was stocked with beverages and ice, there was complimentary wine and bottled water in the room and the bed was fantastically comfortable. The pool was beautiful (especially all glowing cobalt blue at night!) warm, private and landscaped just perfectly. Breakfast was generous and tasty and we enjoyed it poolside each morning.

And then there is the location. ISI is literally within crawling distance of Wilton Manors Drive with all of the shopping, dining, and bars that go with that. I can't imagine a more convenient location. We didn't have a car and never missed it.

Finally, once again, the owners are amazing and I wish them every success. They are friendly, warm, and welcoming and all without a touch of insincerity. I would recommend this place for ANY couple looking for a romantic getaway, friends ready for a fun WM weekend, or solo travelers who want something different than a corporate chain hotel. Stay here, just please, don't take our reservation.

- M&G

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Mike C, Owner at Island Sands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

It was great to see you for a repeat trip and we want to say thank you for sharing your experience!!! We look forward to seeing you again.. Hopefully very soon!!! We enjoyed your company, conversation and simply being our guest overall!! Please let us know if you have any request or question prior to your next trip!!! Very Much Appreciated!!! Happy Holidays!!!
Mike -Island Sands Inn