“First day here we couldn't wait to get back”
Review of Island Sands Inn

Island Sands Inn
San Francisco, California
“First day here we couldn't wait to get back”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had business to do in Wilton Manors, and having been a first time visitor, didn't know what to expect. It was a fairly last minute booking, and I was amazed at the reviews, the price and what 'looked like' close proximity to where I was working. As we pulled up we realized the resort was no more than 20 feet from my destination. Upon arrival Mike and Jim greeted us enthusiastically, handled our bags and gave us an overview of the neighborhood, places to eat, drink and all the hot spots we needed to relax.
By the end of day one we had made a decision that coming back for a non-work trip was in order and we hit up the guys on when to come back. They suggested that we look at halloween for an authentic street party. We booked immediately. Why?
Everything we needed, from friendly and warm hosts, to a large clean room with a kitchen and even a welcome cocktail! Complimentary waters, and Mike even printed things out for me while I sat poolside, and went as far as washing a few garments for a fellow traveler. It's 1/2 block off 'the drive' and Jim was willing to take us to an UPS store when it was needed, and to the beach and a Sunday Funday party, when it wasn't needed. 110% over the top accommodations, location, and service, looking forward to sharing this wonderful town and hosts with our best friends over halloween!

Room Tip: I can't image there is a bad room. The main resort has 3 guest rooms (apartments) and that of ou...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jason D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 28 July 2014

As a business traveller I look for places that are safe, clean & accommodating. The hotel is safe with individualized key codes for your room. You never have to worry about losing your room key. There are also other security measures like the locked gate and surveillance cameras! Cleanliness of the rooms have always been exceptional. Not only are the rooms spotless, the decor is tastefully modern and cozy. The grounds are always spotless with a sparkling pool that transcends you to a tropical oasis with a key west vibe. All this from a very accommodating ownership. I have had last minute travel, switch date travel and the need for more elbow room and each time Mike and Jim have been very accommodating. Oh and did I mention the many restaurants within walking distance from the hotel? As a business traveler I found my little home away from home and will continue to stay here!!!

• Stayed July 2014
ORLANDO
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I travel about 135 nights a year for business and when I stay here I feel as though I'm staying at a home instead of the typical "hotel". Mike and Jim are very accommodating, their friendly and always go the extra mile if anything is needed. They have small apartments with kitchens and then they also have rooms with a small fridge and microwave. Their pools are wonderful and the grounds are always well kept, I can't say enough about the Island Sands... It's a small "PARADISE" away from home when you travel as much as I do. It sure beats the "chain" hotels

Room Tip: All their rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Tucker, Georgia
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Where do I begin, every minute was 5 star from start to end. Mike met us at the front door as we were dropped off, he immediately retrieved our luggage and welcomed us. The check in process was smooth and quick. He then drove us over to the Banyan Villas where he again handled all the luggage. The Villa was immaculate, very well decorated and felt like our home away from home. He took the time to explain where everything was located. He arranged a special Birthday greeting for my partner, balloons, flowers and champagne, it was over the top!! They met and exceeded our every need during our 4 day trip. The pool was so refreshing, clean and surround by beautiful plants. The property was in walking distance to everything we wanted to do and felt very safe walking all hours of the day. If your looking for a 5 star experience and not spending an arm and leg, Island Sands Inn is your best bet, you will not be disappointed. Mike and Jim are just amazing host's. They are very attentive to ensure your experience will make you want to keep coming back. Also, the main property is as nice as the Villas. We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charlie30084
Brielle, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Island Sands Inn. Stylish, comfortable room - great pool deck - and convenient location to the Wilton Manors nightlife. But the real plus is Mike, the owner. He goes above and beyond in helping guests feel at home. From a ride to the beach, to breakfast in your room, he does it all. Thanks, Mike!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CrashBang
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Mike and Jim are terrific guys and this review has been a long time in coming. Their property is close to nightlife and local restaurants. Everything feels simple, relaxed and tasteful. They make you feel at home. They do go out of their way to take care of you but in my case they were also great about respecting my privacy when I needed it. I tended to go out late and sleep in late and they would always work with me in terms of when to bring breakfast. It was a really nice stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This place is amazing! The accommodations are fabulous: The rooms are stylish, immaculate, and spacious. The location is perfect; within steps of shops, restaurants and nightlife. The property and landscaping are well manicured and breakfast by the pool is a great way to start the day. We loved it so much, we returned two days later. The owners Mike and Jim are incredible! They went above and beyond anything I have experienced at other B&B's. They are professional, courteous, friendly and very helpful. Will definitely be making a return trip to Island Sands Inn.
Tammie and Maureen

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TamG1982
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilton Manors
Victoria Park
The Victoria Park Hotel
The Victoria Park Hotel
#3 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland P...
#70 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Ed Lugo Resort
#1 of 1 in Wilton Manors
The Worthington Guest House
#3 of 34 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Island Sands Inn? Share your experiences!