“Good Thai Food”

Ranked #20 of 83 Restaurants in Wilton Manors
Price range: US$16 - US$40
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Galanga Thai Kitchen & Sushi Bar. Join us for lunch or dinner to experience authentic Thai dishes and the freshest Sushi! Our atmosphere and exceptional service combine to form one of the best Thai and Sushi restaurants in South Florida. Local Delivery Available! We can also cater your next private party, or we can arrange to host the party with the Galanga atmosphere, staff, and one of a kind cuisine.
“Good Thai Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Visited a week ago. Nice restaurant, ordered Tom Yum and Pad Thai.

Tom Yum was very good so was the house special Pad Thai. I did think that the plates were small and I was hungry for more when we finished. I thought the prices were a little high for such small plates. Normally I go home with a doggy bag, not here.

The place is some cozy, Dark is a better word. I had to use my phone to light up the menu so we could read it. Others there were doing the same.

• Visited April 2014

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Decent Service and Good Sushi!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have driven by here a number of times and had heard of Galanga during a conversation with a cashier at Publix - she advised me that the food and the service were both excellent and that I should purchase the groupon and give it a try.

This evening, my boyfriend was skimming through groupon and stumbled upon the place. I told him about the cashier's advice and we decided to go. We were a bit nervous, because the groupon instructed us to call and make reservations - my boyfriend assumed that this ensured we would receive sub-par service.That we did not.

The overall experience was quite good. We ordered a few sushi rolls to share; the healthy lobster roll, crunchy tuna, california and eel. All were quite excellent. The atmosphere was good; very relaxed and quiet while not being dull. Our spot in the corner was quite intimate - even though it was a half-booth-half-table arrangement, I feel that if people had been seated adjacent to us it would have caused minimal disturbance. Also, the service was friendly and attentive. Our server (Michelle) was very nice and even the other employees offered themselves at our service.

I will definitely recommend and return to this place. With the groupon it is an especially worthwhile deal!

• Visited March 2014
Raleigh, NC
“Fabulous Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

It's been several years, but this restaurant retains its excellent food and great service. We got there very late so the reaturant was quiet and we were not rushed out. Both the sushi and Thai dishes we had were superb. I don't think you can go wrong here. Await return.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank grover33Raleigh_NC
Columbus, Ohio
“Pleasant restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Nice restaurant with very attentive service and large sushi and Thai menu. Fried veggie dumplings were small but not greasy. Salad with ginger dressing tasty. Fish was appropriately fresh for sushi/sashimi. Salmon skin hand roll was crispy and very tasty.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank kiddoc1940
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,262 helpful votes
“Excellent Thai Food with AMAZING service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

We decided to try Galanga after purchasing a Groupon for this restaurant.

Upon entering the parking lot, you are offered complimentary valet parking.

When you enter, you notice the restaurant is elegantly dark with it's main focus on the sushi bar.

Once seated, we were promptly taken care of by Jen. She was an AMAZING waitress and hit all the high marks on making sure that our drinks were filled, food was as we ordered, and would check in if we needed anything else.

We ordered for appetizers: the lettuce wraps (delicious!), and thai crispy spring rolls (very good as well).

For our main course we tried the pad thai, which was good, but not the best I have ever eaten. The basil tofu, very flavorful and not lacking in the tofu at all. Pad Se Ew, which had only 4 pieces of broccoli, but had a wonderful sauce and very flavorful. And lastly, the green curry, which was on the edge of being a bit too spicy, but it was bursting with flavors and quite delicious.

We loved everything about our dining experience and would definitely recommend to come and check it out.

PS - If this review was helpful, please remember to click the "Yes" button. Thanks :->

• Visited February 2014