“Tried it, won't be back”
Review of Sushi Rock

Sushi Rock
Ranked #44 of 83 Restaurants in Wilton Manors
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Tried it, won't be back”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Decided to try the new location in Wilton Manors but should have checked reviews first. General opinion of the reviews we saw were that food was fresh but service and food delivery were slow. That was our experience too. Service was friendly but below average. he didn't use any forethought or planning, having to run back for plates after he brought appetizers and such. The tea was very poor and the food was slow to come out of the kitchen, although it was fresh. I still much prefer Pop Rock Sushi and won't go back to Sushi Rock.

Visited February 2014

Paris
“A disappointment.”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

The first impression one gets when entering the place is the smell of fish. Not good.
I had edamame and the sashimi dinner. Although the cuts are generous, I found the fish to be watery and some pieces were breaking apart when picked up with chopsticks, a sign that it may not be fresh. My dinner was taken off the bill. The manager commented that their fish was fresh from the day. I would recommend that they change suppliers.
My friend had the sushi dinner and miso soup and was happy with it.
The men's bathroom was neglected. A bad sign for such a quiet place.
This is obviously so far a not so successful and neglected place which does not keep the promise of its somewhat grand exterior. It needs a complete operating overhaul.

“Want sushi? Go to Sozo!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

This is my second time here. Not impressed. Go to Sozo or Tee-Jay's instead!! So many choices for sushi on the drive, why bother with this place?!?

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank hankfromMi
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“We hoped it would be a hit”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This place took forever to open. We watched them build the building and landscape, pave the parking lot and the. Finally it opened. Sushi Rock has a downtown Ft Lauderdale that is quite successful so they decided to try this new location. The decor is nice but we weren't very excited about the feel of the place. There weren't many people there. The food was good but not great. There are other places on the drive for sushi and Thai food that are better and well established. We wish them luck here but not sure how well it would do. I think they need to hold some grand opening event catering to the demographic in the area with drink specials and maybe that will get people in there.

• Visited July 2013
“Interesting!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

It's the second time I visit this restaurant since I like Sushi and enjoy so much being at a nice place as well. I really liked the food, was very tasty and I found the best Shrimp Fried Rice I ever tried in town. Love the chandelier and hopefully the service will still be good when the restaurant gets busy. Like it!

• Visited August 2013