“WARNING DO NOT TRY THIS PLACE”
Review of Old Florida Seafood House - CLOSED

Old Florida Seafood House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“WARNING DO NOT TRY THIS PLACE”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The service was atrocious, the food took one hour in a half and it came out COLD. When we asked why the food was taking so long the waiter stated " because you ordered wine, I thought you would like to enjoy the wine first." We asked to speak with a Manager, the hostess came over saying she was the manager. DID NOT DISCOUNT OR OFFER ANYTHING for the wait and cold food.....TERRIBLE DO NOT TRY THIS PLACE. There is NOTHING GOOD OR NICE ABOUT this restaurant. VERY DISSAPOINTING!

2 Thank Debbie B

“Sadly went downhill”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Years ago I loved old Florida sea food. Now sad to say the dinner was really horrible the creamed spinach was horrible the only good thing was the bread the wine and the waitress. The shrimp was rubbery tasting and the coleslaw was old and aweful. Go else where. Not worth the cost. This is not a good representation of Florida seafood.

3 Thank Alice K
Pompano Beach, Florida, USA
“Won’t Return!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My partner ordered Tilapia (don’t remember the sauce, guess it was unmemorable), in his words.. “Tasteless”, “Overcooked”, “Frozen Food”. In my words.. “Tiny portions for that price & I’ve bought those potatoes in the frozen food section”. Come on, You can’t get a FRESH baked potato to look like that with 2 people working in the kitchen. It was MICROWAVED FROZEN FOOD!. It wasn’t even hot. I felt really sorry for my partner as he was really looking forward to something new. I had the Sea Bass. All I can say is that for $26 I expected a little more on my plate than an old piece of overcooked fish that had been thawed & microwaved & had it not been for the lemon caper sauce (that anybody can easily make), I’d have REALLY hated it. About the only thing I really enjoyed was the “famous fried zucchini”, steak fries and bread. But really… you can get that anywhere and at a fraction of what our meal cost ($75 for 2 including drinks – “Pah-Lease!”).. Oh yea, the cosmos were about all that made it palatable & I was starved or I might’ve had words with management.

1 Thank Phillip G
West Palm Beach
“Good Fish and service but otherwise lacking”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

As other reviews point out, the restaurant recently has changed ownership and it shows. We arrived for a later dinner on Saturday night and the place was mostly empty. The hostess was prompt and the seating was comfortable. The decor is dated but it is what, in part, gives the restaurant a certain charm.

We both began with a soup and my clam chowder was very average. The texture was weak and it did not have that typical clam taste. The bread service was also unexciting and the bread was not super fresh. The highlight of the meal was the fish - my friend had talipia and it was moist and well done. I had the swordfish and it too was very good, although for the price was high given the size of the piece of fish. The offering for the sides leaves a lot to be desired. My friend wanted to substitute a dinner salad for both sides (a more than fair trade) and was told - no. My loaded baked potato felt microwaved and not fresh. The cole slaw was average at best. Overall, a B- meal with the standouts being the fish and the service. Hassle free parking is another plus.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jesse1
Wilton Manors, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWFULL!!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Food was prepackaged frozen discount items. Meat was way past its prime! Cream spinach came from a can. The veggies were so floppy you gould tie them in a knot and wring out the unexplainable amount of butter and oil. You show up with an empty stomach and full wallet. You leave with an empty stomach and even emptier wallet. Go to Rustic Inn!

1 Thank WiltonKelly