“50 Craft Beers, 50 wines, interesting tapas menu, and a good vibe as well”
Review of 13 Even - CLOSED

13 Even
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: 13|EVEN is an intimate restaurant located in Wilton Manors, FL ~ just minutes from Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Our delicious small plate menu is complimented with a selection of 40+ craft beers and 40+ wines-by-the-glass.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Our 1st visit here was just for dessert and coffee. We were struck by the warm vibe and the fact that, in this LGBT neighborhood that is mainly oriented toward gay men, there were actually a lot of women in this place. Once alerted by our server that it was our 1st visit and we were from out of town (St. Petersburg FL), one of the owners, Nancy, stopped by our table to welcome us and tell us the story of the place. We quickly felt like insiders! Another Nancy, of Nancy's Cakes, provided what are provocatively called dessert shots. Imagine a small glass container filled with delectable delights such as key lime pie, chocolate brownie & caramel, carrot cake and peanut butter/chocolate mousse. Oh, my! We loved this place so much we went back the next day for lunch, sampling their Miami-made empanadas (apparently the only tapas item they don't make themselves) and the pork belly and watermelon. Plus a couple more dessert shots, of course. Whether you go here for the food or the atmosphere, you won't be disappointed. It's a jewel of a place!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

A friend of mine Steve recommended this funky little restaurant after he built it out for the current owners. After him raving about the place, I just had to try it!

What a great surprise! Tasty and unusual small plates at a great price - and lots of crafts beers and wines to choose from.

The night my boyfriend and I went, he had one of the specials - Chicken Pie in puff pastry. BUT - this wasn't your mother's pot pie! It had lots of mushrooms and a creamy wine sauce. Not lacking in the chicken department either!

I had an awesome Panini - again very flavorful with surprise ingredients!

I can't wait to go back - everyone there is super nice and pleasant. While the menu and the restaurant is on the small side - they've got a BIG heart!! YOU NEED TO TRY THIS PLACE!!!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Fun and yummy great menu, large beer selection for those who like that sort of thing, pleasant and attentative staff.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We LOVE this place!!! This is a great lil place for some craft beer, amazing wine and mouth watering tapas!!! From the owner carol to the bartender Cindy and the chef Paige-you cannot go wrong!!! Everyone is so nice and welcoming!!! We we're there every night!!!! Love love love 13 even!!!!
Tina and Amy

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is a must every time we come to town. Not only is the food great, but the servers are very pleasant and efficient. The drink menu is extensive even though the food menu is small. We've tasted pretty much everything on the menu and our favorites are the shrimp avocado salad, the pear blue cheese salad, the watermelon pork belly, of course the mac and cheese with bacon (never too much bacon!) the skirt steak, etc. I could go on and on, as I don't think there's a bad dish on the menu. I also love that the tables are recycled pallets, the light fixtures are the metal bands from wine barrels, and the art work is visually very interesting. I love the idea of small plates, as you can order just enough or enough to share.