“Casual atmosphere, small plates and wine at a reasonable cost”
Review of 13 Even - CLOSED

13 Even
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: 13|EVEN is an intimate restaurant located in Wilton Manors, FL ~ just minutes from Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Our delicious small plate menu is complimented with a selection of 40+ craft beers and 40+ wines-by-the-glass.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Cozy Wilton Drive restaurant and bar. Run by very friendly owners who serve up excellent small plates, especially considering the tiny kitchen. We sat at the bar and had very good service, including good descriptions of the menu as well as recommendations on wine choices. Wines are reasonably-priced makes this a "find" in this or any neighborhood. Great happy hour as well. We'll be back very soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Not my first time here, but my first review. This is a tapa's place and a good place to go with a small group of friends (its not really big enough for a really large group). Very diverse crowd with good energy, but it can also get loud.

Shared 4-5 dishes with my friend, including the shrimp/avocado, stuffed Portobello, skirt steak, a special with pork and avocado on French bread. All were really good and was enough to fill us up without breaking the bank.

They have a good wine list and are reasonably priced. The tapas are also not ridiculously priced like you can see at some places.

My only disappointment was the dessert. We split a peanut butter chocolate thing and while it was good, it needed to be at room temperature, it was cold and hard to get out of the small dish (they do shot type glasses, like you find at Seasons 52).

Overall, good service, attentive, but not pushy. Its a great neighborhood place to go to on most any night out.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Been here three times within the last three weeks. That is saying a great deal since there are so many options around Wilton Manors / Fort Lauderdale. It's great to go with friends and order a couple of different options and share or order your own dishes. Food is amazingly fresh and can't beat the flavors of any of it. The price and the staff cannot be beat. Always feel welcome and at the end of the meal you will always hear "that's it?" when the check arrives. I love my new local hot spot.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Our 1st visit here was just for dessert and coffee. We were struck by the warm vibe and the fact that, in this LGBT neighborhood that is mainly oriented toward gay men, there were actually a lot of women in this place. Once alerted by our server that it was our 1st visit and we were from out of town (St. Petersburg FL), one of the owners, Nancy, stopped by our table to welcome us and tell us the story of the place. We quickly felt like insiders! Another Nancy, of Nancy's Cakes, provided what are provocatively called dessert shots. Imagine a small glass container filled with delectable delights such as key lime pie, chocolate brownie & caramel, carrot cake and peanut butter/chocolate mousse. Oh, my! We loved this place so much we went back the next day for lunch, sampling their Miami-made empanadas (apparently the only tapas item they don't make themselves) and the pork belly and watermelon. Plus a couple more dessert shots, of course. Whether you go here for the food or the atmosphere, you won't be disappointed. It's a jewel of a place!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

A friend of mine Steve recommended this funky little restaurant after he built it out for the current owners. After him raving about the place, I just had to try it!

What a great surprise! Tasty and unusual small plates at a great price - and lots of crafts beers and wines to choose from.

The night my boyfriend and I went, he had one of the specials - Chicken Pie in puff pastry. BUT - this wasn't your mother's pot pie! It had lots of mushrooms and a creamy wine sauce. Not lacking in the chicken department either!

I had an awesome Panini - again very flavorful with surprise ingredients!

I can't wait to go back - everyone there is super nice and pleasant. While the menu and the restaurant is on the small side - they've got a BIG heart!! YOU NEED TO TRY THIS PLACE!!!