“Awesome, again!”

The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa
Reviewed 25 May 2012

went to Fort Lauderdale for a short trip and stay in The Cabanas, of course i had a great time. The staff always nice and my room was perfect! The only thing i would update are the "green" towels, for the rest the best place to stay in Fort Lauderdale. Good job guys hope to come back soon :D

Reviewed 24 May 2012

We both stayed here for 4 nights last year and loved this place and we came again in May for a short break to escape London for 4 nights. We stayed in the one bedroom suite (room 12) and this was a fantastic treat. The unit is more like a one bedroom house with its own terrace that over looks the water way. Big bathroom, great kitchen (not that we used it) comfortable bed and a wonderful living area/space with big TV and sofas.

All the facilities here are great too there is a swimming pool with sun loungers and a smaller additional pool around the side of the property.

The entire property is surrounded by well maintained gardens and lots of tropical plants and palm trees too. Its a real oasis.

If you travelling alone then its great to as we have always found the other guests friendly.

Staff are welcoming too and very attentive.

We never found parking a problem as there is always space to park in the spa car park just next door to the property.

The Cabanas is just a short walk from the area in Wilton Manors where the bars are so it was easy enough to get a taxi back after a great night out.

I really want to come back again this year (November) but I just have to get the time off work!

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms here are of a good standard we stayed in a standard room last year and the o...
Reviewed 22 May 2012

The Cabanas Guesthouse is a Lido deck plucked off an amazing gay cruise. The staff was helpful, extremely accommodating and most importantly, genuine. From the time we checked in, my partner and I felt like the staff genuinely wanted us to enjoy our stay. Our room overlooked the river and provided all the comforts of home while maintaining a carefree "Beachy" ambiance. The continental breakfast was perfect for the eager visitor looking to grab a bite on the go and start the day exploring the city. We took advantage of the onsite spa and had several services. Each member of the Spa staff was knowledgeable, friendly and seemed to be masters of their specific areas of expertise. The location was perfect and provided easy access to all the local attractions. We are lifetime members of the Cabanas family now and plan to stay there again and again!

Reviewed 3 May 2012

The Cabanas are a solid mid-range choice for gay guesthouse / resort in the FLL area. Just a few things to keep in mind.....(1) most of the parking is within the confines of the "clothing optional" area. There are a few spaces outside the confines that you can use if the interior parking is full...(2) the place was clean; however, one set of sheets had a strong bleach odor. (3) the furnishings within the units are somewhat basic, and it would be nice if they would provide a small dresser, or better shelving for use by guests....(4) my unit had only a shower which was not a problem for me personally. The salt water pool was a pleasure. It is partly shaded so you could vary your sun exposure to suit. The hot tub was kept nice and warm. There is a bit of road noise during the day near the salt water pool. This subsides at night.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This nicely-situated (close to everything in Wilton Manors, but out of the bustle of Ft. Lauderdale) guesthouse and spa is an excellent choice for gay travelers coming to South Florida.

The property is beautifully placed on the bank of the Middle River waterfront, with many of the rooms opening onto private decks overlooking the water. Rooms are nice-sized and VERY well-appointed, more like a boutique hotel than a typical gay guesthouse. Focal point of the cluster of guest rooms is the central heated pool that is fed by four gently coursing fountain jets.

But what makes a visit to the Cabanas really special is the superior staff and wonderfully welcoming management. Here you really feel like a guest, and not just a customer. Everyone on the staff is smiling, friendly and helpful, and by the time your visit ends, I am sure you will have the same reaction I did--this will be my home base in South Florida on any trips I make in the future, and I will CERTAINLY be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, but the rooms that line the waterfront are extra special and have a romantic...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Great location! Most of the other Ft Lauderdale guesthouses are closer to Sebastian St Beach, but this is the only one within walking distance of the Wilton Manors nightlife. John, the owner, was very nice and attentive. There was always staff on site (during business hours) and they were all very friendly. Grounds were kept clean and the rooms were updated and clean. Plenty of amenities offered for a smaller guest house. Price was pretty competitive. Will continue to recommend!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justin S
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I had a Swe-Thai massage with Alex last week and it was about as close to perfect as a massage can get. Alex was warm, welcoming and extremely strong. My original request for strong pressure needed to be recalibrated a few painful minutes in. But what bliss for the next 85 or so minutes! Something truly special about Alex's bodywork is the combination of the type of massage you might expect with a significant amount of stretching. I was able to put sunscreen on my entire back myself afterwards! The spa is very comfortable and professional. It is as luxurious as can be expected in a reasonably priced resort like Cabanas. A nice treat is that anyone getting a massage is essentially a day guest at the resort. I was offered full access to all amenities (except the kayaks, for insurance reasons) and Alex gave me a nice tour of the grounds, making sure I was comfortable and oriented. Although I will not likely stay here as I prefer to be nearer to the beach than cityscape, I much appreciate Cabanas's appeal and recommend it highly to anyone wanting access to the bar scene after a day relaxing in a beautiful resort.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
The Big Coconut Guesthouse
#6 of 35 in Fort Lauderdale
Victoria Park
Pineapple Point Guest House and Resort
Pineapple Point Guest House and ...
#1 of 35 in Fort Lauderdale
The Grand Resort and Spa
#2 of 35 in Fort Lauderdale
Ed Lugo Resort
#1 of 1 in Wilton Manors

Been to The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa? Share your experiences!