“Apt #12 is the way to go!”

The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa
Dallas, Texas
“Apt #12 is the way to go!”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I stayed here and had the apt# 12 because the other room was too small to accommodate me and my partner with all the stuff we had since we were staying a few days and wanted to be comfortable. I must say that this apt is very comfortable and clean and cozy- We were thinking for a moment while there that we could live there bc it was that comfortable. The only thing that i saw as a fault were the laundry machine and dryer that didn't work well. A few of the settings did not work and the dryer was not drying the clothes in one cycle, took about 4-5 cycles to dry a small load! This is minor if you do not intend on doing laundry but indeed a very comfy place to stay. Always one of my favorite places to stay (this was our 3rd visit)

Room Tip: Apt 12 or the King Prem Waterfront or Waterfront that faces the canal as oppose to the ones closer t...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Just got back after my 69 stay., Wow room 8 is to die for. King bed, full kitchen right on the water. Cool fast internet and great maid service. David, Paul and John understand what they do and do if very well. I am use to staying at the best. So many other 5 star Guesthouses in Fort Lauderdale charge you 250-300 for what, to have my bed turned down and stay with a bunch of stuck up men. No way. The Cabanas is so relaxed, great men serving great men. Please spend you gay dollars here you will not be sorry. If you like salt water pools sun, and of course the Spa this is your new home. Great Job Cabanas., I have spent 10's of thousands of dollars there and did so without one problem. Thanks so much for reading this.

The Man from Cabana 8

Room Tip: Room 8 is a great room King on the water
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank greekbear45
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 June 2012

There are many gay, clothing optional guesthouses in Wilton Manors to choose from and I did my research and was glad I went with The Cabanas. They were very friendly on the phone when I booked my trip, and from the moment I arrived, until I checked out it was fantastic! The place was spotless, the property well kept, and the staff friendly. What I liked about it was how clean it was!! There is a Men's Spa on the premises which I didn't use unfortunately so I can't say if it was good or not. I would definitely stay here again.

There is a little buggy service that drops you off at the bars at night on Wednesdays through Sundays starting at 8:00pm until bars close. The ride is free and all you have to do is tip the driver. Ask the guys at the front desk for their number.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Stephen A
Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for eight nights and enjoyed our stay greatly. When we first arrived it was raining so hard we were drenched through to our skin. At first I was not sure if we were going to stay the entire time. After the first couple of days the staff won us over. The resort was very relaxing and comfortable. The cleaning staff did a very good job of cleaning and maintaing the rooms. We worked with David in the office the most and he was great, he kept us informed of services and events and was very nice to work but the entire office staff was great. Our room was an afterthought at the resort and the owner even admitted that but said it was one of the next ones to be remodeled but even so the room extremely comfortable.
The positives of the resort was the nice rooms, private and quiet, secured parking, friendly and knowledgable staff. The only thing I would like to see is an afternoon meet and greet type of happy hour. Give all the guests a chance to get to know each other if they want to outside of the pool. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 May 2012

we just returned from a long Memorial day break at the Cabanas. John and his staff are nothing short of OUTSTANDING. The improvements continue. Since our last visit the Cafe was redone, there were new awnings in key areas and as always the place was spotless. The location cannot be beat. We already have our Labor Day trip booked. After 6 stays one might say a place gets tired.....in this case it just gets better.

See you soon
Tom & Joe

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Manville, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My partner and I have stayed at The Cabanas several times and it's always wonderful! The rooms are clean and well kept, the grounds are nicely cared for, and the staff just couldn't be nicer! This trip was no exception. Another nice treat is that the clientelle is also nice! We almost always leave feeling like we've made new friends. Couldn't ask for a better place to stay while visiting Ft Lauderdale! We'll be back again and again...

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed 28 May 2012

allthough I had the badest room, I enjoyed my stay at the cabanas very much! the service personal was great, nice guys, very helpfull and gave even tips where to shop and eat! Good Job boys !!!!
the spa-part is OK, very luxery but not that efficient, my own manicure/pedicure are better then theirs. they need improvement on this part of the business.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank dieudonne60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilton Manors
Royal Palms Resort & Spa
#56 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland P...
#67 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Central Beach
Hotel Lush Royale
Hotel Lush Royale
#11 of 34 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa? Share your experiences!