“Phenomenal”

The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Phenomenal”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Title describes it all. Hubby and I ONLY stay here when we are in So Florida. We have tried the rest but hands down Cabanas is truly THE BEST. Entire staff is friendly, helpful and truly concerned about their guests. The grounds are lush and well taken care of. They have various room types and all are CLEAN!!!! I'm one of those "picky" travelers and I can honestly say I have NOTHING negative to say about the Cabanas.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
CabanaBoy01, Owner at The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Hi Alex, Thank you very much for your continued support of The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa. As we celebrate our 15th year as 1 of Fort Lauderdale's premiere gay men's resort, it is guests like yourself that make it all the more worth while. As a team, we strive each day to insure that all of our guests have a fun and memorable experience while visiting us and pride ourselves on living up to that commitment year after year. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

John Dorry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Somerset, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

One of the best places I've ever stayed,had to add extra day. Owners, staff, and guests all friendly, informative, and very accommodating. A most relaxing atmosphere. Kayaking wore me out, didn't know I could get lost going in a circle, still a worthwhile adventure. Looking forward to my next stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
CabanaBoy01, Owner at The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
HI Roger, Thank you for taking the time to review The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa. Wishing you a very Happy New Year and would think at this writing you are still thinking about that wonderful warm sunny day that you went kayaking now that its freezing cold. I do remember we did have a few laughs about the wrong turn you made that took you off course. We did agree that next time will be sure you have a detailed may. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Just returned from a nice few days at Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa. Kudos to John, David, Paul and the great staff for a wonderful stay! The staff is so friendly and willing to answer questions (John and I joked about my many questions!) that you feel at home.

I love to big heated pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and overall relaxed feel of the resort. Also, great place to sit at the dock and watch the evening sky with a friend. The other guests were great too.

Looking forward to my next visit...thanks guys and Happy New Year! I highly recommend you men head to Cabanas when in Ft. Lauderdale!

Room Tip: Rooms with patios on the canal look nice but our room (#7) was fine.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Guys, Happy New Year and a big Thank You for choosing The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa for your travel needs. I have been living in the Fort Lauderdale area now for over 30 years and never feel inconvenienced when guests call on me or my staff for numerous questions and suggestions as we want everyone to have a wonderful experience while visiting the Fort Lauderdale area. Over the summer we have completed numerous projects at the resort and appreciate the fact that you took the time to notice and let others know.
The season is here and with the extreme cold weather throughout the country we are booking up quickly and would suggest to anyone considering The Cabanas to call us soon.
We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just spent 6 wonderful days at the Cabanas. What an enjoyable stay. Nice resort, very accommodating staff. Great location. The owner John is a great guy. Looking forward to a repeat visit.
Christian

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
CabanaBoy01, Owner at The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Hi Christian, Thank you for your review. It was certainly a pleasure meeting you both at the guesthouse and interacting with you on all your worldly travels. We all wish you a very Happy & Healthy New Year and look forward to seeing you again some time in the future when your travel plans bring you back to the Fort Lauderdale area.

Best Regards,
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I love to stay at the Cabanas when visiting Ft. Lauderdale. The staff is very accommodating from providing information about the locale to making sure rooms are kept clean, servicing bedding, laundry, and making sure the grounds are neat and clean. Professional, well-run establishment. The recent make-overs have really spruced up some of the rooms. Pool areas are always clean. The location is fantastic with Wilton Drive a short cab ride - like 7 bucks - to the west, and the beaches about a mile to the east. I have stayed here multiple times and will continue into the future. Thanks for another great stay guys!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
CabanaBoy01, Owner at The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear C H
Thank you for your recent review and noticing all the enhancements we made over the summer to the property and rooms. We are very proud of what we have achieved over the past 15 years and appreciate the positive feedback we are getting from all of our repeat and new guests alike.
We look forward to seeing you next year and extend a Happy & Healthy Holiday Season to you and all of our extended family and friends around the world.

Owner
UK
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Cabanas Guesthouse for three nights and absolutely loved the place. We were given a friendly welcome and a full walk around the property and we were given an unexpected and free upgrade to a water front room.

The room was spotlessly clean with a fridge and safe.

The free breakfast at Cabanas was simple but more than adequate, with fresh fruit, bagels and Publix yoghurts among the available items in the cafe.

We have stayed at a number of gay properties, many of which are unfriendly, pretentious, tacky and offer bad value for money...The cabanas was absolutely none of those things and we will definitely be staying there again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
CabanaBoy01, Owner at The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Hi Guys, Thank you for the favorable review of our award winning Gay's Men's Clothing Optional Resort. As many of our guests have come to realize we are only 1 of a handful of gay owned and operated guesthouses remaining in the Fort Lauderdale area as many have been sold in recent years and are no longer male only. Our entire staff takes pride at The Cabanas to insure that every guest is made to feel not only welcomed but special in everyway. We are always there to assist in anyway possible. As owner I have always believed in treating the guests as I would like to be treated when I am traveling. If we can offer a complimentary upgrade at check in we are happy to do so. Wishing you and all of our family and friends a Joyous and Happy Holiday Season.

Owner
NYC
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Upon my late arrival, my cabana was all set up like they promised me. Next morning checked in with ease. The online pictures were very accurate. The pool, hot tube everything was just like the pics. I stood 3 nights the best stay ever. I will be back to Florida very soon and will be staying at the cabanas.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review of The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa. As we just celebrated 15 wonderful years as one of Fort Lauderdale's premier clothing optional gay men's resort it's guests like yourself and the many others that we have come to befriend and thank over the years. We look forward to your next visit when your travel plans bring you to the Fort Lauderdale/Wilton Manors area.

John Dorry/Owner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilton Manors
Royal Palms Resort & Spa
#58 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland P...
#67 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Central Beach
Hotel Lush Royale
Hotel Lush Royale
#11 of 34 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa? Share your experiences!