“Gay guest house with fabulous suites impresses !”

The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa
Scranton, PA
“Gay guest house with fabulous suites impresses !”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was in Ft. Lauderdale on business and spent two marvelous nights in a beautiful, large, well decorated suite. The grounds, pools, jacuzzis and other amenities are very well maintained, the staff is super friendly and helpful. Best of all, the proximity to the gay bars, fine eateries, shopping either by foot, car or taxi cab is quite favorable and inexpensive. The Wilton Manors enclave in the center of Ft. Lauderdale is quite the destination, with the perfect spring climate and places like the Cabanas to relax, frolic or lounge and an inviting strip to wet your whistle, it's a gay man's paradise on earth.

Room Tip: No fitness center or room service, but not a deal breaker for this type of destination. A Whole Foo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CabanaBoy01, Owner at The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review of The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa. Regardless of business or pleasure our resort is centrally located in the heart of Gay Fort Lauderdale on a beautiful stretch of The New River and offers a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Our goal is to assure every guest needs are met and you leave us with a memorable experience. Although we do not have a gym on the premises, we do offer discounted passes to our local gay gym just minutes away in the heart of our downtown area. We also offer a Room Service Menu that is provided by Order Inn a respectable Hospitality Service Company that has received very good ratings from our guests that have used the service. Again thank you for your compliments of our resort and spa. We look forward to hosting you again sometime in the future.

John

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My partner and I have both been working too hard and needed a break. We booked The Cabanas for Easter weekend to get away and relax. The resort did not disappoint. We had a very large room overlooking the canal. The property is well maintained and the two pools and hot tub were just what we needed to relax. The spa attached to the property provided amazing massages for the first day of our stay. The staff is great and it is close enough to Wilton Drive to walk and only a 30-40 minute drive to Haulover Beach.

Room Tip: Room 14 was very large with a private small deck overlooking the canal.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
CabanaBoy01, Owner at The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
At the Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa, we go out of our way to ensure everyone has a great stay and enjoys their time with us. Thank you for sharing yours. It's been a very busy season with the artic weather throughout the country. Spring and Summer are here or just around the corner. If you looking to escape for a week or just a long weekend be sure to check out our "Summer Specials" good from June-October. Thank you once again for choosing The Cabanas Guesthouse for your travel needs.

Montreal, Québec
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My bf and I stayed in a suite which was a really nice and very clean 1 bedroom apartment with a fantastic terrace having a perfect view on the canal. The grounds of the property are really nice, lots of lush! The staff was great too. 2 pools, 1 jacuzzi, 1 steam room, kayaks for the canals, bikes to go to the beach, as well as a complete spa on the premises. Breakfast (minimal) was also included. I have been to other gay resorts in Fort Lauderdale much more party oriented... If it is what you are looking for not the place but if you just want to relax with your boyfriend, perfect!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dommtl
Guys; Thank you for reviewing The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa. We are delighted that you had a wonderful time with us during your stay. Our 1 bedroom unit is certainly beautiful as you described with breathtaking waterway views and the large deck. Not to mention the very handy washer and dryer. We look forward to your next visit at one of the few remaining all male clothing optional resorts in Fort Lauderdale.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed at the Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa on the 24th March for a few days and loved every minute of it.

After driving up from Miami in traffic the Cabanas was a welcoming oasis of calm and relaxation. You are immediately made to feel welcome and the checking was painless.

I was staying in room 18 which was very comfortable, a good size and quiet.

The property is extremely well maintained, clean and having constant attention being paid to it - both in the buildings and the gardens.

The room was spotless, smelt very clean and had both zircon and a fan. The bed was extremely comfortable and the sheets of very good quality. The room also had coffee facilities, iron, microwave, mini fridge and a small safe for valuables.

I have to say - this is the perfect place to stay. Its a clothing optional guesthouse but you don't feel uncomfortable whether clothed or not. There's not pressure either way. There are two pool to jump in to - though the weather wasn't quite baking to temp anyone in to the unheated pool during my stay. More guys chill out either around the hot tub or the heater main pool - which was of a good size. There were plenty of loungers to go around - even when day guests visited the property. A friendly atmosphere surrounds the place and its not long before you find yourself in conversation - but not so intrusive that you can't have 'own time'.

The property is also home to its own day men's spa which offers a range of treatments - had a fantastic shoulder / back & neck massage on the day I left when put me in good stead for the long flight back to London.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time here. Fort Lauderdale isn't a party mecca, which was perfect for me - and the Cabanas allowed me to recharge before what will be a busy year. The crowd is slightly older so might not suit the party animal.....but then there's something for everyone!

I would highly recommend this property. Go for it!

Room Tip: I was in room 18 which was great.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
CabanaBoy01, Owner at The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hi F. Thank you for reviewing our award winning guesthouse, we certainly appreciate your kind words and compliments on the resort. Having spent several days with us you always seemed to be enjoying yourself either talking to other guests or chatting with the staff including myself. That is what we pride ourselves on here at The Cabanas. The pictures are very nice and helpful to others as well when they are deciding on a certain property. We look forward to seeing you again soon when your travels bring you back to Fort Lauderdale.

Stockholm
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We spent 10 days there. They placed us in room 3, which was noisy. Then we were moved to room 17. The room was small, the air conditioner was noisy so we could not use it during the night. Breakfast was very limited. Overall it was too expensive.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank travelers_Solna
CabanaBoy01, Owner at The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thank you for reviewing The Cabanas Guesthouse. I must say that we did everything possible to accommodate you during your visit to The Cabanas. You were unhappy with #3 because it is our first room when you enter the property. The problem was that you did not use the Air Conditioner and therefore could here some noise. Also when you did mention this to us, we moved several other guests around so that you would be more comfortable in a different room and we also adjusted your room rate as well. At the time you thanked us several times and appeared very happy. I am not sure by what you mean that the room was small as the queen room which is our standard room and quite nice by many accounts. Our continental breakfast far exceeds many other resorts and expectations as it is a continental breakfast with a large variety of items. If there was something special you expected, we would have certainly tried to make them available for you. As you can see by many of the other reviews, we go out of our way to make sure that every guest is happy and that they enjoy their visit. Our rates are very competitive with others in the area and do apologize if we did not meet your expectations.

Bellmawr, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The Cabanas is a wonderful place very clean neat and the staff is very friendly. I stayed in January and now I am going back in April I am sure I will enjoy my stay again. stay tuned for the next chapter. the only thing missing is a fitness center

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Hi Tony, Thank you for taking the time to review our guesthouse. We appreciate your continued support and look forward to seeing you again in April.

South Kingstown, Rhode Island
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Once again I returned to the Cabanas Resort for a March vacation. This time was the best vacation experience I have had there. The place looks great inside and out, They have put a lot of time and effort into improving the look of the rooms and the grounds. The staff could not be more helpful and pleasant that only enriched my vacation. The Cabanas was sold out and the guests were so muct fun to get to know, one of the best group of guests since I have been staying at the Cabanas.
If you want a vacation that can be either quiet or busy, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Book early!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Philip, Thank you for your review. I was just reviewing our tremendous list of repeat guests and noticed the first time we met was in 2006. Wow how the time has flown by as we are now in our 15th year. I'm sure over the years you have noticed tremendous changes around the resort and appreciate the fact that you have shared that with us. We always enjoy seeing you guys and have so many laughs while you are here. This year was no exception and I personally thank you for all the support you gave the staff as I was able to take a long needed vacation during part of your stay. I'm sure you will agree that while I may be seldom absent, our entire staff treats our guests and resort like it's there's. Thank you again for your many years of continued support, we are so happy that you had a fabulous vacation. We can't wait see you next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilton Manors
The Worthington Guest House
#3 of 34 in Fort Lauderdale
Victoria Park
Pineapple Point Guest House and Resort
Pineapple Point Guest House and ...
#1 of 34 in Fort Lauderdale
Central Beach
Cheston House Gay Resort
Cheston House Gay Resort
#17 of 34 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa? Share your experiences!