“Amazing Experience!”
Review of Oscar's Tea Room and Gift Shop - CLOSED

Oscar's Tea Room and Gift Shop
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a simple English tea room which also sells gifts and interior items displayed all around the room .we serve different sandwiches , pies , quiche , salads , specials of the day . We are well known for afternoon tea which is served all day long subject to availability and needs a reservation at all times our desserts are amazing which have a huge following . All the food is cooked on the premises and is presented in an artistic way .This is a place to relax and have fun especially if you are part of a private party . We do big parties up to 60 people for bridal showers , baby showers , weddings and other special occasions subject to availability as we get booked in advance please don't leave it too late to book us for your special occasion . We also serve a great selection of wines and of coarse French champagne and beers too . All the food is served on fine English China which is from Stoke-on-Trent , Staffordshire , England . Oscars is a place to relax for sure , so please come in and try us out , just give us a call before travelling . Thank you for your time and interest , enjoy the rest of your day .
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My daughter found out about Oscar's Tearoom & Gift Shop through a report on Channel 7 She wanted to visit this place for weeks and we finally made it on a Sunday afternoon. What a lovely time we had! The restaurant is absolutely cute: chandeliers, curtains, linen tablecloths, fine china... Lets not forget the two British Royal Guards that will welcome you at the entrance.
We had the quiche with the salad - perfect; also the the ham and cheese pie - yummy. The bread and butter pudding and the chocolate and orange cake - to die for! The tea selection is amazing!
The best thing of all... Craig and Kevin Ashdown - the owners. What absolutely delightful people! We had the opportunity to chat for awhile and it has been our honor and truly pleasure to meet them and see the kind of love they have for what they do.
If you are in the area, or even if you have to drive 40+ miles like we did, go and visit this establishment, you will not regret it. It is a small piece of England that offers patrons the possibility to relax and enjoy a lovely cup of tea.
We will soon make reservations to enjoy their Royal Tea experience... and you should too!

3  Thank OPSilver

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Wow! What a fabulous find! A few friends and I went to Oscar's Tea Room, on a good recommendation.
A real English Tea Room run by Craig and Kevin, from England. The food was excellent to say the least. Craig prepares different delicious presentations every day. The desserts are to die for.....I thought Bread Pudding was a simple dish....Craig turned it into a master piece ......crust was delish.......the ham and cheese quiche' was purrrfect.
We loved the atmosphere and all the "goodies' that were decor, that you could purchase. I see someone else was impressed with the bathrooms.....I won't say, Surprise!...
The fact that Kevin did not rush us, was a treat in its self....we spent 2 1/2 hours there, enjoying ourselves and being entertained by Kevin. It located at the 5 points in Wilton Manors, as Kevin says, AT THE ORIENT EXPRESS (railroad tracks) IN THE WILTON STATION BUILDING, with plenty of free parking behind the building.
Impress your friends and treat them to some extra ordinary for a fair price.
we are going back next week......

3  Thank Joyous B
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Oscar's Tea Room setting is a visual delight. The quiche plate I had was as well. The shock came with the check: $9.90 for the double espresso I ordered. I'd never know I was sipping an espresso.
Not the taste I'm used to daily at home and in cafes on four continents. When I inquired about the absent natural "crema" the waiter had no idea what I was talking about. About the price: "We get our coffee from England." I didn't suggest that they try Illy, for instance.

1  Thank ballsyjim
Reviewed 11 April 2014

From the moment you enter this eclectic tearoom, you feel happy and welcomed. The owners are so sweet and funny and they just want to make you happy, and it shows. The first thing they tell you is take a deep breath and relax, and you do. The food is excellent and plentiful, the scones are exactly what they should be and the tea is pure English!. One of the owners does psyhcic readings as well. I will be returning again and again, and will reccomend this charming little tearoom to my friends.

3  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Forget everything you know about a Tea Room; this is THE dining experience you MUST try.

Craig and Kevin have created an oasis of true home cooking and style at its very best. This is no ordinary tea room and if you are looking for a quick "cuppa" tea or coffee, then this is not the place for you.

Here tea, coffee (or wine) is served with style and elegance. Tea and coffee is not served in plastic beakers, but traditional English porcelain cups. Tea is made in a pot; just the way mother taught me. All tables have dining clothes or you can enjoy a tea and chat on the sofa or armchairs.

We have been here for lunch, afternoon tea and High Tea. The cakes are to die for and their homemade quiche beats anything that a five star hotel could offer and at half the price.

Our favorite is High Tea; the portions are very generous - you will not go away hungry. For those who prefer a glass of wine with their meal; there is a large choice with a glass costing much cheaper than other local restaurants.

Parking is available behind the restaurant. Before you leave, you must visit the restroom. An unusual thing to recommend, but Oscars does not have ordinary restrooms!

Do not expect to be rushed unlike other places. There choice of teas is very extensive, although we prefer "propa" English tea - PG Tips. For our afternoon tea visit, we enjoyed a selection of beautifully presented and cut sandwiches and different types of scones.

If you are looking for something different, but special (and like being pampered) then this is the place for you.

12  Thank stelondon