“Didn't Even Stay to Eat”

Las Colinas Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 83 Restaurants in Wilton Manors
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Cuisines: Latin, Cuban, Caribbean, Spanish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Didn't Even Stay to Eat”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

RUDE! My co-workers and I walked in just to ask for a menu and the supposed hostess at the front totally disregarded us. She didn't great us...she didn't eve crack a smile.

We stood there for like 4 minutes waiting for someone to acknowledge us all the while other customers were being waited on and seated. I turned around and walked out. I didn't even care to see if my co-workers were with me or not. I don't know how the food tastes and I don't think I'll ever care to try it out.

This is a "check it out yourself and see" review. I believe in initial impressions and I was NOT impressed.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Sandy M

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

Love the sandwiches and the ox tail is fantastic! Owner is very Nice, and has given me a taste of something new twice now! Decor could use a little sprucing up, but overall I highly recommend it!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Cheap home cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

If you like great comfort food, reasonable prices, and an unpretentious atmosphere, this place is for you. It's a small neighborhood place in Wilton Manors, with a regular clientele. The portions are big, and the food is delicious!

• Visited January 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Real Cuban Real Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

This is a local place off the beaten path of all the tourist.. I love the Cuban sandwich here and the and the papa releno forgive the misspelled Spanish.

I been here a dozen times and never been disappointed, If you like things spicy don't forget to ask for their home made hot sauce.

Prices are pretty good here too.

• Visited January 2013
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Great Cuban Restaurant, Reasonable prices, Large Portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

Believe it or not, a waitress in a Greek restaurant who happened to be of Cuban background recommended this restaurant to us. My wife and I went there for dinner and we were not disappointed. I did check the TripAdvisor reviews before venturing out and found that they were very positive.

As others have stated, the restaurant is in a strip mall. Program your GPS and you will have no problems finding it. Decor is "hole in the wall" local restaurant but that's fine with us.

My wife ordered the lamb shank (special item of the day), dirty rice and fried yucca. It was very good. It would have been excellent except that the lamb shank was too salty. She rinsed it in some hot water and that worked OK.

I had beef fried with onions and peppers, dirty rice and plantanos fritos. Again, all very good but the beef was also a little too salty. Very edible but too salty.

The table next to us ordered lentil soup and Cuban sandwiches. They were very happy with their order.

Our dinner for two came to about $25. It would have been about half that in Union City, New Jersey but the cost of restaurants in Fort Lauderdale is higher. I have no complaints.

Restrooms OK. Acceptable.

Staff very friendly and accommodating. For example, my wife wanted some extra hot water to rinse her lamb and the waitress provided this without any delay.

Highly recommended.