“The best B&B”

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The best B&B”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Thia places the best quality B&B to stay in Wilton Manors
The place was immaculate ,the hosts Ed and his staff were gracious and professional
I felt like a true guest and the location is so convenient to the wonderful gay nightlife of WILMA and also close to the beach
All the other B&B's in town do not compare with Ed Lugo and I have stayed in all of them over the years !

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank tlog

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Ed Lugo is a wonderfully friendly guy, and makes his guests feel very welcome in his resort. We were offered a glass of wine on arrival, as well as advice on which restaurants to eat at and where to go out.

We stayed in the pool side cottage, which had 2 bedrooms and in our opinion was the best one to ask for (if your party has more than 2 people). Bed linens and towels were very high quality, as well as the mattresses

The free beers, soft drinks, coffee, snacks and wifi all contribute to lovely 5 star service at 4 star prices!

• Stayed November 2011
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I was in town on entertainment business and was strained by my earlier week on the East Coast. When I came to The Ed Lugo Resort, it was as if all of that had been wiped away.

His attention to detail including the beautiful flowers in the suite, amenities in the kitchen and bath as well as Lourdes' warm welcome meant much to me.

Ed himself honored me, having Googled me and knew of my career and things I had said in interviews...I'm saying this only because it is a very specific example of the care he obviously puts ito all of his guests. Not just myself (I'm not that famous, really.)

When I had snags in my travel, they lent local expertise.
Truly, if you don't want to feel like just a number, enjoy professionalism and comfort then this is where you want to be in Ft Lauderdale.

I worked in the hotel industry for years. This resort is a real find.
It's also perfectly located...I didn't need to rent a car!

Room Tip: My suite had 2 bedrooms and a day bed in a rear alcove. It could easily sleep 2 couples +1 a good ch...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Ed and Lourdes made us feel like family. They were wonderful and were attentive to our every need and have become our friends. It feels like being at home rather than in an impersonal hotel or resort.

The resort is beautiful, well maintained and the area is so much fun. Everything (except the beach!!) is within a very short walk. We are going back again and again

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2011

My husband & I just returned from our honeymoon stay in villa 2406 (2 bedroom, full kitchen, dining & living room areas). We really couldn't be any happier with our experience there. I found it while researching online and emailed the resort back in February before booking to ask if we could bring my small dog. I received a quick response with a friendly message from Ed giving his permission. Upon checking in, Ed greeted us with a glass of wine and chit chat. The office is decorated beautifully with fresh flowers everywhere. Ed was warm and genuine, offering up reccommendations for nearby restaurants. He introduced us to Lourdes, who showed us around the pool area & to our villa located about 5 steps from the pool- it is absolutely gorgeous! Especially at night, the pictures & reviews do not lie. The decor inside the villa was boutique-like, tastefully done and very nice. There were fresh flowers throughout, robes, chocolates, complimentary snacks & drinks, a nice display of chilled champagne with glasses and chocolate dipped strawberries. The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you'd need to cook in. The first night we used thier outdoor grill & had dinner on the back patio, which was beautiful. The heated pool is lit up very nicely at night, and paired with the waterfall & exotic foilage everywhere, it is simply stunning. Everything screams romance and relaxation! We spent time lounging in the hammock & hottub. We also pretty much had the pool to ourselves most of the time, which was great because I could have been perfectly content never leaving this property during our entire honeymoon. A nice touch is their outdoor shower made private by more trees & various foilage. Lourdes took great care of us, checking on us daily, bringing extra towels, etc. Although we refused daily housekeeping, it was offered to us. She even offered to walk our dog! There was someone on the property 24/7 if we needed anything. This place is so uniquely private & so close to everything at the same time. We reccommend visiting Le Patio restaurant if you're looking for a romantic dinner out, a 5 minute walk from the resort (amongst various other close by restaurants). There are plenty of things to do in town & the resort is a 10 minute drive from the beach as well. All in all, we loved this place & will be back. The value, hospitality and personalized touches you get for the price can't be matched. While coming home yesterday (we live on the other coast), we had driven about an hour when I realized I left some clothes in our unit by mistake. We called Ed & he kindly offered to mail them to us. If you are considering this place for a private getaway with your significant other, DO IT! You won't be disappointed. I highly reccommend 2406 for it's amenities and location by the pool. You could comfortably have 2 couples stay in this unit without it being too cramped, which is exactly what we hope to do in the future. Thanks again Ed & Lourdes! You guys are wonderful hosts!

Room Tip: Villa 2406 was the perfect location right off the pool & served our needs perfectly.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rachel W
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Stayed for a long weekend, was gorgeous! Above and beyond what I expected. Ed and Lourdes couldn't have been friendlier!

• Stayed November 2011
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed 13 November 2011

The most beautiful resort in Wilton Manors.
Ed is so nice and helpful the area is nice close to shopping malls and restaurants. the resort is quiet and feels like if you are at home. if you want to have a nice getaway place this is it! Romantic, Small and Quiet! Thank you Ed for everything!..... By the way if you are checking in late make sure to let them know .................

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilton Manors
Victoria Park
The Victoria Park Hotel
The Victoria Park Hotel
#3 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland P...
#69 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Island Sands Inn
#1 of 2 in Wilton Manors
The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa
#1 of 3 in Wilton Manors
Inn on the Drive LLC
#2 of 2 in Wilton Manors
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Be...
#1 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Ed Lugo Resort? Share your experiences!