“A Little Piece of Heaven in Fort Lauderdale !”
Review of Ed Lugo Resort

Ed Lugo Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wilton Manors
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We picked the Ed Lugo Resort from the great photography on the website and we were not disappointed ! We stayed 2 weeks and it was like staying at a friends smart home. The welcome and the level of courtesy were sublime. Both Ed (the owner) and Coleen were perfect hosts who made sure our vacation was peaceful and relaxing. You can walk into Wilton Manors for a great selection of bars and restaurants, and Ed gives you vouchers for the gym across the street which is great. The gardens are a tropical paradise where you can peacefully rewind and enjoy the flora and fauna around the pool or lying in a hammock ! We stayed in Deluxe Room A which had a great big bathroom and a seperate area with Fridge, Coffee maker and Microwave. They also leave you complimentary sodas and snacks each day and beach towels replinished daily, In short, we left rejuvinised and would recommend to anyone wanting a little peace of heaven in Fort Lauderdale.

Room Tip: The rooms around the pool area are a good choice !
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart L
There are newer reviews for Ed Lugo Resort

Reviewed 3 September 2013

While planning our family vacation to Florida this year, I turned to Trip Advisor, found the Ed Lugo Resort and was very impressed with the reviews. Finally booked the travel and was VERY happy with the resport! I loved everything about this resort! The villa we stayed in (Villa 2425) was beautiful and spacious with a huge private backyard. I had the opportunity to see the other villa's and they're ALL beautiful!! Ed takes great pride in his resort and it truly shows! The pool area is to die for...you will feel very spoiled! Ed and his staff are wonderful! ....I am very picky about customer service, and I must say...the customer service at the Ed Lugo Resort is second to none!...attention to detail, complimentary snacks, water and soda, beach chairs and umbrellas... does not get any better! ...and if you can't find what you need, Ed and his staff are right there to make it happen! Can't say enough about this resort... I highly recommend it...you will not be sorry! :) (I miss it already!!)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I had an overnight in-town experience at this quaint little hotel property. It is nestled in the beautiful area of Wilton Manors, Fort Lauderdale and is just a leisurely walk or short drive away from enjoyable neighborhood restaurants (there is no on-site dining, but the rooms have a fridge should you purchase anything that requires refrigeration). The staff greeted me with such a friendly and warm welcome, and even offered up a delightful glass of white wine while I got settled in!

I was taken on a brief tour of the grounds and escorted to my room to ensure that I had all that I needed for the night before the main office closed. The grounds are lush and tropical, with great detail paid to the rich floral selections and landscaping that creates a very private oasis for the guests. The lagoon pool is just as it is pictured on their website…no photo re-touch gimmicks here I’m happy to say, and a camera picture can't truly capture all of it's beauty in one shot! The lazy hammock and separate hot tub area towards the back of the yard just adds more favorable charm to this lovely space. (Note- this space, like all outdoor tropical escapes, attracts flying insects in the summer months, especially at night, so bring your repellant spray and it will minimize your exposure).

The sleep areas are housed in individual cottages and the rooms are colorful and well-appointed with comfortable pillows and bedding, a snack area (all a part of the room perks…no added charges if you treat yourself to the room snacks), and a clean, spacious bathroom. You are even greeted with chocolates atop your bed! The owner has definitely thought of everything to make the guests feel right at home, creating a charming and personalized experience free of the sometimes overwhelming and impersonal big-resort feel……A great around-town, over-night getaway experience!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2013

From the hospitality to the location to the comfort ... Ed Lugo Resort has it all. Ed and his staff go above and beyond to make sure your every need and want is covered. The grounds are beautiful and centrally located within walking distance to just about everything in Wilton Manors. We've stayed there three times now and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Deluxe Bedroom A, Villa 2404 and Villa 2406 are all 'poolside' accommodations.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Second time staying here, can beat the location, spacious accommodations and great service.
I will definetley stay here again when I travel to the area and would not hesitate to recommend it to friends...

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank faarias
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I stayed for eight nights in April...my Mom had just passed, although, I had already had a "bungalow" reserved...I had my own private bungalow and even a private back yard with outdoor furniture. everything was top notch...the pool...OMG...the clubs in Wilton Manors are a 2-5 minute walk away...btw the clubs are also amazing restaurants...Georges Alibi...was my favorite place...the food was superb...the island salad and pita points with hummus, and sautéed vegetables...my favorite. Ed and his staff...made me feel like family...if you want to do the beach thing in the daytime and hit the clubs and restaurants in the evening...there is no place like this...the pool with the waterfall after a late evening...PERFECTION...perfect always works for me!!
Doug Penn

Room Tip: Traveling solo or with your partner...just call...trust me
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Doug41313
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Hi Ed, I'm not sure if you remember me or not. I stayed at your resort during the weekend of February 9th with my boyfriend and another couple.
I wanted to thank you so much for your great hospitality.
Not only was your resort beautiful from beginning to end, the hospitality was truly exceptional. You really personalized your service for us and we all wanted to say how much we appreciate it. We all had an amazing time. Thank You!

• Stayed: February 2013
The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa
#1 of 3 in Wilton Manors
Inn on the Drive LLC
#2 of 2 in Wilton Manors

Been to Ed Lugo Resort? Share your experiences!