Palisades Resort
US$116
TownePlace Suites
US$95
SpringHill Suites
Red Roof Inn Orlando West - Ocoee(Ocoee)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$86
Red Roof
US$124
US$89
All reviewsmaster bedroomwasher and dryerfull kitchenmovie roomhot tubpool sidecondosaunasuiteorlandoparkstheatrebalconiesthemeplatinumgroceryepcot
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We stayed at the resort the week of June 9th. My family and I were very surprised by how nice the resort was. The look and feel was very modern and luxurious. Parking is wonderful, there is a parking garage underneath the resort (it is a bit tight in spots if you have a large vehicle). I liked how the resort was off the main street of 192 and set back in a quiet area. The resort is about 5 miles away from Disney World.

We had the 2 bedroom suite. The bedrooms and bathrooms are large. I liked how the 2nd bedroom was on the other side of the suite so the kids could play and not disturb my husband and me, while we watched TV or listened to music. The balcony outside of the suite was large and screen covered. It was great sitting there enjoying the wooded view we had.

It was great having the washer and dryer. The kitchen was nice too. I wish they had a few things like measuring cups, a roasting pan, a few mixing bowls, a pizza pan, a pizza cutter, and an electric can opener. If they add these things the kitchen would be perfect and would take Palisades’ grade to an A-.

The continental breakfast could have been a lot better. Prepackaged items just don’t fit the image of such a nice resort. If they had a continental breakfast set up, for example, like Holiday Inn Express, it would have been much better. It would have given the guests a nicer atmosphere to mingle. This would have made Palisades’ grade an A.

I had read earlier reviews about the mattresses in the master bedroom being very noisy and uncomfortable. It is true! Despite that, I was able to get a decent night’s sleep. I hope they fix the mattress issue soon. We did talk to the front desk about that and it sounds like management will eventually take care of the issue. We had room 426; the carpet could use a cleaning in certain areas (stains). If the room did not have the mattress and carpet issue then I would give Palisades Resort an A+.

The amenities at the resort were very nice. We used the pool and my husband used the workout room every day.

They have their own mini movie theater. The movies that they had listed, we already had seen. But if we stayed longer, I'm sure we would have selected a movie and used the theater.

Overall we had a great experience. I would definitely stay there again. I have already recommended The Palisades Resort to several friends that are looking for accommodations in the Orlando area that are close to Disney World.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KirstyBGB
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I had a pleasant stay this passed weekend with my husband..! I definitely recommend this place..! suites were huge, nice and clean.. Pool area was beautiful, parking was grate and safe, free continental breakfast, everything is so close to the area, staff were nice. the only thing I will recommend and its not a big deal will be Wi-Fi connection, but that really for us wasn't necessary :) 5 stars..!!! I will come back.! thank you so much Palisades!!!

Room Tip: ask for rooms in the 4th Floor :)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Idamaris R
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay here. Our first stay was in 2011 and was an excellent experience. This time was still nice overall, but not as good as before. This time when we went to check in our room was not ready, the maid was still cleaning (it was 6pm, seems like our room should've been reAdy by then!!) so we had to go all the way back downstairs and they put us in a different room. Our blinds in the living area were broken and would not close at all. Tried to manually close them, but they wouldn't shut. Kind of felt like we couldn't have any privacy. There was not a clock in the 2nd bedroom (we had a 3 bedroom unit). Their breakfast really needs to be improved. They just don't set out enough food. They had pre-packaged stuff - banana bread, muffins, a few apples & bananas, bagels, and a few yogurts. The problem is when someone eats the yogurts they do not put anymore out in its place. The pool area was nice and quiet. The movies for the theater were not good- Bad selections to choose from! The location is quiet, and has a pretty view in the back from the balcony but pretty far from International Drive area. Closest to Disney property.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank RosemountChick
Palisades14200, General Manager at Palisades Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for selecting us as you place to stay in Orlando. We appreciate the score that you gave us. As you may know everyone always puts their best effort in doing their jobs. As the new management company, your reviews and past reviews, before we took over, help us to do things better. We are committed to surpass previous experiences of guests. We apologize for not being at that point at this time. You saw the things we have to work with and correct. Some things are about preference and that is fair. I hope outside of the hotel you enjoyed this beautiful and magical city. Thank you for helping to make us better.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

At first, I only booked this hotel for 5 days because of the location. It's close to Disney but far from everything else. I figured we could stay at Palisades resort while trying to cram in 4 days of Disney and then we could move on to somewhere else closer to the center of Orlando. After being at Palisades for only 2 or 3 days, I couldn't imagine myself leaving so I booked another 4 days. It's approx. 10 minutes from Disney. Quite a bit further from downtown. We stayed on the 4th floor in a 2 bedroom unit. The unit was clean and freshly painted. The rooms are huge. The bathrooms are nice. The pool is nice. There is a game room on the main floor as well as a movie theater. The place is quiet. I loved it. Parking is wonderful because it's in a parking garage underneath the resort. The only trick is maneuvering tight corners inside the garage but you get used to it. The bed in the master bedroom has seen better days. The springs are sprung and every time you roll over, the bed makes awful noises. I actually grew used to it and still found it comfortable in a strange way. The carpet is slightly stained but tolerable. I think that the flaws made it feel more like home and made it not so high maintenance. I could actually relax in this place. I looked forward to returning to the resort after long, tiring days. They provide you with plenty of towels, toilet paper, and even some dishwasher soap. Most of the staff are incredibly friendly. We only had problems our first night because our phone and internet didn't work. The night staff said they would fix it but didn't so we complained again the following evening and it was fixed within minutes. My kids adored this place as did I. I'll definitely return. For the money, this place is a A+. It's right down the street from 2 grocery stores and a walgreens which I really appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy63501
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I'm not sure how this gets such great reviews. As of May 24th, 2013 they had new management and our stay . . . . awful. We had gotten 3 feet in our condo and I wanted to cry. The carpet is fraying away from the tile floors, leaving exposed tack strips which I stepped on nails more than once. The kitchen was SO dirty I had to spend 2 hours cleaning it and the rags I used to clean it were black when I was done. Some of the outlets didn't work. They offered to place us in a room that had been renovated, but we looked at it and it wasn't much better and would have been a downgrade for us to 2 bedrooms. Plus we would have to repack and move 2 weeks worth of groceries! If you want to trust the other reviews go for it, but I think you'll be disappointed. If you like a CLEAN place, this isn't it. I can tell you I wouldn't live here (rent or buy a place like this), so why would I want to stay here for 13 days?? It was NOISY too! Those that wrote it was quiet, must have been empty while they were here. Also, upon booking I was told it was 15 minutes to Disney, NOT true We know the back roads and it takes longer than 15 minutes. If you take the main roads it's 25 - 30 minutes in traffic (which there always is here). The couch was so disgusting I washed one of the twin comforters and covered the couch with it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DnMC98

Thank you for bringing these absolutely unacceptable conditions to our attention. I have put our facilities department on it. We do have work to do, that is 100% correct. We can't blame the old management company for the condition they left the building in, but what we can do is work very hard to fix what needs to be fixed and maintain whats good and work hard. There are units that need attention and situations that arise we have to be made aware of. Thank you for taking your time to notify us.