Palisades Resort
  • Restaurant
Edgewater Hotel(Winter Garden)
US$111
TripAdvisor
Red Roof Inn Orlando West - Ocoee(Ocoee)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$86
Red Roof
US$150
US$124
US$89
US$108
US$99
All reviewsmaster bedroomwasher and dryerfull kitchenmovie roomhot tubpool sidecondosaunasuiteorlandoparkstheatrebalconiesthemeplatinumgroceryepcot
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

I had an issue due to the site we used to book the room. Jarmaine was extremely helpful and understanding. Now that's a string supervisor he made our stay happen. Welcomed is to come back and revisit which we will be doing. The pace is big, comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this resort for thanksgiving weekend. From the outside the resort looks really small compared to other resorts. We were all riding in my dad's silverado which turned out to be a hassle because the entrance to the parking garage is rather small. Check in was fine there was no hassle there. We arrived at our room, it was really nice and clean. It was a two bedroom both rooms were very spacious. It had a giant balcony that I loved . The only problem was, that the TV wasn't working. It wasn't a problem for me or my mom but my dad and sister just had to have tv. We called front desk and they upgraded us to another room. This room was even more spacious it even had a separate area for the dining table. But before we got into the room we had a difficult time with the keys they provided for us because they weren't working . This would be a constant problem throughout out stay. Once inside my tried to open one of the blinds and it just fell. Thank goodness it missed her, the tv channels aren't great at all they're just random channels I've never even heard of. The phone line in the room was down also. We managed to just look past these things considering we had big days a Disney to look forward to. The rooms were great they just had minor issues. If you're planning on staying here definitely avoid bringing the biggest car you guys own.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Tanialopez
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We have done the Disney World vacation both ways now. We have stayed on Disney property and taken advantage of their dining plan which is amazing.

However. ... the Palisades Resort is close enough to Disney parks without being overwhelmed all the Disney madness.

We had a 2 bedroom unit booked but the tvs in the rooms were not working so we were instantly upgraded to a 3 bedroom condo. The master bedroom is huge with its own balcony door. The bath is massive with a large tub and separate shower.

The living room is comfortable and the unit also has a dining table and stocked kitchen. There is a washer and dryer too. Although there was only three of us in the unit, my son had his choice of room and selected the room with the full size bed.

Palisades also has a good size pool and a wonderful hot tub which we enjoyed during the cold temperatures! The game room was fun too.

We stopped at a Publix for snacks and drinks for the room. The grocery store is only a few minutes away. The negative of staying off properly is having to drive into the parks each day. Parking is $15 per park a day so that can add up. Considering the large condo, If my family ever decides to visit Orlando again, we will definitely choose the Palisades Resort.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jenearp26
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed at palisades for 3 days good location from crowds of Disney .. Grounds and rooms we clean. This is a condo with full access to to everything full kitchen,washer dryer.if I was staying longer I would have stocked up on food, coffee, etc but no big deal... The reason I didn't rate it a 5 is because of the TV can't say it was good, it sucked I think I got 4 stations and they faded in and out. Thank god I got wifi signal it was weak at time but it was better then the Tv reception. I stayed in room 225 which is last room before elevator which is were the wifi hookup is so that's why I got it. Also the design of wood frame around the bed is oversized there for when you walk by it and your not paying attention or in the dark your going to whack your shins which I did 4 times in 3 days. Jackie at was wonderful and attentive to my needs always with a smile good job Jackie.

Room Tip: If you want wifi try to get a room in middle close to elevators that's where they have lounge where wifi is connected.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Eric N
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I booked our stay at this hotel after friends of our told us they were staying there as well for a Disney vacation. Where do I begin with what amounted to be a total cluster?

Upon checking in, the employee at the front counter apologized to us for the hotel not having cable. They claimed to be in "transition" and were using antennas (when was the last time you heard of a hotel using antennas)? Anyway, we could live with that since we weren't planning to watch much TV.

The website said this hotel offered continental breakfast. When I asked at check-in what time it ran from, the same employee told me that they no longer offered this and it stopped at the beginning of Nov. So why advertise that you have cable and breakfast when you don't?

I proceeded to ask about the crib we ordered for the room? The employee's jaw dropped. He said they had just given one to another customer because the one they had broke, but that he would find us one before his shift ended (mind you, this is all happening at 9:30 PM at night).

We bring our things into the room. The door won't lock properly, which allowed our 2-year old to get out of the room (thank God we found him in the hallway before he got too far). All of the sliding glass doors were unlocked and open, so we searched the room to make sure there were no intruders.

By the time 10:30 PM rolled around, we had not heard anything about the crib. So we attempted to call down to them. The phones didn't work! None of them. So we called from a cel phone. The employee that promised to help us was gone, and the front desk employee said, "The situation with the crib is we don't have one for you tonight, but we can get one for you tomorrow." We asked what we were supposed to do with our 5-month-old child and why nobody called us to tell us. Anyway, they gave us the option to leave with a full refund if we wished.

We scrambled to find another hotel to stay at. Thankfully, we found one. But by the time we got settled it was 1AM (not the ideal way to head into a trip with the kids to Magic Kingdom).

In addition to all of these problems, the place was dirty. The bed sounded like it was going to break when we laid on it. And our friends that stayed there had all sorts of problems (no phone, cold outdoor pool, dryer didn't work properly and hair dryer caught on fire).

I hope no one ever has to stay here, which is why I'm taking time to write this review. I've stayed in some not-so-great hotels before, but this was by far the worst. My guess is this place won't be in business much longer. If it still is in business, there are thousands of other hotels in Orlando. Go to one of those!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family