“A yummy seafood experience-be sure to ask for Gavin!”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #11 of 139 Restaurants in Winter Garden
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Orlando, FL
“A yummy seafood experience—be sure to ask for Gavin!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I've been to this Bonefish location several times over the years and always have a pleasant seafood dining experience, but on my most recent visit the service I received is what really made the dinner stand out.

On a weekend night, plan to wait about half an hour to an hour for a table. It's popular for a reason. And if you like shrimp and food that has a kick, you really should have the bang bang shrimp for an appetizer. I've had several of their fish dishes and particularly like their seared ahi. There are several seasonal specials also worth a try. Not into seafood? Their fontina chop is very delicious, packed with flavorful marsala sauce with mushrooms and garlic.

I was really looking forward to a special they had on my most recent visit, which was a salmon with a dynamite sauce with mushrooms and spinach. Lo and behold, after I ordered it, I learned they were out of the salmon. I was hooked on the idea of the dynamite sauce, so I asked our server Gavin if I could order a different fish with that sauce. He made it happen, and I was very pleased! He was incredibly attentive without being overbearing, and he was very courteous and even a bit humorous. I wouldn't hesitate to ask for him next time I visit.

• Visited August 2013

Winter gardens
“Over priced for the experience”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I was in for dinner on a Thursday night @ 9:30 pm. There was not many patrons on the restaurant . I felt that the server a female was not happy with all the questions that we had! She was incorrect in many instance( I ask the server if the Atlantic Salmon was from Cile and she replay was not ?? There is not a such thing as Atlantic Salmon from the Atlantic Ocean ! FYI It is the type of spices that is called "atlantic salmon" she was not very familiar with your small wine list! The red wine we order a Chianti should have been served at 62 degree but not was warm! Our dinner take for ever to arrive???? I will like to suggest to the. Manager to train is staff better For the simple fact that today Consumers are much more educate when comes to dining out! All the Best! Salute!

1 Thank Giacomo G
“Unpersonable”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We were in the area decided to eat at bonefish seeming that we have eaten there many times. (Usually its at the loop in Kissimmee). My wife ordered the salmon and goat cheese salad that she always gets, however it was severely undercooked. It's not the food I'm writing about, it's about how the service was terrible. I'm not gonna use any names because I work as a manager in the hospitality industry myself. The server was away from the table a lot, didn't apologize for the food or even attempt to fix the problem, the manager was taking control of the problem. When we paid, no apology again for the food or even a good nigh gesture. Food not cooked right is a kitchen issue, but the server has to take more ownership for creating good experience.

Orlando, Florida
“Try the Rainbow Trout!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I am lucky enough to live right next door to the Winter Garden Village shopping center and even luckier that there is a Bonefish Grill location included amongst its numerous eateries.

Since we live so close, we have been to Bonefish many times and we almost always order the same thing because it is so good: the Pecan Crusted Rainbow Trout. Priced at $23.99, the dish is fairly pricey but well worth every penny!

As the name implies, the delicious, perfectly grilled rainbow trout is topped with a crunchy, nutty crust that perfectly harmonizes with the flavor of the seafood. Even the accompanying vegetable side dishes we chose were top notch. The garlic mashed potates and glazed carrots still make my mouth water just thinking about them!

Bonefish Grill's signature appetizer, the Bang Bang Shrimp, is a wonderful way to start off your meal. (If you have the right coupon, you can even get them for free!) On our last visit, we tried the bacon wrapped scallops with accompanying mango salsa. This dish was even better than the Bang Bang shrimp. Again, they were pricey but well worth it.

The service has been uneven during our visits. Some times it is good, other times spotty. It all depends on how crowded the place is - and it is usually packed. (On our most recent visit, our server offered everyone else bread but us and was a bit overzealous about taking our plates away before we were done.)

MIAMI
“Very busy, very good”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Happy hour wines are $3 until 6:30. Restaurant is always busy. Service was spotty at first. We waited 20 minutes at our table and finally asked who our waitress was. It seems no one was assigned to our table but this lovely waitress apologized profusely and then took excellent care of us. We had the beef and ginger dumplings, shrimp tacos, pecan and parmesan crusted trout and salmon. Portions were delicious and ample. Loaf of bread is served with an olive oil blend of garlic and herbs. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

• Visited June 2013