“IF YOU DO NOT STAY THERE... YOUR ARE STOOPID!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Edgewater Hotel

Edgewater Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Winter Garden
Crystal River, Florida
“IF YOU DO NOT STAY THERE... YOUR ARE STOOPID!!!”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Ok... that may be over the top... but really folks, the Edgewater is amazing. What a gem... what a value... the Hotel is incredible... the staff so attentive... and the area... always something to see or do if you chose to... or you can just relax an read in the roof garden. No skimpy "continental" breakfast here... it's up to you... two eggs, pancakes, grits, french toast... bacon ... sausage... fruit, bagels, yogurt...WHATEVER... it's your choice. Fresh made to order... not green eggs from the steam table and you don't cook it yourself. You're twenty minutes from "O" town and/or "RAT" World. The staff sez... "We know you have many choices...." and that is just not true... there is no other choice for M and me... if we stay in the Orlando area... we stay at the Historic Edgewater Hotel... anything else is just STOOPID!!!
P.S. when you stay at the Edgewater(cause you are not stoopid)... I'll be the guy in the bunny slippers...

Room Tip: each room has it's own personality... I suggest you keep visiting and trying each room...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We had two quiet nights and delicious breakfasts at the Edgewater. We would definitely recommend this as a place to stay in historic downtown Winter Garden. Staff was friendly and helpful and it was very clean.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Staying at the Edgewater Hotel is like taking a step back in time. Most of the building, including the Otis elevator that lifts guests to their second-floor rooms, has been painstakingly restored to its original 1920s condition. Your breakfast of choice is served in a communal dining room that could have been my great-grandmother's. My friend and I spent three nights here recently. When we reported that the room we had been given had some pretty loud and strange noises during the night, we were quickly offered larger and quieter accommodations down the hall. When I requested decaf coffee, one of the helpful young owners brewed a pot just for me. When the cold water tap in our shower wouldn't work right, another young woman came immediately to fix it. All in all, I've never stayed in an inn or B & B where the owners were so solicitous of my comfort. I was looking for something utterly different from the typical modern hotel, and the Edgewater perfectly fit the bill.

Room Tip: Interior rooms, away from the rather heavily-traveled street, are quieter. The two-room suites with...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We loved it. Very clean room, friendly staff, excellent breakfast. Right on the West Ornage Trail with a bike rental shop next door. Thai Blossom restaurant had great food at reasonable prices.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank drdroid
Palm Bay, Florida, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The hotel was lovely and the staff was very hospitable. The downtown area great to visit and this hotel is right in the middle of it all. The rooms were eclectic in decor and it seemed we were going back in history. The group that runs the bed and breakfast has a great back story and it was a joy to share a meal with them. Would definately recommend a stay.

Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I spent a wonderful Friday night and would do it again. Our room was clean and was pleasantly furnished in eclectic pieces from the thirties and forties. The bed was very comfortable. We ate dinner in a restaurant (Chef's Table) in the hotel building then walked to the local theater (Winter Garden Theate) for a play. After that we went to a local wine bar (The Attic) for a night cap. With everything in walking distance it was a very convenient getaway.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking Plant Street.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Waxhaw, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Even when I go on a business trip I stay at the Edgewater because of it's location in Winter Garden. It is so relaxing to take a walk through the streets, walk down to Lake Apopka and just relax. It's also great to get back to staying at a place that emphasises the basics. I never watched the TV the entire week I was there. I was outside enjoying the weather and enjoying my walks (and I do not take walks when I am home!).

Room Tip: Some of the rooms do not have a desk, so if you have a need for a desk be sure to get a room that ha...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winter Garden
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 335 in Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort

Been to Edgewater Hotel? Share your experiences!