First the golf, this is why you are looking to go right.
• Excellent golf courses. Playable at all skill levels. Want tougher? Go back a tee. 7400+ yards at sea level is a test.
• Great practice facilities. There is no yardage on the range. There are too many tees and possible pin position combos to have useful yardage markers. If you want to practice for game improvement you'll need a range finder
• The short game facilities are excellent. The practice shipping greens on the north side, closest to the lodge have no rough to chip from. The short game area on the west side of the range has rough. This setup is closer to what you will find on the course.
• The Cat is far tougher than the panther. (This is an editorial comment)
• Practice long bunker shots and long lag putts. Both courses present both challenges regularly.
• No one reminds you of this but please fix your ball marks and fill your divots on the fairway. It is the right thing to do.
• Accommodations are comfortable but a little thin. Beds are comfortable, water pressure is good, there is lots of hot water, and towels are fresh and abundant. Decor is dated and the TV's are old CRT's with a basic cable package. The golf channel is one of the available selections.
• Rooms are comfortable but full of unnecessary furniture. I mean really who uses a desk at a golf resort?
• There is free Wi-Fi in both the lodge and the clubhouse. No password required
• Lodge reception service is good.
• There is a local pizza place that delivers
• You need to know about the pizza because OCN is in the middle of nowhere. The club house closes at 7 (kitchen earlier than that)
• The food at the club house is mediocre. Fine for one day but you would not want to eat there for 3 days.
• The coffee is terrible. If you roll Starbucks, bring your own.
• The stay and play package includes range balls but the back shop does not seem to know that. TIP, have the pro shop guys note on your green fee ticket that you are a lodge guest on the receipt. that way they'll know for sure to hook you up with balls
• You cannot bring your own food and beverage onto the course. No one tells you this but you need to know to avoid hassle.
• Absolutely take advantage of the 6 beers for 5 beer price from the cart. $20 gets you 6 import cans but you can choose pint cans of Stella Artois. A no brainer. That is like 8 beers for the price of 5. And your cart has a cooler full of ice.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Orange County National Golf Center and Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orange County National Golf Hotel Winter Garden
- Orange County National Golf Center And Lodge Winter Garden, Florida