All reviews crooked cat panther lake great golf practice facility in great shape world class golf hole courses green fees fairways executive pga played challenging bunker lodging accommodations
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

A little slow pace but a beautiful course in great shape. The front nine of crooked cat is pretty easy but the back nine more challenging. Panther lake is longer and challenging. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The practice facility is really nice but they charge $12 for balls

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Stelly3665
Reviewed 24 February 2016 via mobile

Just an all around great practice facility with driving range, chipping/short game practice, a short practice course of excellent quality and interest, excellent championship level full golf courses and multiple teaching options for individual and group lessons. All in all an excellent destination for golfers of all skill levels.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

Took my dad here as part of the end of a week long 70th birthday golf trip. We played the crooked cat and stayed in the lodge. Thought it would just be easier then traveling to a hotel. First off everyone that works at the course and lodge were very nice to us. They really wanted us to have a great time. The lodge itself is ok. As I was told at check in "your not here to sleep your here to play golf." True. Everything was clean. Fresh sheets and towels and a basket of toiletries. We had a flat screen tv and a hair drier on the wall. Carpet was a little old and bathroom could use a little updating. As well as the room & bathroom needed better lighting. But clean. Beds were comfy. Also since there was no one checking in that day they let us have a late check out. Had breakfast at the course. Only one thing. A hot greasy ham egg and cheese bagel. So good!!!! And coffee. Also had lunch after golf. Dad had a chicken ceaser wrap and I had mahi sandwich. Both were good. Have a small but nice menu.
Ok golf. I loved this course. It was in great condition. Not chewed up. We only played the crooked cat so I can't compare it to the other for you. I compare it to a links style course. Very open fairways. And being that there is so much land this course covers you really did not have to worry about getting hit by a ball from another fairway. Was this the best course we played all week? No considering the private courses we played before, but it was defiantly worth the stop and I would play there again.

Stayed: February 2016
1  Thank choz02
Reviewed 6 February 2016

Panther Lake is definitely the better of the courses at OCN. Crooked Cat is in great shape but Panther Lake is more visually appealing and suits my game a little better. Both courses are well maintained and challenging. If you're not familiar with the course, you can easily get lost as the cart path layout can leave you scratching your head which way to go. If you're expecting a quick round, forget it. I played multiple times in the course of two weeks while in the Orlando area and I was unable to finish a round in less than four hours fifteen minutes. The 9-hole Tooth executive course has no redeeming value and should probably be shut down unless some funds are invested in bringing it up to a better level.

While the staff in the pro shop was friendly, the starter was very gruff and had a bit of an attitude. I never saw a beverage cart on the course, which was very disappointing. Once you're out on the Panther Lake course, your only options are expensive vending machines.

A few tweaks to personnel and operations could really elevate this course. Would probably go back, but it's not at the top of my list.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2016

tough golf course but well maintained, lots of practice areas.
terrible accommodations. 8 of us went. one room had no remote for tv, another was missing a drawer in the chest, another was missing a shower curtain. there is no maid service unless you are staying 3-4 days or so.
there was more mold and lint in the shower's vent fan than a toxic waste dump, the tub looked as if it was reclaimed from a dump.
there is no breakfast buffet, just mcdonald-like breakfast sandwiches.
In other words, if you go don't bring your wife.

see pictures below

Room Tip: there are no good rooms
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends