All reviews crooked cat panther lake great golf practice facility in great shape world class golf hole courses green fees fairways executive pga played challenging bunker lodging accommodations
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Played here 3 times during our trip with 2 daughters, aged 9 & 10, the tooth executive course is perfect for all ages! The golf course condition was fantastic and maintained to the same condition as the 2 championship course, only $10 a round with kids under 13 free, best value around!! You’ll be hard pressed to find a better practice facility anywhere, they have the largest range in America and chipping greens, putting greens and a bunker practice area second to none! Staff were very friendly and I will definitely spend a lot more time there in our next trip, awesome place!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Sorely disappointed. A fivesome had the whole course backed up. People jumping in front of you, no ranger in sight. Will never go back. Too many good courses in the area to put up with this. I even had people hitting into me, knowing there was no where to go. When I complained, the answer I got was, : the ranger should have done something:. Was there 4 hours and I never saw a ranger. This was my last trip to this course.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Get clarity before you buy the golf package. I thought we paid for unlimited balls and we got equivalent to a small bucket each day. Thankfully the short course worked well, but you have to walk.
We stayed at the lodge and two of my clients had fat tires the first morning...The bathrooms were not cleaned and frankly disgusting, especially the showers.
We waited for 20-mintues to check in with no one at the desk and 5-10 minutes at the registration desk a couple times throughout the weekend.
The lights were out on the putting green and they said they were out since November. The lights didn’t work in the morning on the range either. We had an early tee time the day we flew out and was told the range opened at 6am and it was lit but they could not turn on the lights in the morning. Poor communication from the outside service staff.

The golf courses were set up rediculously difficult on Saturday and Sunday with pins being 2 paces off the edges a couple times, and 4 or 5 paces off the edges on all 18 holes. We came down from MN to have fun, not play in a US Open.

Again the golf was great, especially Crooked Cat, service not so much.

Lodging, it was a place to sleep, nothing more.

PGA Golf Pro, not likely to return with guests...

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank pluthb2015
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

We played the Panther Lake course and it was so good we went back to play the Crooked Cat the next day. We were just as impressed.
The staff are all helpful and attentive-without going over the top- and the green fees are reasonable.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2017

The Crooked Cat course is so bad it should not even be open. Dirt fairways and rough. Panther Lake is slightly better but still most of the fairways and rough are dirt. The greens were fine. Our Sunday round was on pace to take 6 hours. We quit after 9 holes. Staff was unfriendly and rude at times. No breakfast menu for those staying in the lodge. No water or ice dispenser at the clubhouse. Never saw the cart girl either.

The courses were so bad that we will never return and I am sure many others will feel the same. It's a shame because when the course was sold off a few years ago the courses were beautiful. Until the course is sold off to new company with the necessary funds to upkeep the courses and facilities, I do not see anything getting better.

Room Tip: Stay away from the putting green side of the lodge. The lights draw bugs and they were crawling all over our room.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends