“Nice clean hotel friendly staff. Way over priced.”

Holiday Inn Winter Haven
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Winter Haven
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is a very nice, newer hotel. Staff were very attentive and helpful. My only complaint is 180 bucks a night is out of this world. We are not talking about a resort at disney. This is winery haven florida. If it wasn't for the price would be 5 stars

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank sks8686

Reviewed 14 January 2014

This hotel is very close to Legoland.
It is 6 stories and located on busy Cypress Gardens Blvd, but being set back from the highway traffic noise is not a problem. There are about 15 eating places within a 5 minute walk and also a walmart.
Members get a welcoming gift of water, chips and a chocolate bar. Nice touch.

My room did not have a micro wave. I don't know if this is standard.
There is a restaurant on site so breakfast is NOT included but the buffet is $8.00
Thee is a well equipped exercise room with 6 pieces of equipment. There is an outdoor pool
The business centre has 2 computers and a printer.

Rooms have wifi and wired. My wired connection kept dropping.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Joe_Ursano
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed here for two nights intending to visit legoland. At check in they gave our son a Lego mini figure. The hotel appears to be a tear down and rebuild since everything is brand spanking new. The rooms are on the smaller side but comfortable. Breakfast is not included though and the buffet is $8 for what is typically free at a Hampton inn so we didn't eat there. By the way the hotel shares a parking lot with a Hampton Inn. There is a Starbucks and a panera bread within walking distance so those are good options too.

There is an on site washer and dryer which cost $5 for a load of laundry but it did a good job.

Legoland is about 5 or 10 min away and lots of food and drink choices along the way.

Recommended for a stay

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank snd2000
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We planned a trip to Legoland and after looking at the hotels in the area choose this one. It was clean, and comfortable - just what we needed traveling with a special needs child. Breakfast lived up to expectations, hot and tasty. Staff was friendly and helpful. Having the fridge and Microwave was a great help with the little one!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay at this Holiday Inn because all the other hotels in the area looked sketchy. We wanted something close to Legoland, which it is. Clean rooms, awesome lobby! And the kids get mini-figures for Legoland at check-in! My only problem is the price, with a AAA discount we paid $135 for one night, but it was worth it compared to the other options. I would love to come back again for a longer stay!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank cjansen88
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

I have over 200 hotel nights this year and this is the best mid price hotel I have stayed in (2013). The property is new and well appointed. The staff was exceptional and very knowledgeable about local shops and restaurants. The breakfast is the average chain fair with the signature HI cinnamon rolls. The only thing I would like is a hot tub.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dustyelectrician
Reviewed 28 October 2013

First off I want to say thanks to all the staff at this hotel. I had a surgery in Winter Haven and stayed here for 5 days. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating and made my stay very comfortable. Suzanne who works the evening bar/restaurant is super nice as is the lady who works the breakfast! The hotel itself was super clean, my room was very large and updated, had a clean, nice pool area and a great restaurant. The food is amazing...I ate here 3 times for dinner and breakfast each day and I can tell you I couldn't believe it was a hotel restaurant (all the food tasted great and was fresh...not sure how anyone could complain about the breakfast). I honestly felt like I was on holiday staying at a resort more then being at a hotel for surgery. All I can say is that this maybe the best hotel experience I have ever had and will be choosing Holiday Inns exclusively for future trips/vacations when possible.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven
Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites
Howard Johnson Inn - Winter Haven FL
Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center

Been to Holiday Inn Winter Haven? Share your experiences!