“Pleasantly Surprised with a Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Winter Haven
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Winter Haven
Reviewed 23 September 2010

We were in Winter Haven for my son's weekend baseball tournament. We live an additional two hours further then the rest of the families on the team so while they all drove home, we stayed in the area. Nice hotel. Holiday Inn's are usually not my first choice in a hotel, but after researching all of the hotels in the area, I took a chance here. It is a newer hotel. Very nice looking lobby and friendly, helpful staff. Both Ginette and Jennifer were great. The room was very clean and the mattresses and pillows were new and fluffy. My only complaint was our AC unit. It cooled, however it was loud and turned on and off all night. We never complained to the staff because we didn't notice it until the kids went to bed and we turned off the TV. We didn't want to pack everything up so late at night and try another room. The pool was small but nice, clean and private. The fitness room had nice, new equipment. The treadmill and elliptical machines had individual TV's mounted on them. The washer and dryers are located right next door the the fitness room which was convenient. There are plenty of restaurants right next door and a Wal-Mart nearby. Despite the load AC unit I would stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Floridabusybee
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Winter Haven

Reviewed 24 July 2010

I don't think there is a huge selection of hotels in Winter Haven. We came for
the weekend for my fiance's high school reunion (his family no longer lives
here). I found this hotel from reading reviews and decided it looked like one of the nicer hotels in town. He didn't know of this hotel, so I think it is relatively new. It also
looks new and clean. The room had a flat screen TV and King sized bed. There is a shower only - no bathtub - at least in our room. There is a pool and a restaurant that is open for breakfast and dinner. We didn't use either. We did order room service for a snack one night. It was a bit slow, but fine. We saw several young girls staying
here - looked to be a softball team and were worried about the noise. However,
we didn't hear a thing and slept fine. The hotel shares a parking lot with Outback Steakhouse and there are several fast food restaurants close by.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fsufan
Reviewed 21 June 2010

We arrived 2 hours before check in time. The front desk attendant did not acknowledge us at first and when she did she was quite abrupt and unfriendly. We were told that there were no "clean" rooms and check in was at 3 and then she turned away. It would have been nice if she had offered to take our number and call whent the room was ready or offer to keep our bag so we didn't have to haul it back out to the car. She could have suggested we wait in the restaurant or by the pool but instead just left us standing there. Employees such as these loose business. Even though the room was nice and clean, we'll try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2010

Stayed at Holiday Inn Winter for 4 nights this past week. The hotel looks new, very clean and well kept. The staff was very friendly, especially the the ladies taking care of the breakfast service. Only had breakfast there and the only choice was a buffet but it was very good and reasonably priced. I would definetely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2009

I occassionally have to work in Auburndale, which is about 45 min east of Tampa. There is a hotel closer to the work place, but since I wanted to earn some Priority Club points, I decided to try the Holiday Inn in Winter Haven. This is my 1st choice of places to stay when I'm in the area.

It seems very newly built. The lobby is large and clean. Staff is professional. I always go for a suite. I like the additional room and the prices are usually decent. Once I even got a view of a lake from my room. That was a plus. Hotel is always quiet. And you have so many choices of restaurants. Eat on-site or take a drive in any direction and you'll find hundreds of different choices: Mexican, Italian, Olive Garden, Pizza, Outback, Dunkin Donuts..you name it. There is also a mall nearby if you forgot anything. Easy and free parking.

Off all the Holiday Inns I've tried in 2009 (I travel at least twice a month) this one had the best breakfast bar and individual REAL food menu choices. Cereal, eggs (made to order if you like), fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, pastries, etc. And each table has it's own flat screen so you can watch the news while you eat.

Really like this property.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank cptravelmaven
Reviewed 30 August 2009

My wife and I both liked the hotel very much. It's quite new and clean, and that can be very hard to find in Winter Haven. The price was excellent and two of the staff members were very pleasant. Ginette (I think that's the proper spelling) at the front desk is a wonderful person.

Nicole, in the restaurant, is also great. We had breakfast twice and we give high marks to the food and the service. We did not eat lunch or dinner at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank statguymark
Reviewed 26 April 2009

We enjoyed our stay. The motel is new, and it was very clean and well decorated. Internet was adequate. No complimentary breakfast, but they do have a restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven
Howard Johnson Inn - Winter Haven FL
Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center
Americas Best Value Inn Winter Haven

Been to Holiday Inn Winter Haven? Share your experiences!