“Excellent food, sweets, coffee, and service”

Ovation Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ovation Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 218 Restaurants in Winter Haven
Price range: US$8 - US$36
Description: #1 smokehouse in Central Florida: At Ovation Bistro & Bar, we are unashamedly passionate about the food and drinks we create. As a family owned and operated business, we are always ready to serve! Our mouthwatering ribs and in-house smoked meats have earned us serious street cred among locals and visitors alike, and for good reason. Sit back and relax with a refreshing drink in our warm and casual dinning environment. We offer 2-4-1 wines, spirits and beer all day everyday. We want to make sure that you get this great value anytime you want to come, not when we want you to come. We have fun at the Ovation Bistro & Bar and we really love what we do!

Ovation Bistro & grill
This is an independent restaurant worth of support. They do everything right. First, we were greeted with smiling welcoming faces, then we were seated after a brief wait, at our leisure. The hostess was efficient, taking our drinks and food order and explaining the menu. The owner stopped by to greet us and make sure all was fine. Their bread is the same dark bread we love at cheesecake factory. I ordered the chicken parmesan and my wife ordered the briskette steak. Both meals were extra ordinarily good. My chicken was moist, with parmesan slivers on top. My wife loves briskettes, and she raved about this one.
We topped all with a German chocolate cake, which was absolutely delicious. Wow. I am a coffee conneseur, so I tried their latte, and it definitely passed my taste buds test.
All in all, this was a positive experience with a good taste. Will definitly go back to visit this place again.

joelr231, Owner at Ovation Bistro & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for coming! We are so happy that everything was awesome! We try hard to make sure everyone leaves happy and we are so glad that you did! We look forward to serving you again, anytime!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were looking for someplace to satisfy myself, my wife and kids, and my father on Father's Day. With all the different tastes and attitudes in this group, finding a place to satisfy everyone is difficult. I was looking on-line for the Winter Haven area where my father lives and found Ovation with many really good reviews, a high rating, and a diverse menu. So, I made a reservation. Those good reviews were well deserved. Everyone found something to eat and enjoy on the menu. My father loved the Lobster Bisque soup and Soft-Shell Crab. My Rib-eye was delicious. My wife enjoyed the Tilapia special. The only issue we had was my daughter was not happy with her first choice (this was on her, not the food). Our waitress Christine (who was a friendly, phenomenal, and attentive waitress) offered my daughter to choose something else on the menu. The second choice made my picky daughter happy. The manager came over to make sure she was happier with her second choice and to make sure the rest of us enjoyed our meal. He was very nice, and really concerned that everyone was happy with their meal. I can not express how much of an excellent restaurant experience this turned out to be. With the difficulty of finding a place that will make 5 people happy, three of them very picky, Ovation turned out to be an excellent choice. I am definitely going back to this restaurant for more visits.

Oh, by the way, I had a taste of the Brisket out of curiosity and it was fantastic. I intend to come back for lunch one day and have the brisket. When I come back for dinner next time, I know they have a nice, diverse menu, but I loved that steak I had and will want it again.

Wow oh wow! First of all, Happy Fathers Day to all the dads in your family. We appreciate you spending the day with us. We are thrilled to hear that our menu pleased everyone in your party. We will have brisket waiting for you, anytime you’re ready for it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fast and friendly service complimented by great food make for a great experience, Joel’s staff can accommodate all your needs, put this one on your must go to list

Thanks Dale!
We love serving you and would do it happily again, anytime! We are so glad that you had a great time. See you again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent food & service. Highly recommend. Prices are reasonable. Has full bar. Family run and was owner greeted us with a complimentary beer & loaded potato skins while we waited.

Sharen,
Thanks for coming to Ovation! It was our pleasure to serve you. We are so happy to be a family owned and operated business in our area. We are so happy that you enjoyed everything and we cannot wait to serve you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

One thing is for sure - you cannot beat the service at the Ovation2 Bistro & Bar. From the warm greeting we got when we came in (I think from Fabian the manager himself) to the impeccable service from the handsome Patrick - we got plenty of attention.
This time around I had the pulled pork and kettle chips while the wife had a pork sandwich and potato soup. Although we could smell the smoke in the restaurant, the pork seemed more roasted. It also was more "chunked" than the traditional "pulled" pork.
Her soup didn't have much soup - more like potato chunks in a thick gravy.
All that being said, the food was very good. although the pricepoint was a bit steep.
We would recommend this place for sure.

Awesome! Thanks for coming to Ovation. We are so happy that you found us and are thrilled that you would reccomenf us to friends! We are glad that you enjoyed everything and would love to get the opportunity to serve you again.